2013 Formula One Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'd say that's a good analysis of the situation as neither of them wants to be a number 2 driver, but I'd still love to see Kimi win at RBR. At any rate, I read an article today that said that Pirelli's tenure as the official tire supplier for F1 could be coming to a close next year due in no small part to the appalling performance of their tires this year.

I want to see Kimi in a top car as well, such a likeable driver, but I think that with a few tweaks Lotus can be a top team. They have recently had new investment so from that they may be able to increase their budget and work out the issues that the car currently have.

Doesn't surprise me that Pirelli may not be supplying F1 next year. So much bad publicity for them with all the issues this season so it may be in their best interests to remove themselves from the sport as well.

Ryan

Reaction score
Looks like it's back to Bridgestone. I heard Michelin may be looking to make a return as the tire supplier but considering Bridgestone is the only company that's had bulletproof reliability, even through that massive mishap at the 2005 US GP, I say they should just go back to getting their tires from them. Then again, this will all be put out to bid.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bernie likes money so it will come down to the highest bid rather than the most reliable tyre.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hungarian GP on now. Hamilton was on pole with Vettel alongside him. Ricciardo managed to qualify 8th and Webber's KERS messed up again so he started 10th. Cracking first lap of the race with a ton on quality racing with only one touch. Grosjean had some nice side by side racing with Vettel into the first corner but just screwed up by clipping Button. Ricciardo's team still don't understand pit stops and he is 14th right now.

Sutil the only retirement so far with hydraulic issues.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good win for Hamilton, excellent drive in an enjoyable race. Webber was doing well but got a bit unlucky at the end, passed by Hamilton thanks to being blocked by a back marker and then when he was making a run on Vettel his KERS screwed up again. Wish that his engineers could actually get his car right for once.

Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel is the podium.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Spa qualifying is on tonight. Been a long break between races but a great race to come back to, always so entertaining here. Great track. Kimi has a fantastic record here, four wins I think, so I am hoping that he can get a win here (if Webber can't).

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Alonso finishing 2nd after staring 9th was a good result in the end for Ferrari. The car seemed to have improved over the whole Belgian GP weekend than the past few races, so if that can continue then great. Especially as the Italian GP @ Monza is in 2 weeks, and us Ferrari fans would love nothing more than a win for Alonso. Then something went wrong with Vettel's car during the race and he had to retire, so Alonso could close the gap in the Drivers Championship. We need to get Alonso up the front end at the end of Q3, instead of having him starting from 8th or 9th on the grid.

But to me at the minute, Red Bull are dominating again and Vettel looks good for a 4th straight World Title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Webber yet again having car issues prior to the start, I am sure he will be more than happy to be moving on from Red Bull at the end of the season. Must be so frustrating for him. Was a pretty quiet race overall especially for Spa. Disappointing to see Kimi retire and stop his run of consecutive finishes. Crazy Maldonado decided to show up again and took out a Force India. Nice to see Riciardo get a point after terrible qualifying strategy cost Toro Rosso in Q1

Ryan

Reaction score
Vettel running away with the title for a fourth year in a row. I was really hoping someone would challenge him this year but he's just dominating.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Daniel Ricciardo has been confirmed as Mark Webbers replacement.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vettel running away with the title for a fourth year in a row. I was really hoping someone would challenge him this year but he's just dominating.

It is a bit boring to have him clear in front again. Ferrari can't seem to get the car right, Mercedes are great in qualifying but have no pace in the races, Raikonnen is pretty consistent and McLaren have fallen so so far. That was the biggest surprise to me this season how bad the McLaren cars have been.

Daniel Ricciardo has been confirmed as Mark Webbers replacement.

Excellent news with Ricciardo, good to see an Australian replacing an Australian. At least this means that he has a chance in a strong car, he will be the clear number two at Red Bull but it is a great opportunity.

Ryan

Reaction score
It is a bit boring to have him clear in front again. Ferrari can't seem to get the car right, Mercedes are great in qualifying but have no pace in the races, Raikonnen is pretty consistent and McLaren have fallen so so far. That was the biggest surprise to me this season how bad the McLaren cars have been.

Raikkonen would be killing it in a more competitive car but I don't really expect Lotus to have a fantastic car at this point. Ferrari should be downright ashamed that they can't get the car right though. You're the most winning and seasoned team in F1 history with one of the best drivers there is and you've been crushed four years running by a team that's been around for eight years. I get that the car isn't always going to be perfect, but I expect better from them none the less. Really, the same goes for McLaren. They've done well in previous years, but they can't get the car right. I don't expect them to be as competitive now though since they replaced Hamilton with Perez. Next year could be a game changer though because the current 2.4L V8 that's been used since shortly after RBR came on the scene is being replaced by a 1.6L turbocharged V6. I know I've already heard the specs and seen pictures of Renault's engine, but Mercedes and Ferrari have a lot of experience building turbocharged engines. I have no doubt that a couple of teams will definitely have serious reliability problems as turbocharged engines haven't been used since the early 90s if I'm not mistaken. If McLaren can't get it right next season, apparently Honda is supplying their engines for the 2015 season and we know how that partnership went last time around.

RBR definitely didn't pick Raikkonen as their second driver because they know he's not gonna take a back seat to anyone and that would cause problems.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Raikkonen would be killing it in a more competitive car but I don't really expect Lotus to have a fantastic car at this point. Ferrari should be downright ashamed that they can't get the car right though. You're the most winning and seasoned team in F1 history with one of the best drivers there is and you've been crushed four years running by a team that's been around for eight years. I get that the car isn't always going to be perfect, but I expect better from them none the less. Really, the same goes for McLaren. They've done well in previous years, but they can't get the car right. I don't expect them to be as competitive now though since they replaced Hamilton with Perez. Next year could be a game changer though because the current 2.4L V8 that's been used since shortly after RBR came on the scene is being replaced by a 1.6L turbocharged V6. I know I've already heard the specs and seen pictures of Renault's engine, but Mercedes and Ferrari have a lot of experience building turbocharged engines. I have no doubt that a couple of teams will definitely have serious reliability problems as turbocharged engines haven't been used since the early 90s if I'm not mistaken. If McLaren can't get it right next season, apparently Honda is supplying their engines for the 2015 season and we know how that partnership went last time around.

RBR definitely didn't pick Raikkonen as their second driver because they know he's not gonna take a back seat to anyone and that would cause problems.

Lotus don't seem that far off and with the extra investment that they got a few months back I wonder if that will lead to a stronger car next year. They have one of the best drivers in Raikkonen and a with a few changes to the car they could easily win the drivers championship. Ferrari's situation is strange because I never would have predicted them to be down for this long. I know that they are still in the hunt with the drivers championship but that is mainly due to Alonso's brilliant driving skills rather than the car.

Agree that Kimi wouldn't have been willing to be a number two driver. Ricciardo is young and would be more willing to tow the company line and do what is right from the team even if it might hurt his chances in a race. Hopefully he does become a bit more aggressive to ensure that he protects his interests though, don't want him to roll over and be completely submissive.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bit of a flat race at Monza, would have been more interesting if it actually rained. The most interesting part was Hamilton trying to get through the pack in the final stage. Vettel cruised to victory and Webber managed to get on the podium for third. Alonso had a great start and finished second but never challenged Vettel up front. Happy with Ricciardo picking up 7th, strong result for him after being named Webber's replacement.

Singapore GP is next in a couple of weeks time, always a great one to watch since it is at night. Looks fantastic.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Kimi will be driving for Ferrari after this season!