2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Remember when I said I liked the Howard signing? I take that back.

So sorry you Raiders fans have to go through this.

Nick

Reaction score
Giants getting Jennings is sweet, now let's get some O linemen

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Didn't know the tems of the deal, you paid him 6 mil per year
Probably not as bad as it seems if it is like the Saffold deal. Saffold gets 16 mill next year and then it drops off considerably after that. McKenzie is probably paying most guys like this to keep flexibility moving forward. Wait I mean...

6 mill per, fuck this shit!

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
15 mill guaranteed, probably most of it in a signing bonus that will be paid over the first two years. So if he sucks it will be easy to get out from the deal after that.

He is a run grater who only had 2 penalties and gave up 2 sacks last year. I am happy to have a solid RT, as we haven't had one in at least 10 years. I am happier with this deal than Saffold honestly. Maybe it will pan out. Just hope to god they want Saffold to play tackel and aren't planning on wasting the #5 pick on a lineman.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Probably not as bad as it seems if it is like the Saffold deal. Saffold gets 16 mill next year and then it drops off considerably after that. McKenzie is probably paying most guys like this to keep flexibility moving forward. Wait I mean...

6 mill per, fuck this shit!

Oh, okay! So it's actually a financially fine decision disguised as a frivolous one. When you put it that way the Saffold deal isn't that bad either as long as you can fix the LT situation, you can pay these guys a lot of money this year while you have the cap room as you rebuild through the draft, and have your guard and right tackle sealed up for fairly cheap for the next 4 years. I like Howard but saw it as you guys paying 14 mil per for a couple of non-elite tackles. Wish this stuff was more easily available.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
oh, and I would say paying this much for a new RT pretty much confirms those "Watson is a massive bust already" rumors that were going about. So once again I say, nice going on that pick poindexter mckenzie

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oh, okay! So it's actually a financially fine decision disguised as a frivolous one. When you put it that way the Saffold deal isn't that bad either as long as you can fix the LT situation, you can pay these guys a lot of money this year while you have the cap room as you rebuild through the draft, and have your guard and right tackle sealed up for fairly cheap for the next 4 years. I like Howard but saw it as you guys paying 14 mil per for a couple of non-elite tackles. Wish this stuff was more easily available.
The way the Saffold deal is it makes me think he is going to be at tackle this year and then as his money goes down he will likely be kicked in to guard. Which I suppose doesn't rule out the possibility of wanting to draft "omg franchise left tackle". I suppose if we build the line this offseason we can still tank pretty effectively for Winston next year?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
DRC won't be back in Denver now that Talib signed. Denver ended negotiations.

I'd hit that

Snowman1

Reaction score
The way the Saffold deal is it makes me think he is going to be at tackle this year and then as his money goes down he will likely be kicked in to guard. Which I suppose doesn't rule out the possibility of wanting to draft "omg franchise left tackle". I suppose if we build the line this offseason we can still tank pretty effectively for Winston next year?

The one argument against that is Dumb and Dumber, as you called them, are probably gonna be shitcanned at the end of the year. How are they possibly thinking long-term... then again if you aren't thinking long-term why would you put that deal together?

From a fan's perspective, sure they can do that! :win: Everything might turn out playing perfectly in the end, as long as Mariota doesn't expose himself the way Boyd apparently did (don't rule him out for your draft btw)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jared Allen talking to Seattle and Chicago

dude wouldn't even be fair in Seattle lmao

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.