2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Stacy is a stud, love watching him run. Vision and patience to find the hole then he EXPLODES and FINISHES runs when it comes time. I love Zac Stacy
He's a perfect mold for a powerback, I can see him being successfull for 4 more years, STL is going to run him ragged and work his legs right off his body haha.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He's a perfect mold for a powerback, I can see him being successfull for 4 more years, STL is going to run him ragged and work his legs right off his body haha.
As they should. That's exactly how I would handle RBs if I were in the NFL. Sad, but true, they are disposable and replaceable so when you find a good one just run him into the ground while he is still on a cheap contract before he wants to get paid. Then once he gets paid to go somewhere else, find a new one. Good RBs are always available to be had late in drafts or even as UDFAs. Stacy, Foster and Morris show that.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm hearing maybe Miami.... Idk. Any team that needs 5 games of mediocre RB production should offer him the farm!

NO! I don't want Darren McFadden anywhere near Miami!... I want us to get LaGarrette Blount... he;s a much better runner.. more agile and can pound as well... McFadden is more of a shoulders down bull forward runner, we don't need that shit.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
NO! I don't want Darren McFadden anywhere near Miami!... I want us to get LaGarrette Blount... he;s a much better runner.. more agile and can pound as well... McFadden is more of a shoulders down bull forward runner, we don't need that shit.
Don't kill the messenger there hombre

You know they will be looking for someone with how poorly Miller played.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Lamar Miller seems like he completely sucks from what I've seen. Miami wanted him to become a starter but he just isn't. DMC is the better player when healthy, just isn't often.

Miller has speed.. but don't let him get hit he might crack... he's good as an option RB.. toss it to him in the flat for a few yards with the potential to break a big run.

Reaction score
I simply don't agree with your theory. The only RBs that need a lot of touches to get going are bruisers who wear down a defense, like Earl Campbell types. Miller doesn't wear defenses down, he runs as timid as any back in the league.
If my offensive line was pretty much all backups all of the sudden I'd be pretty hesitant too. Idk I saw him show plenty of flashes of wearing the defense down last year. The first matchup with the Patriots, middle of the season vs the Bengals (they couldn't stop him, he had all but one positive carry that game). I think it's too early to call it quits on Lamar as a starter, I say give him one more year to prove himself

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As they should. That's exactly how I would handle RBs if I were in the NFL. Sad, but true, they are disposable and replaceable so when you find a good one just run him into the ground while he is still on a cheap contract before he wants to get paid. Then once he gets paid to go somewhere else, find a new one. Good RBs are always available to be had late in drafts or even as UDFAs. Stacy, Foster and Morris show that.
Vandy isn't really RB attractive I can see why they waited on Stacy until the 5th in all honesty.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If my offensive line was pretty much all backups all of the sudden I'd be pretty hesitant too. Idk I saw him show plenty of flashes of wearing the defense down last year. The first matchup with the Patriots, middle of the season vs the Bengals (they couldn't stop him, he had all but one positive carry that game). I think it's too early to call it quits on Lamar as a starter, I say give him one more year to prove himself
Yea, you mentioned his two good games, then he had 10 bad ones and a few decent ones. He is pedestrian. He can do some things, but if he is your starter in the NFL you should be looking to upgrade, as I believe Miami will be.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Don't kill the messenger there hombre

You know they will be looking for someone with how poorly Miller played.

I agree... Miller and Thomas are both average to below average... get LaGarrette Blount as our workhorse and use Thomas and Miller as our backup tandem and the dolphins will once again have a running game and watch out NE!

Reaction score
Yea, you mentioned his two good games, then he had 10 bad ones and a few decent ones. He is pedestrian. He can do some things, but if he is your starter in the NFL you should be looking to upgrade, as I believe Miami will be.

11 carries 62 yds 1 td vs the Saints who were rocking one of the best defenses last year? what is that a 5.3 YPC avg..

Idk man I think you're being WAY too hasty after 1 season as a starter especially during his sophmore year lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
11 carries 62 yds 1 td vs the Saints who were rocking one of the best defenses last year? what is that a 5.3 YPC avg..

Idk man I think you're being WAY too hasty after 1 season as a starter especially during his sophmore year lol.
Its not like NFL RBs take long to adjust. Most good RBs are good right away in the league. The transition from college to the pros is one of the easier ones for a RB. I don't think waiting around for the frog Lamar Miller to turn into a prince is a profitable venture.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wow there's a lot of hatred here for Lamar after one season as the starter.. really guys? I seem to recall COUNTLESS Players who played mediocre during their first season as a starter (regardless of position) to come out and BEAST UP after that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wow there's a lot of hatred hear for Lamar after one season as the starter.. really guys? I seem to recall COUNTLESS Players who played mediocre during their first season as a starter (regardless of position) to come out and BEAST UP after that.
He's shown me nothing to think he is a starting caliber RB. Miami clearly agrees as they've pinpointed RB as their biggest need in free agency. They were 27th in the league running the ball and for most games he simply was ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.