2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You are just saying "mediocre RBs can get better" which is obvious. I am saying what that Lamar Miller does on an NFL field gives you any real reason to think he will become a viable starter? Anyone with two eyes connected to a brain could see Ricky had talent. Anyone who watched more than 2 games for Miami knows Miller simply doesn't look like a starting caliber RB.
So Miller is the first RB since McGahee at the U of Miami to pass 1000 yds, gets drafted 2nd round.. all similar to Ricky Williams and all of the sudden we don't give him a chance?
Also watching football in '99 you saw flashes of Ricky Williams being a viable starter after his first starting year being mediocre?
No, you didnt.. Why do I know this.. I know because I watched EVERY game of his that season to observe what the Eagles had passed on, and I saw jackshit!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So Miller is the first RB since McGahee at the U of Miami to pass 1000 yds, gets drafted 2nd round.. all similar to Ricky Williams and all of the sudden we don't give him a chance?
Also watching football in '99 you saw flashes of Ricky Williams being a viable starter after his first starting year being mediocre?
No, you didnt.. Why do I know this.. I know because I watched EVERY game of his that season to observe what the Eagles had passed on, and I saw jackshit!
So you cite Miller's college stats and draft position as the reasons he can get better. Cool, we agree he has shown absolutely nothing on an NFL field to show he might become a viable starter. Awesome.

Again, this stretch of you comparing MIller to WIlliams simply doesn't interest me. Its' asinine.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Just let me ask you this, are you saying Miller should be the unequivocal starter going into next season? Or at the very least can you admit it would be a good idea to get him some competition outside of Daniel "I don't belong in the NFL" Thomas?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So you cite Miller's college stats and draft position as the reasons he can get better. Cool, we agree he has shown absolutely nothing on an NFL field to show he might become a viable starter. Awesome.

Again, this stretch of you comparing MIller to WIlliams simply doesn't interest me. Its' asinine.

I'm comparing the two's starting years.. How do you not see that? Jesus H Fuck..
Clearly its fucking obvious Williams has had his whole entire career over with to how his stuff more than Miller NO DUH dippy longstocking.. But if you STRICTLY look at their first two years (smh.. I shouldn't even have to say that that should be fucking obvious since we're talking about start offs and not careers in a whole lmfaooooo!)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just let me ask you this, are you saying Miller should be the unequivocal starter going into next season? Or at the very least can you admit it would be a good idea to get him some competition outside of Daniel "I don't belong in the NFL" Thomas?

Why waste a perfectly good rookie contract, of course you let him start next year.. And of course you should bring in other RBs to compete, that only can help him get better.. It's like with what the Bengals are planning to do with Dalton, they are going to sign someone to compete with him to help him become less of a dumbass.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm comparing the two's starting years.. How do you not see that? Jesus H Fuck..
Clearly its fucking obvious Williams has had his whole entire career over with to how his stuff more than Miller NO DUH dippy longstocking.. But if you STRICTLY look at their first two years (smh.. I shouldn't even have to say that that should be fucking obvious since we're talking about start offs and not careers in a whole lmfaooooo!)
Why are you getting so upset dude? Seriously take a chill pill. Are you related to Lamar Miller?

btw you still haven't given me a single thing that he does on the field to make you think he is ever going to be worth a damn. You just keep falling back to the same thing of "He deserves a chance!" based on what? RIcky Williams got a chance and then didn't suck? How can you not see how all over the map and pointless your argument is dude?

I like you, but I'm just going to walk away from this 'debate'

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why are you getting so upset dude? Seriously take a chill pill. Are you related to Lamar Miller?

btw you still haven't given me a single thing that he does on the field to make you think he is ever going to be worth a damn. You just keep falling back to the same thing of "He deserves a chance!" based on what? RIcky Williams got a chance and then didn't suck? How can you not see how all over the map and pointless your argument is dude?

I like you, but I'm just going to walk away from this 'debate'

700 yds on 177 attempts with 2 TD with that piss poor line and horrid coaching.. Makes me think he can be worth a damn given the right pieces around him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
PFF ranked their line 19th last year. Bad, but far from an excuse to play like shit as a RB most of the year.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
PFF ranked their line 19th last year. Bad, but far from an excuse to play like shit as a RB most of the year.
not just the O-Line, I mentioned coaching as well, Sherman was a pretty dreadful OC imo and I know several ppl who share this opinion from his time with Houston and this past year with Miami.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Miller lacks vision, decisiveness, power or the ability to contribute with pass protection or pass catching ability. But he is sort of fast I guess.

Reaction score
not just the O-Line, I mentioned coaching as well, Sherman was a pretty dreadful OC imo and I know several ppl who share this opinion from his time with Houston and this past year with Miami.
Fuck Mike Sherman!! I used to be a Packers fan until all the goddamn bandwagon fans came out and his last year for them in like 05 as the headcoach was soooooo bad.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Fuck Mike Sherman!! I used to be a Packers fan until all the goddamn bandwagon fans came out and his last year for them in like 05 as the headcoach was soooooo bad.
lol I loved that season, they gave him a goddamn extension and fired him the same year :) and I know all about those bandwagoners, I'm in Ohio and all of the sudden after their Superbowl appearances they became one of like the publicly hottest teams around here.

Reaction score
lol I loved that season, they gave him a goddamn extension and fired him the same year :) and I know all about those bandwagoners, I'm in Ohio and all of the sudden after their Superbowl appearances they became one of like the publicly hottest teams around here.

. . . GB fans in Ohio? That doesn't even make sense.. Ohio I can see being filled with browns/bengals fans obviously but also more like steelers/colts rather than the packers although an Eagles fan there really doesnt really make much sense either haha

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
. . . GB fans in Ohio? That doesn't even make sense.. Ohio I can see being filled with browns/bengals fans obviously but also more like steelers/colts rather than the packers although an Eagles fan there really doesnt really make much sense either haha
Im originally from the Philly/Jersey area haha I just moved to Ohio when I was a bit young.. but yeah I mean you'd think the Colts since they were right next to us but literally I think I only see them on the west side of Ohio more closer to that area, such as like Dayton.. But yeah we have a shit ton of tittsburgh feelers fans here.. they don't get on my nerves or anything.. pfft they are brutally obnoxious.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
why the fuck would we want Freeman or Schaub, especially Schaub. I won't watch a single game that he is starting for us if it comes to that.

Freeman to Oakland makes sense, his great season was his one with Olson as his OC. He's still there, isn't he?With a roster built for the deep ball why the fuck would you sign Schaub lol

Obviously they've gotta have a backup plan, that Cousins idea isn't bad.

And watching you guys debate was pretty damned entertaining. Why are you not on ESPN instead of Skip Bayless?

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler
Status
Not open for further replies.