2014 NBA Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kevin Durant out 6-8 weeks with a fractured foot.

I'm so hyped for this season. Dubs look great in their first two preseason games, play LAL again tonight. If Klay Thompson continues to improve like he has over the summer watch the fuck out. Dubs are a legit dark horse title contender

I got the Warriors penned in as the 4th or 5th seed in the West.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Lol dafuq?
8edf54ac5683c552ad27b107718d2f96.jpg

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kevin Durant out 6-8 weeks with a fractured foot.

I got the Warriors penned in as the 4th or 5th seed in the West.
Durant is baby soft. He has no clue what a weight room smells like.
Congrats on being the next Penny Hardaway, KD. All the skill, but the T-levels of Ronda Rosey.
It's cool I guess. No post game, though. 'Greatest scorer ever' my a**. LOL

This isn't Grant Hill or Steph Curry. He's better demand a trade to Phoenix and hook up with the training team there. Those cats are amazing.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They say Jeremy Lin is looking pretty good this offseason, starting to seem more like a solid starting PG.
Anthony Davis looked awesome last night, I'm pumped for another season from him, mainly because I took him with the 11th pick in my fantasy draft.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Jeremy Lin will always look like Jeremy Lin especially when the regular season starts.
Once people start looking for Jeremy Lin to be Jeremy Lin, he will start looking like Jeremy Lin again.

In other words, Jeremy Lin is only good when you forget he's there.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
They say Jeremy Lin is looking pretty good this offseason, starting to seem more like a solid starting PG.
Anthony Davis looked awesome last night, I'm pumped for another season from him, mainly because I took him with the 11th pick in my fantasy draft.
The Pelicans will win more games than the Lakers this season.

Guaransheed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lakers suck. Pelicans will be in the running for the 8 seed in the West, but the conference is loaded.

as of now I'd say:

1.) SA
2.) OKC (depending on how many games Durant misses)
3.) GS- going full homer- fuck LAC, we winning the Pacific
4.) Clippers
5.) Memphis
6.) Dallas
7.) Phoenix
8.) Portland
New Orleans and Houston miss out on the fun.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Lakers suck. Pelicans will be in the running for the 8 seed in the West, but the conference is loaded.

as of now I'd say:

1.) SA
2.) OKC (depending on how many games Durant misses)
3.) GS- going full homer- fuck LAC, we winning the Pacific
4.) Clippers
5.) Memphis
6.) Dallas
7.) Phoenix
8.) Portland
New Orleans and Houston miss out on the fun.
Wow, you must really believe Howard is a bigger piece of trash than I do.
I must admit, the Rockets are a losing streak waiting to happen and Dwight Howard isn't going to be the one to give any big speeches of inspiration.
Phoenix on your list surprises me, but they are due.
Memphis seems a bit high and Portland seems low

Going out on a limb for the W's is fine in my book. It will be a great rivalry between the Dub's and Clip's for the Pacific crown.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Memphis was on pace to be a ~55 win team w/ a healthy Gasol last season. They are legit.

As for Houston, it might be partially wishful thinking, but I really think they are due to fall apart. That environment they've created is toxic. They have a moronic GM who overvalues analytics and treats players like assets (which they are, but he makes them feel worthless). They have a dog shit coach. And most of all they have two overrated "superstars" who think they are god's gift to basketball and role players don't matter. They lost Parsons, Lin and Asik and added essentially nothing of value to replace them. Trevor Ariza? lol.

fuck the Rockets. Outside of the Cavs they are the #1 team I want to see fall on their face.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
KD had successful surgery on his foot today and will be re-evaluated in 6 weeks.

Minnesota Timberwolves are actively shopping 26 yr old Chase Buddinger.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Memphis was on pace to be a ~55 win team w/ a healthy Gasol last season. They are legit.

As for Houston, it might be partially wishful thinking, but I really think they are due to fall apart. That environment they've created is toxic. They have a moronic GM who overvalues analytics and treats players like assets (which they are, but he makes them feel worthless). They have a dog shit coach. And most of all they have two overrated "superstars" who think they are god's gift to basketball and role players don't matter. They lost Parsons, Lin and Asik and added essentially nothing of value to replace them. Trevor Ariza? lol.

fuck the Rockets. Outside of the Cavs they are the #1 team I want to see fall on their face.
I always picture Memphis as a dark house, but they are far far from it.
I keep wanting believe Zach Randolph is way older than he actually is. This influences my perception a tad. Regardless, the Grizz are always beasts in the playoffs.
Every time I see Kevin McHale he's burying his head in his hands like a pu**y. Fuck that guy.

James Harden is okay. He's just softer than melted butter is all. The NBA is full of cats like that. His commercial are sh*tty though. I can't see why Steph Curry wasted his time doing a commercial with that dou***bag. Harden lights it up offensively but ruins life when he opens his mouth. Meh. They'll get dealt with.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Harden pisses me off for a bunch of reasons. His attitude. His offensive game of just sprinting toward the rim like a fuck and begging for foul calls. His lack of defense.

He is an overrated dick bag.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Harden is an offensive beast but his defense is usually bonkers. However, he was solid, sometimes even good at it during the most recent FIBA WC.

I feel like the Suns might be a serious threat to SAS and OKC on the West.