2012 United States Presidential Election

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't follow politics, cause we'll most likely pick another idiot to run our country. We need someone who actually knows the peoples wants and needs to will attempt to do some smart shit. Like getting rid of McGuinty. Pretty sure Harper will gain a ton of popular points if he got rid of that douche.

As for the American politics. I really only see the reason that Obama got voted in was because he would have been the first black President in history, and this was during a time where everybody was about equality. The only thing people really like about him is that they got rid of Osama during his first tenure as President. I don't think he's truly produced anything to really help their country.

McGuinty was elected provincially not federal, he wasn't put there by Harper. And I doubt a Prime Minister can fire a provincially elected official.

As for Obama being elected wasn't because he was black, shit you could've had Condeleeza Rice run and kill two birds with one stone and that wouldn't have worked for Republicans, they were facing a depression after the Republicans had 8 years of power and wanted a change, a simple slogan taken by the Democrats and got Obama elected.

It had nothing to do with his skin colour and people who think that are just ignorant or just plain Blue.

The smartest people never run for political office, because you have to have so many faces that you are practically schizophrenic from all the voices that are in your ears. Plus the fact that most of the people who vote are not involved with what they are voting for and don't do research or even care about what they are voting for. It's a sad state of affairs.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
You could have fooled me with amount of times it was mentioned that he was the first black President.

Again, I don't think Obama has done much in his term. I always see American's complaining about some bullshit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It was still kind of a big deal. Not sure why as it wasthe 21st century and skin colour shouldn't determine anyones worth.

But thats beside the point, Obama has passed healthcare, not real health care but its a step. He did save the country from a depression, people need to realize that it takes alot longer than a year to fix an economy. Took Canada 20 years to get where we are.

Oh and he got Bin Laden, crippled Al Qaida and helped oust Ghadafi among other things. it doesn't take nothing more than a simple Google search to see what he has done.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He didn't do those things, they simply happened during his term.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Healthcare was his baby, Bin Laden was his obsession and Ghadafi was his decision.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Bin Laden was everybodies obsession I think. The Healthcare thing needed to happen. And Ghadafi was unfortunate.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bin Laden was everybodies obsession I think. The Healthcare thing needed to happen. And Ghadafi was unfortunate.

Bush said Bin Laden wasn't a priority and Healthcare wasn't ever going to happen in the States because of Insurance Company lobbyists and Ghadafi is on'y unfortunate to people who liked The Dictator.

Dictator sucked btw.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I have no intention of watching anything that Sasha does because it will most likely be shit.

Honestly though, I don't follow politics. I'm really going off what I'm hearing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You are not hearing anything remotely true, maybe it's best to not throw out opinions without knowing about the topic.

Wish more people would do that, it makes people like me look like elitist pricks who look down on people or act like they know more than everyone. It's never the intention, but it has to happen.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I generally try to stay away from all topics on politics. I say one foolish thing, someone calls me out on it and I get in a panic to attempt to sound smart and shit. Never really works. I will say though, I think Obama will probably get the vote this term because it really sounds like people are still behind him. And any American friend I have says they don't like either but if they had to vote, they'd go Obama.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Honestly... I don't care for either party. And bluntly I hate politics. You have your guys that vote cause "Hey they are Republican so I'm voting Republican" and vice versa for Democrat. Then you have idiots that are like "Hey he's black so I'm voting for Obama." Its stupid. Then you have the others that try to ram the third party guys down people's throats like they are really going to have a shot at winning.

Remember you saying this before and I just think it is insulting to black people to assume that they will vote based on the colour of a candidates skill. Not saying that Obama didn't have an impact four years on african americans voting (which was a good thing surely), but I am sure there were black people who voted for whoever long before Obama, and surely they are still campable of thinking for themselves now

Also on those smaller inderpendents of course they should still run, even if they never get elected they still have the chance to turn more people onto their policies and win small battles. If you take a example from England in 2010 the Green Party won in Brighton and Hove which was a Torrie seat before hand, so in the city of Brighton something like that matters and it is something which would have rose the parties profile.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Remember you saying this before and I just think it is insulting to black people to assume that they will vote based on the colour of a candidates skill. Not saying that Obama didn't have an impact four years on african americans voting (which was a good thing surely), but I am sure there were black people who voted for whoever long before Obama, and surely they are still campable of thinking for themselves now.

But to be fair, 96% of the black voters did vote Obama.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes but that was then when the impact of a black presdent was gripping the nation and it felt like a great moment for those people, sure a lot of women rejoiced when Thatcher became the first woman PM. Just think it is different now, 08 was a one off and things will go back to normal.

Ryan

Reaction score
It was still kind of a big deal. Not sure why as it wasthe 21st century and skin colour shouldn't determine anyones worth.

But thats beside the point, Obama has passed healthcare, not real health care but its a step. He did save the country from a depression, people need to realize that it takes alot longer than a year to fix an economy. Took Canada 20 years to get where we are.

Oh and he got Bin Laden, crippled Al Qaida and helped oust Ghadafi among other things. it doesn't take nothing more than a simple Google search to see what he has done.

Obama passed health care which we didn't need since we already have some of the best hospitals and health care in the world in America. Not to mention he's taken money away from other government run programs like Social Security and Medicare to fund that health care law. You're assessment of the recession (not depression) is just plain wrong. Although his policies have helped, minimally at best, they've also sent us deeper into debt. The economy would have fixed itself without much intervention and the fact is that by 6 months after Obama had taken office, the worst was over and GDP slowly started increasing again. Unfortunately, it's been a jobless recovery and the economy is still moving at a snail's pace and even saw a decrease in GDP is 2010. So what did Obama really do? Unemployment is still at 8.5%, which is well above full employment and we're spending money we don't have. The debt has increased under him as much as it did under Bush and there's no end to the spending in site. I'll admit he helped oust Ghadafi and took out Bin Laden which was huge although I wouldn't say al-Qaeda was crippled by that. We need a new president who will hopefully stop the bleeding and although the options really are bad and worse this year, Romney is bad and Obama is worse.

It had nothing to do with his skin colour and people who think that are just ignorant or just plain Blue.

The smartest people never run for political office, because you have to have so many faces that you are practically schizophrenic from all the voices that are in your ears. Plus the fact that most of the people who vote are not involved with what they are voting for and don't do research or even care about what they are voting for. It's a sad state of affairs.

I'm not trying to be racist in saying race won Obama the election but there are two things that are true: one, the last election was close. In fact, it was very close. Two, we saw some of the highest, if not the highest turn out from black voters ever and I highly doubt any of them voted for McCain. So why did they turn out to vote? Maybe some turned out and decided to vote Obama because they really did like his views but I highly doubt any less than 90% of black voters, who very well could have been the deciding factor in the last election, voted for Obama for any other reason than that he's black. Race absolutely had something to do with it and if you think all those blacks did their research, then you're blind.

Ron Paul was really my favorite, but he's too liberal for conservatives and too conservative for liberals and don't even get my started on how ridiculous doing away with the fed and bringing back the gold standard is although the fed really needs to be controlled at this point with all the money they're printing. US politics are a complete joke right now. No one is accomplishing anything because no one can agree on anything and everyone just tells us what we want to hear. Honestly, I often wonder who is running the country since everyone is campaigning before they take office and then start campaigning for re-election as soon as they take office. We need someone who is for the people, but I don't know when we'll see another politician like that. As far as I know, Reagan was the last good president and Eisenhower was the last great president. I love my country but I'm sad for it knowing that we'll probably never see the likes of presidents like Roosevelt, Truman or Eisenhower in the White House again.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Remember you saying this before and I just think it is insulting to black people to assume that they will vote based on the colour of a candidates skill. Not saying that Obama didn't have an impact four years on african americans voting (which was a good thing surely), but I am sure there were black people who voted for whoever long before Obama, and surely they are still campable of thinking for themselves now

Also on those smaller inderpendents of course they should still run, even if they never get elected they still have the chance to turn more people onto their policies and win small battles. If you take a example from England in 2010 the Green Party won in Brighton and Hove which was a Torrie seat before hand, so in the city of Brighton something like that matters and it is something which would have rose the parties profile.

I didn't say all but I did say some... and I said it because it is true. It is true because I know of those people that only voted for him because he is black. They knew nothing about politics. They knew nothing about anything about him except he is not white. That's it. I wasn't saying it to just be insulting or anything. I was just saying it because I've seen it, I've heard it, I see the shirts, it is what it is. Its a sad state of affairs but that's what it is sometimes.

I wasn't trying to be insulting in the least but seeing people vote just because of that reason... that is insulting.