2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You gotta remember, I'm a Texan. Longhorn Football is listed on all my paperwork as my official religion.

wk

Touche, sir. *holds up my Knoxvillian paperwork* Maybe we have things in common after all. :eek:tunga:
But wait... Waco... kid... wouldn't that make you more of a Baylor mark?

sm

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Touche, sir. *holds up my Knoxvillian paperwork* Maybe we have things in common after all. :eek:tunga:
But wait... Waco... kid... wouldn't that make you more of a Baylor mark?

sm

Oh, hell, no!

I bleed burnt orange. Just because I live in enemy territory doesn't mean I drink the green-and-gold Kool Aid.

wk

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just because you guys are a respectable international crowd who won't try to burn down my house via mattress and force me to find an airlift to get away from rowdy fans... gotta get it off my chest: College football fucksucks.
Just because you guys are a respectable international crowd who won't try to burn down my house via mattress and force me to find an airlift to get away from rowdy fans... gotta get it off my chest: College football fucksucks.
"College players play with more heart then NFL!"

OH YEAH WELL THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY 90% OF EVERY COLLEGE GAME IS A BLOWOUT. seriously fuck college fans.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I fucks with College football but I seriously hate the fanbase of it lol

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I celebrate all football. I even used to watch the Canadian Football League.

Fav NFL teams: Cowboys, Whatever Team Peyton Manning is On (So Long as It's Not the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins), Chargers.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh, hell, no!

I bleed burnt orange. Just because I live in enemy territory doesn't mean I drink the green-and-gold Kool Aid.

wk

Haha I can respect that. Certainly share your love and the special bond you have with your college football team,

I just don't like the whole thing. The arbitrary voting systems, the "This team should be ranked higher than this team because they play in a conference full of more teams that are highly ranked", the entirely different schedules that aren't really comparable, the miserable fanbases and fired coaches because their teams went 10-2 and wound up in a meaningless bowl game... College football as a whole just isn't for me. Can't really hate on someone who likes it, but UT (well, the REAL UT :tough:) football recruiting is all I've heard for weeks now.

Well, there are some good things about it, seeing a bunch of drunk people misspelling words talking shit to all 5 of the Vandy fans on Twitter when drunk and misspelling words and talking trash to Vandy fans about them having our recruiting class and talk about how a coach that iisn't there anymore is going down while the Vandy fans come back with coherent sentences and properly spelled words to explain how they don't have time for this shit. That is pretty cool. :eek:tunga:

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Haha I can respect that. Certainly share your love and the special bond you have with your college football team,

I just don't like the whole thing. The arbitrary voting systems, the "This team should be ranked higher than this team because they play in a conference full of more teams that are highly ranked", the entirely different schedules that aren't really comparable, the miserable fanbases and fired coaches because their teams went 10-2 and wound up in a meaningless bowl game... College football as a whole just isn't for me. Can't really hate on someone who likes it, but UT (well, the REAL UT :tough:) football recruiting is all I've heard for weeks now.

Well, there are some good things about it, seeing a bunch of drunk people misspelling words talking shit to all 5 of the Vandy fans on Twitter when drunk and misspelling words and talking trash to Vandy fans about them having our recruiting class and talk about how a coach that iisn't there anymore is going down while the Vandy fans come back with coherent sentences and properly spelled words to explain how they don't have time for this shit. That is pretty cool. :eek:tunga:

Sounds like a "discussion" between Aggies (now that they're the SEC's problem) and Rice fans. Those get funny quickly.

Yes, I agree with a lot of your reasoning. It's time to standardize how college football operates, put everybody in a conference, set up a real playoff system, and crown an actual national champion every year. This would keep it from being the beauty contest it has been for a few decades now. It would also allow teams like Boise State, TCU, Central Florida, etc., etc., to get a shot at winning the whole thing, if they were good enough, rather than them being discounted because "they didn't play anybody" even though they went undefeated. It also would allow teams who had one or two hiccups on their schedule to still have a shot at playing for something more than the "Insert Your Name Here for $5,000" Bowl Championship.

As for the drunks, coaches getting fired (remember, I'm a Cowboys fan...we fired Chan Gailey for not winning in the playoffs and hired Dave Campo...who couldn't get to the playoffs) for no real reason, etc., I see the same thing in every professional sport at some point or another. But, I still celebrate sport.

In conclusion, to each his own. And, as for living in Baylor territory (which I do), I married a Baylor chick who came from a family of Baylor people (father, mother, two uncles, three aunts...all Baylor grads) and converted her to being a fan of the Longhorns. That's right, (in something I will never say in front of her parents) being a Longhorn is apparently a sexually transmitted disease.

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
HEY @Aids Johnson BRO! JOIN OUR LEAGUE BRO! YOU UP BRO?
damn i cant turn you down when you're speaking my language. Count me in, better to join in Fucking February (seriously, 1 week removed from the Superbowl) than not be in at all. I'll join up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It was always just something to do on Saturday to kill time until sunday for me. I really don't enjoy it much frankly.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
"College players play with more heart then NFL!"

OH YEAH WELL THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY 90% OF EVERY COLLEGE GAME IS A BLOWOUT. seriously fuck college fans.
I'll never understand people who are obsessed with college football. I mean, I can see being a fan, but liking it more than the NFL?

THE PASSION! THE PAGEANTRY!

man, gtfo, why would I want to watch 18 & 20 year old kids when I can watch the best athletes in the world play the game at its highest level? College football just annoys me honestly

Reactions: Varus
Status
Not open for further replies.