2013 Formula One Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Two number one drivers at Ferrari next year. Wonder how both drivers will handle it, we all know what Alonso did last time he was part of a team featuring two number one drivers.

Potentially two seats at Lotus next year, if Grosjean gets dropped, and they are one of the top cars. Who will get the seats? I think that Hulkenburg would be in the running. Could Massa then take Kimi's seat next year?

Ryan

Reaction score
I just read up on my F1 news. I can't believe Ferrari is signing Kimi. If him and Alonso don't kill each other and the car isn't shit, they could have a 1,2 finish in the WDC next year. Kimi won his first championship at Ferrari so I'm hoping for a repeat next year. I've already read that Alonso isn't happy about the signing though.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kimi & Alonso will make a great team, as long as Alonso doesn't get bitchy like he did when he was at McLaren with Lewis Hamilton. James Allison who was at Lotus, and has been at Ferrari before is back there working on the car in a Technical director role, alongside Pat Fry. Alonso & Kimi both know Allison well. Alonso knows him from his time at Renault, the same as Kimi knows him from his time at Lotus.

James Allison worked wonders at Lotus, so hopefully he'll be able to do the same and get Ferrari back to being #1. Because i'm sick and tired of seeing Vettel getting pole and practically winning every race, it's becoming boring. Yet I watch F1 because I love the sport and have done for years.

The best laugh is McLaren made it public a few days ago they wanted Alonso back, but he's said he's under contract for another 3 years with Ferrari and he's not going anywhere. And I wouldn't want to join McLaren. They've been poor this season, and even though they're switching to Honda engines next season (what with the new rules & regulations) they'll still be poor IMO.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well Singapore was never in any doubt after that first corner, if there was no safety car Vettel would have gone close to lapping most of the field. Was flying around the course and was in a class of his own, pity Webber's car wasn't like that. Thought he was going to get second with about five laps to go but then of course he had mechanical issues. So annoying that his car couldn't even finish and caught fire on the last lap, can't catch a break at all. Alonso had a lightning start, best starter on the grid by far to jump from seventh to third. Phenomenal drive from Kimi as well to go from thirteenth to third with a bad back.

I hope that next year is a lot more competitive as well. The new engines and regulations come in so it should bring everyone back to the back since they are all starting from the same point.

Any reason why another team hasn't tried to poach Adrian Newey? Best designer around and I would have thought that someone like Ferrari would have thrown huge money at him since he would improve any team with his designs.

Ryan

Reaction score
Kimi & Alonso will make a great team, as long as Alonso doesn't get bitchy like he did when he was at McLaren with Lewis Hamilton. James Allison who was at Lotus, and has been at Ferrari before is back there working on the car in a Technical director role, alongside Pat Fry. Alonso & Kimi both know Allison well. Alonso knows him from his time at Renault, the same as Kimi knows him from his time at Lotus.

James Allison worked wonders at Lotus, so hopefully he'll be able to do the same and get Ferrari back to being #1. Because i'm sick and tired of seeing Vettel getting pole and practically winning every race, it's becoming boring. Yet I watch F1 because I love the sport and have done for years.

The best laugh is McLaren made it public a few days ago they wanted Alonso back, but he's said he's under contract for another 3 years with Ferrari and he's not going anywhere. And I wouldn't want to join McLaren. They've been poor this season, and even though they're switching to Honda engines next season (what with the new rules & regulations) they'll still be poor IMO.

Just a note, Honda isn't supplying engines until 2015. That partnership was dominant in the late 80s-early 90s though and for at least two or three years, the engines Honda supplied were turbocharged, so I think that gives them an edge now since a lot of manufacturers, specifically Renault who supplies RBR's engines have never built a turbo engine for F1 if I'm not mistaken. That's not to say they haven't spent millions on R&D to develop the engine for next year, but I really feel that their engine isn't going to be as reliable.

Well Singapore was never in any doubt after that first corner, if there was no safety car Vettel would have gone close to lapping most of the field. Was flying around the course and was in a class of his own, pity Webber's car wasn't like that. Thought he was going to get second with about five laps to go but then of course he had mechanical issues. So annoying that his car couldn't even finish and caught fire on the last lap, can't catch a break at all. Alonso had a lightning start, best starter on the grid by far to jump from seventh to third. Phenomenal drive from Kimi as well to go from thirteenth to third with a bad back.

I hope that next year is a lot more competitive as well. The new engines and regulations come in so it should bring everyone back to the back since they are all starting from the same point.

Any reason why another team hasn't tried to poach Adrian Newey? Best designer around and I would have thought that someone like Ferrari would have thrown huge money at him since he would improve any team with his designs.

I'm so glad things are getting a shake up next year. I want to see some competition. More specifically, I want to see RBR suffer catastrophic reliability problems with their new design since their current design has been bulletproof for the best part of four years.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure Ferrari have tried to do so. But I read at the time a while ago, that Newey wasn't willing to move to Italy.

Ryan

Reaction score
Yea I also read that they've tried to poach him but I'm sure RBR compensates him handsomely given that he's designed three of their WCC winning cars.