2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think the media circus will be obsessed with him for like his first year, or if like he wins the Superbowl or an MVP award you know something that will give him more attention in the media.
I can see the whole thinking blowing over completely over after the regular season starts tbh. What's interesting to me is reading the players reactions on this, most of them are actually indifferent to him joining rather then against it. They know he's a good player, they know he's openly gay and they know they have nothing to do with it, they will either throw a bitch fit and leave and be clearly defined as a open homophobe for awhile. For the most part the player's opinions I've heard so far have been more for him joining their respective teams than pushing him away.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Suppose it's apples and oranges, but remember all the media circus that made teams shy away from Teo last year?

Yeah, exactly.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think the media circus will be obsessed with him for like his first year, or if like he wins the Superbowl or an MVP award you know something that will give him more attention in the media.
I can see the whole thinking blowing over completely over after the regular season starts tbh. What's interesting to me is reading the players reactions on this, most of them are actually indifferent to him joining rather then against it. They know he's a good player, they know he's openly gay and they know they have nothing to do with it, they will either throw a bitch fit and leave and be clearly defined as a open homophobe for awhile. For the most part the player's opinions I've heard so far have been more for him joining their respective teams than pushing him away.

Yeah as that video stated it is the executives who have the problems... they are older they grew up in different times and they need to catch up.. plain and simple.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Suppose it's apples and oranges, but remember all the media circus that made teams shy away from Teo last year?

Yeah, exactly.
From the 4 or 5 games I watched last season they were right to shy away from Teo, he was not really anything special. I know the Chargers especially would've liked more out of him.. one game that comes to mind was the Dolphins Game, he was awful.. Tannenhill alone broke two of his tackles, one of them he had Tannenhill completely wrapped up and let go for no reason.
There's more time left in his career for sure but if he keeps playing like last year idk if the Chargers are going to give him the Seau treatment like he wanted.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

Yeah, exactly.

Key difference: It's okay to discriminate against a guy for being overly Christian. It's not okay to discriminate against a guy for being gay.

If it becomes public knowledge that teams passed on him because they were worried about the media circus surrounding his sexual orientation, that team (or those teams) will be vilified.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Key difference: It's okay to discriminate against a guy for being overly Christian. It's not okay to discriminate against a guy for being gay.

If it becomes public knowledge that teams passed on him because they were worried about the media circus surrounding his sexual orientation, that team (or those teams) will be vilified.

wk
huh? Teams supposedly backed off of Te'o because of the fake girlfriend thing. Not because he is Christian (he's Mormon). I really can't stand to see Christian's playing the race card, no offense.

I promise you atheists are discriminated against 100 X more. I know for a fact certain religious people look down on me because I believe in no higher power.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
D'Z's morning rumor report:

Bad news on the Denise Pitta front, blackbird fans: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-pitta-baltimore-ravens-far-apart-on-new-deal

They should franchise his stupid ass and trade him.
Also Baltimore continues to ignore the fact that Ray Rice is likely done
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice
he had what, 4/5 good years? That's the shelf life. But they are stuck under his massive contract anyhow, may as well hope that he finds some magic potion to make him serviceable again

Delmas visits the Steelers http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5226/louis-delmas

Would be a good singing for them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2014/02/17/redskins-cousins-wont-be-going-anywhere/
Kirk Cousins going nowhere? IMO Washington would be smart to keep him

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5187/greg-hardy
Greg Hardy wants some real serious cheddar. Assuming he isn't tagged, Raiders gotta open up the check book for that dude. Not often an ELITE 25 year old pass rusher hits the market

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5842/jimmy-graham
Jimmy Graham on being tagged as a TE: Homie don't play dat

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm getting so nervous hearing about Raiders QB rumors. And most of our fanbase just rolls with it.

"Yea cool let's bring McCown back in! Give him a shot! He looked good with the Bears!"
Yea, no kidding you fucking dolts, look at the team around him.

"I think Matt Schaub just needs a change of scenery!"
I think you need a change of hobby, because chatting about football on the internet doesn't seem to be for you

I've even seen Sanchize rumors :facepalm1:

what would the fucking point be. Bottom line if we sign Sanchize, Schaub or McCown, listed in order of how suicidal I would be, I'm going to lose it.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
CBS shake up: Marino and Shannon Sharpe out (fuck Sharpe, I like Marino), Tony Gonzalez is in.

Gonzo is a legend and well educated and well spoken, but he isn't that interesting of a dude. Pretty boring personality IMO. Meh hire. Replacing Sharpe is addition by subtraction though.

Cowher, Boomer, JB and Gonzo just sounds dull. I'll stick to NFLN with Rich, Marshall, Playmaker and Mooch

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
barely related sidenote: this is Shannon Sharpe in 2013. holy fucking shit dude is Herschell Walker post-retirement ripped

c94f37165fde5f88e6e5e18269c9f19a.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Methinks Tedd Ginn is coming to the Eagles, the speed makes him a versatile tool and can work well with Chip Kelly's system imo.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Methinks Tedd Ginn is coming to the Eagles, the speed makes him a versatile tool and can work well with Chip Kelly's system imo.
Would be a good fit. An extra weapon on offense and one of the better returners. Can return kicks and punts, save DeSean for clutch punt return situations instead of doing it all the time. Although the thought of not letting DeSean return punts seems crazy :notsure1:

Ginn played well in Carolina though. He might have played his way into a bigger contract than philly is willing to pay for a WR4/KR. I think he can be paid like a high end WR3

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Snowman1

Reaction score
Denise, who the hell do you think you are? You had one okay season and then 3 games this year of inconsistent play and you think you're worth some big money contract? Get outta here. You just saw Sizzle give money back to try to resign people like you, and if anyone deserves a big deal it's Suggs. Not you. You were a great source of optimism this year (ooooh, Flacco and he have a great report together! Maybe we can move the ball if Flacco doesn't have to throw to the Ghost of Dallas Clark over the middle?) but what the hell have you actually done on the field?

(Sharpy, you missed one of the worst fantasy beats ever, hence the "Denise" nickname)

I want Ginn :why:

Reactions: Vice

Snowman1

Reaction score
SI: Deangelo Hall signed a 4-year deal with the Redskins.
Congrats, NFC East fans

Status
Not open for further replies.