2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
one man team

If they're able to get a decent rookie QB in the draft (or even trade for one of the better backups in the League...or both), it would take some of the pressure of AD and allow them to perform at a higher level. If they do nothing about their QB situation, teams are just going to be able to stack 8 or 9 in the box and hold him to 3 or 4 yards per play.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Bunch of rumors on our teams:

Baltimore Sun: "Daryl Smith wants to resign and the team has show interest"
"The Ravens are unwilling to meet Jacoby Jones' financial demands, but are willing to bring him back at a discount"

Chicago Tribune: "Bears are interested in resigning center Roberto Garza".
CSN Chicago: "Defensive end Michael Bennett will want to play with his brother Martellus in Chicago"

ESPN Dallas: "Cowboys are interested in signing Robert Meachem"

Detroit Free Press: "Lions are likely to resign Brandon Pettigrew"
Adam Caplan: "Veteran DT Vaughn Martin has visited the Jets and the Lions over the past few weeks and has fully recovered from sports hernia surgery"

Ian Rapoport: "Packers will probably let Jermichael Finley walk as well as BJ Raji"

Newsday, ESPN, Newark Star Ledger: "Giants are interested in signing Packers' free agents Jermichael Finley, James Jones, and Andrew Quarless"
Giants have begun negotiating with Stevie Brown
Justin Tuck has guaranteed he'll hit the free agent market, although he has scheduled a meeting with the front office in February.

Miami Herald: "Don't be surprised if the Dolphins try to sign LeGarrette Blount." "Paul Soliai really, really, really doesn't want to leave the Dolphins"
Kansas City 610: "Expect interest from the Cards and Dolphins once Brandon Albert hits the free agency wire"

ESPN: "The Saints are not expected to resign center Brian De La Puente"
"Charles Brown is not expected to return to New Orleans"
"There's a strong chance Zach Strief is given a better contract elsewhere"

ESPN: "The Raiders are expected to show interest in Josh Freeman and were really interested in signing him during the season."
"Oakland is expected to reach a multi-year deal with Jared Veldheer"
National Football Post: "The Raiders could pursue Matt Schaub if the Texans cut him."
Vic Tafur: "I can really see Will Smith reuniting with Dennis Allen"

CSN Philly: "Eagles GM Howie Roseman doesn't want to go into the draft needing a safety. He didn't rule out a big money guy like TJ Ward or Jarius Byrd, although it could limit their other moves. More than likely, they'll be looking for a mid-level free agent like Chris Clemons, Mike Mitchell, or Antoine Bethea.
NFL.com: "An NFL Exec guaranteed Vick will get a starting gig this offseason"
Adam Schefter: "Jets and Bucs are interested in Michael Vick"
CSN Philly: "The Eagles are likely to resign Maclin to a 1 year deal and let Riley Cooper walk. They will negotiate with Cooper during the Combine."

Got this from a blog but everything was sourced well so thought it was kinda worth posting. Did I forget anyone? (Besides DK, no news from Buffalo). Still this is obviously dirtsheet crap until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Robert Meachem?

Well....he can't be any worse than Miles Austin has been the last few years.

Actually, Dez and Meachem on the outside with Terrence "The Weapon" Williams in the slot and Cole Beasley getting spot duty wouldn't be a bad setup.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
why the fuck would we want Freeman or Schaub, especially Schaub. I won't watch a single game that he is starting for us if it comes to that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Robert Meachem?

Well....he can't be any worse than Miles Austin has been the last few years.

Actually, Dez and Meachem on the outside with Terrence "The Weapon" Williams in the slot and Cole Beasley getting spot duty wouldn't be a bad setup.

wk
HC and to a lesser degree QB remain the issue.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Reaction score
Wasn't he pretty bad late last year? Tons of turnovers? If you want to hang on to him as RG3's backup I get it, but you aren't going to get much more than a 3rd rounder in a trade.
Would rather hang onto him until after he gets his eyes fixed, and then if he still isn't more prepared then maybe I can live with trading him.. certainly don't want TP as my backup lmao that's for sure.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Would rather hang onto him until after he gets his eyes fixed, and then if he still isn't more prepared then maybe I can live with trading him.. certainly don't want TP as my backup lmao that's for sure.
He's probably not as bad as you think. If Washington showed faith in him as RGKnee's backup he could produce in a similar system. He never had the support of the front office or coaches here. He is still a project, but the talent is there. #1 problem is foot work.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
He's probably not as bad as you think. If Washington showed faith in him as RGKnee's backup he could produce in a similar system. He never had the support of the front office or coaches here. He is still a project, but the talent is there. #1 problem is foot work.
His mechanics are improving and he needs to be more confident in his decision making. I wish we would keep him but I understand trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.