2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yes. Even when I said win the title I said they would have to build confidence up on the way to OKC in the wcf to have a chance. I ain't stupid. You bet me money and I'll damn sure back who I think will win over hope lol.

If our fantasy league was about money, I'd stop playing around too at times

Im not ashamed to say I love cash

Vivido

Reaction score
I love money, but I would never, and I mean evvver bet agaisnt my own team. Better to just bet on another game.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Considering Miami/Dallas were the other game and both can be hot and cold I wasn't taking the chance.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I love money, but I would never, and I mean evvver bet agaisnt my own team. Better to just bet on another game.
If you were a bobcats fan... I would bet against the team all the time.

Al T-Wolve fan here, Love for MVP naaa. Listen Love is putting up numbers but number are just that. Love is valuable to the Timberwolves no doubt, and he is the star I mean look who is around him.

Ridinour- decent
Wes Johsnon- Why does he start?
Martell- Rather have B-Easy if he is not smoking weed
Pek- Injured most of the time but are second best player (With Ricky out)

Point is Love is the best player on the Wolves, but overall his team is not getting better because of it. Look at the Thunder the team plays around Durant they are better. The T-Wolves they don't have team mates that are playing around Love. Thing is though T-Wolves are young always hope for the 8th seed.

SAL

Reaction score
Point is Love is the best player on the Wolves, but overall his team is not getting better because of it. Look at the Thunder the team plays around Durant they are better. The T-Wolves they don't have team mates that are playing around Love. Thing is though T-Wolves are young always hope for the 8th seed.

Is that why Love shouldn't win the MVP, because his teammates are worse than Durant's teammates? Where is the logic in that?

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'd like to point out that the officials cost Portland another game at Staples vs LAC last night. Nice job protecting one of your bigger market teams AGAIN. Third or Fourth game this season that the officials have decided to screw Portland out of. Congrats NBA.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Is that why Love shouldn't win the MVP, because his teammates are worse than Durant's teammates? Where is the logic in that?
His team mates are not getting better because of his play. Did you not read that part? His team right now should be improving there game and be excited at there opportunity. They don't feel like that, they kind of feel like they are going through the motions and not really caring about it. Love's team mates are not getting better that is what I am saying. I think next year the Wolves will be a good team.

Why you think Nash won his MVPs his stats not so flashy but he made his team overall better because they played tough. Lebron with the Cavs he won because of his teammates play too. D-Rose made Chicago overall better. Tell me if you look at the T-Wolves roster tell me some one other than Rubio, Pek, and Ridinour got better because of Love?

Wes Johnson is not playing better, Martell is not getting any smarter and still inconsistent. Beasley is one of those guys who would be playing better, but injuries and coaching staff not high on him is why he does not get the chance. You get what I am saying? Numbers are important, but overall the MVP award is awarded to the player who has made there overall team better. Love has done a great job this season I am happy to say this being a Wolves fan, if this was based off numbers hell yeah. Love should win it, but since there is other factors than no. Is Love still the best power forward on that court? Yes, depends on how you look at it. Does he have a great future. Yes! Can he win a title for the Wolves, we will see, but right now MVP for Love not this year.

Dademo

Reaction score
Most awards are basically based off of numbers though. Dwight Howard wasn't the best defensive player of the year this year, but he's gonna win it because he gets 3 blocks per game and 15 boards per game. The MVP award has most of the time been based off the best player on the best team. Kevin Love's team isn't one of the best teams though.

What teams are the two guys ahead of him in the MVP race though? OKC Thunder and the Miami Heat. Kevin Love doesn't have Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, nor Russell Westbrook, Harden, etc. Rubio is out for the year, so Love really doesn't have his "Robin" who could make them, (and will within the next 3-4 years) into a top 6 seed in the West.

If your not getting my point, my point is that I really think Kevin Love deserves to be MVP this season. He's a big man who can easily go 25-15 on the nightly basis. He can block shots, and he's one of the few big man that can hit threes. He's the three-point champion for chrissake. But I also think that the MVP award also somewhat includes making their teammates better, and your right chase, D-Rose did that in Chicago last season, and Lebron with the Cavs.

Kevin Love will be an MVP one day though, and I think he'll become a two-time one as well.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Tiago Splitter.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This Orlando thing with Dwight wanting Stan fired is one of the most awkward things I've seen in basketball. Esp that image of Dwight putting his arm around Stan after Stan just confirmed the whole thing. No way Stan stays the coach of that team.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I like how, was it Barkley or Reggie, said that Dwight was basically acting like a little child and so was any other player that intentionally played to less than their full capability because they weren't happy with their team or head coach.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Refs tried to screw Portland out of ANOTHER win but LaMarcus Aldridge gave them a giant middle finger and hit that fuckin shot with no time left on the clock with his mother looking on. Ball didn't lie on those last 3 Dallas plays that's for damn sure.