2012 United States Presidential Election

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
prez.jpg

Democratic Candidates
President: Barack Obama
Vice-President: Joe Biden

Republican Candidates
President:
Mitt Romney
Vice-President: Paul Ryan
Thought that now would be a good time for a thread on this as there are less than two months until Americans go to the polls. Each party now has it's candidate and the campaigns are in full swing.

What are your thoughts on this election? Who do you think will win?

I know that political discussions on forums can frequently turn ugly so please respect every poster and play the post and not the poster. Don't resort to attacking the poster if you disagree with them.

Last edited:

Dademo

Reaction score
I dislike politics. Most liberals just try to shove their opinion down your throat and most republicans are really dumb. I'm not even gonna vote, but if I was forced to, I would probably vote for Obama just to see if he can finish the job he was elected to do.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I find that both sides of American politics are too extreme, they can't seem to find a good middle ground. From an outsider looking in I can't see Obama losing this. Yes he hasn't had the best time as President but he is the sitting President and it is pretty rare that he would be kicked out. As for who is the best option neither side are because of how extreme both views are, if the two parties could work together more and do what is best for the country rather than what is best for them to be re-elected it would be better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will keenly follow this as the weeks go by while I don't pay that much attention to politics most the year round these sorts of events tend to get my juices stirring. Obama deserves to win there have been flaws in his run so far but they are not really any better options right now and it always takes two terms to get accross your manjor policies.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Honestly... I don't care for either party. And bluntly I hate politics. You have your guys that vote cause "Hey they are Republican so I'm voting Republican" and vice versa for Democrat. Then you have idiots that are like "Hey he's black so I'm voting for Obama." Its stupid. Then you have the others that try to ram the third party guys down people's throats like they are really going to have a shot at winning.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Romney should win because Obama is a sly rat, if you've seen some of the stuff he's tried to sneak into bills you would be absolutely disgusted.....of course, he's easier to relate to so will probably win on account of Romney being awkward and boring.

I live in England so have no real allegiance though, and it's a damning indictment on America that these are the best two guys you could pick out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This election is overblown and offers no answers to real problems.

Elections like this have devolved into nothing more than reality show types of facepalming. This has been treated like a game and like most games, everyone seems to be trying to cheat to win. This is how you kill democracy, you first make people sooo disinterested in it that they don't know what they are voting for, then they don't vote altogether.

Not voting is the single worst thing you can do, because they are people with vested interests who will and then you might not get what you want.

And Obama doesn't have this in the bag, lots of people didn't think this country bumpkin from Texas was going to beat Al Gore in 2000.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm still voting best believe that. But yeah I def have no interest.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm still voting best believe that. But yeah I def have no interest.

I know what you mean, the last Canadian election was bittersweet for me, as the guy I voted for died of cancer and without him that party is pretty much poised to not do anything in the next one. I now have to do research again and find a candidate that shares the same interests I do.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Better pay attention to our neighbors to the south, because our politics are beginning to to follow suit.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't follow politics, cause we'll most likely pick another idiot to run our country. We need someone who actually knows the peoples wants and needs to will attempt to do some smart shit. Like getting rid of McGuinty. Pretty sure Harper will gain a ton of popular points if he got rid of that douche.

As for the American politics. I really only see the reason that Obama got voted in was because he would have been the first black President in history, and this was during a time where everybody was about equality. The only thing people really like about him is that they got rid of Osama during his first tenure as President. I don't think he's truly produced anything to really help their country.