2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Its not like the Texans are a QB away from competing dude. Adding talent is priority #1 and Clowney (maybe Watkins as well) is the only truly elite level talent in the draft.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Where ya'll think Ben Tate going?
Methinks Cleveland or NYG but who knows theres a few teams that may be interested.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Where ya'll think Ben Tate going?
Methinks Cleveland or NYG but who knows theres a few teams that may be interested.
I don't think it matters much. I thought he was starter quality when he was spelling Foster, but if anything he is a low level starter. He didn't look great when filling in for Foster when he went down, plus Tate couldn't stay healthy as a backup, I can't picture him getting a starter workload for 16 games.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Do you think Houston is a QB away from competing?

edit; Hell even for the division, let alone a SB.

Not "a QB away" necessarily but if they can shore up the right side of the OL and get a couple of defensive players they should be fine.

Remember, this squad was elite just a year ago.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not "a QB away" necessarily but if they can shore up the right side of the OL and get a couple of defensive players they should be fine.

Remember, this squad was elite just a year ago.
An "elite" regular season team, perhaps, but they clearly peaked and trying to retool as opposed to rebuild would be foolish and shortsighted.

I just don't see any way that the QBs in this draft wind up having better careers than Clowney.

Houston offensively is on the down slide at every position even outside of QB. Johnson is old as fuck. Owen Daniels is done at TE. Foster can't stay healthy and didn't look like the same player last year. The only building blocks they really have are Deandre Hopkins and Duane Brown.

Meanwhile adding Clowney to their defensive corps gives them a likely elite unit on that side of the ball for years to come.

I know you said agree to disagree, but goddammit its February and I want to talk football!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Houston offensively is on the down slide at every position even outside of QB. Johnson is old as fuck. Owen Daniels is done at TE. Foster can't stay healthy and didn't look like the same player last year. The only building blocks they really have are Deandre Hopkins and Duane Brown.

I thought Garrett Graham showed a little flashyness for a TE who was pretty limited during his first 2 seasons and also with the QBs he had throwing to him, definitely not an Elite TE by any means but I think they could get by with him for the next year or two.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
bdc9c418a0f3763bab94e89adfd16f8b.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I thought Garrett Graham showed a little flashyness for a TE who was pretty limited during his first 2 seasons and also with the QBs he had throwing to him, definitely not an Elite TE by any means but I think they could get by with him for the next year or two.
He did well when he was playing in 2 TE sets w/ Daniels early in the year, but didn't seem as productive as the starter. Even if he is adequate, he is a downgrade from Owen Daniels from 2007/2008 until 2012.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Has the tweets from Incognito after the reports came out been posted yet? Man he's gotta keep his cool if he wants this to blow over a bit smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.