10 years of WWEForums

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm certainly not making fun of you for being unemployed. You made a monetary offer for a website when you didn't have the funds to actually purchase it. Regardless of the circumstances, I'm not a car dealership. I wasn't going to do a credit check and allow you to finance this type of purchase. At this point, it is what it is. I have no ill will towards you. I'm surprised to see you still lurking around here.

I only responded to Jacob because I considered him a personal friend for quite some time, but apparently that wasn't the case. Such is life.
That would go with the assumption that “friends” are immune to criticism. A lot of people believed you gave up on the site. There was zero communication nor alternative ways for the community to get an update. And yes, I understand what occurred and how much back and forth you had to go through. That doesn’t mean people have to be sympathetic towards you and understanding.

If social media goes down, you know how people melt down. So with all this knowledge, let’s say that you bought the site, it goes down, you get it back up then disappear until the next eventual sale.

What would you want people to assume about your plans with the site? I’m saying this with no ill intent cause I got no time for forum drama, but to get butthurt cause of Jacob’s one negative opinion when he’s praised you in the past so much is kinda childish of you.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Because it makes sense for me to purchase a community for $x,xxx and then allow it to die.
It doesnt make sense. thats why we're confused you did cus

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
That would go with the assumption that “friends” are immune to criticism. A lot of people believed you gave up on the site. There was zero communication nor alternative ways for the community to get an update. And yes, I understand what occurred and how much back and forth you had to go through. That doesn’t mean people have to be sympathetic towards you and understanding.

If social media goes down, you know how people melt down. So with all this knowledge, let’s say that you bought the site, it goes down, you get it back up then disappear until the next eventual sale.

What would you want people to assume about your plans with the site? I’m saying this with no ill intent cause I got no time for forum drama, but to get butthurt cause of Jacob’s one negative opinion when he’s praised you in the past so much is kinda childish of you.

I am butthurt given the fact that my name is being dropped even though I hadn't visited this place since the sale. I check in for the first time in ages, and immediately see my name being dragged. Kind of annoying, tbh.

It doesnt make sense. thats why we're confused you did cus

Shit happens. When you're managing a server with a MySQL database the size of a WWEF, things can easily run amuck. Especially when you're using a super cheap unmanaged VPS with a control panel that you have zero experience using. I've owned/managed forums for 10-15 years now, and I've never had what happened here happen anywhere else. It is what it is.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The message was posted like last week and it's been 4 months since you sold the site. At some point, I imagine, the grace period ends.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Shit happens. When you're managing a server with a MySQL database the size of a WWEF, things can easily run amuck. Especially when you're using a super cheap unmanaged VPS with a control panel that you have zero experience using. I've owned/managed forums for 10-15 years now, and I've never had what happened here happen anywhere else. It is what it is.
Stop the excuses, bro. The solution was easy: Look for a way to migrate your files over to your main server. You have a technician alongside you. Mr. Malcolm.

If I wanted to keep the site the way I wanted. I would spend all my time with my recently purchased website, MIGRATE it.. immediately. I'm dropping EVERYTHING to do this.

This is the kind of urgency people was expecting FROM YOU.

You fucked up. You let thousands down the drain. You don't realize what downtime do to your site's value.

You are LUCKY to even find someone PAYING you FULL ASKING PRICE. Especially with lost pages, and ranking.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Lets not act as if this community was still alive, well and active when Cam bought it. But yes, Cam is a dumbdumb if it went about managing this community and, if I may assume, probably only bought it for relics of the past - Messages, total members, it has been a very large site with reasonable history for a niche forum - to use it as a way to pad his LinkedIn or whatever else. The small community was secondary and he probably hoped to not really get involved as wrestling is something he never cared about.

What I must say though; It is low to drop personal information from people on a public forum like that @CMT you little dork. It shows you are quite a lowlife tbh, especially considering your age.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Also paying four figures for a wrestling forum in 2020 is completely stupid bro you got scammed! (I also think that is why I got a soft spot for you as I felt bad in a way which is also why I tried to be active for like two months somewhere this year)

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Lets not act as if this community was still alive, well and active when Cam bought it. But yes, Cam is a dumbdumb if it went about managing this community and, if I may assume, probably only bought it for relics of the past - Messages, total members, it has been a very large site with reasonable history for a niche forum - to use it as a way to pad his LinkedIn or whatever else. The small community was secondary and he probably hoped to not really get involved as wrestling is something he never cared about.

What I must say though; It is low to drop personal information from people on a public forum like that @CMT you little dork. It shows you are quite a lowlife tbh, especially considering your age.

Like me, Carlos has his personal information everyone on the web. I didn't post that with the intent of letting everyone know his last name. I didn't realize it was a secret. I was being told to go cry to my mommy, lol. So I told him I would have my mommy look him up, basically. Just banter. Seems odd that it's acceptable for someone to tell me to go cry to my mommy, but it's unacceptable for me to say his last name, which is on every website that he owns.

lso paying four figures for a wrestling forum in 2020 is completely stupid bro you got scammed! (I also think that is why I got a soft spot for you as I felt bad in a way which is also why I tried to be active for like two months somewhere this year)

I t may sound nuts, but it really isn't. Carlos can also attest to that. For the record, the forum was not sold at a loss.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Like me, Carlos has his personal information everyone on the web. I didn't post that with the intent of letting everyone know his last name. I didn't realize it was a secret. I was being told to go cry to my mommy, lol. So I told him I would have my mommy look him up, basically. Just banter. Seems odd that it's acceptable for someone to tell me to go cry to my mommy, but it's unacceptable for me to say his last name, which is on every website that he owns.
No. No. And hell... fucking NO. I came to THIS website with a different username.

I put my full name everywhere else for professional reasons. When I introduce myself on websites I acquire, I put my first and last name to assure people that I will be transparent with them. Now, you KNOW this.

I did not use my first and last name here for a reason. Some people know my first name because we became long time friends, and she doesn't go around tattling my personal information out here just so she can throw me under a proverbial bus like you did here.

I wanted to be anonymous for as long as I can so when I bought the website at the right time. I can reveal my name, and become the face of the site. I did this to prevent controversy later on.
It may sound nuts, but it really isn't. Carlos can also attest to that. For the record, the forum was not sold at a loss.
Actually. I disagree... for the reasons I stated throughout this thread.

I cannot stand behind the full asking $3.5k. I'm not someone with a lot of money behind the name, bro. I'm the kind of guy that risks a LOT if I paid $3.5k and the pagerank is not giving me at least $100 a month the first month or at least it reaches that threshold half-way.

Let me put it this way: I purchased CODForums, KNOWING... knowing that I'll make my money back in a year. $1,101 was available to me, and I was making my money back in 2 years. In 7 years... I recouped my investment. From here... its profits.

But here's the thing, I've seen first hand what pagerank loss feels like. I purchased a 300k posts website with 1k traffic... EVERY single day. I killed the website with a single mistake. With good intentions.

The only thing I needed to do was keep the ID numbers intact. Or lose pages. This is exactly what I said earlier.

Brandon, the owner of this site can swallow the losses, because he owns a gas station if I recall. And he didn't use his last name for his introduction. That's his personal take on introduction, sooo. The thing is though... he can take it. I can't.

That's why I was trying to negotiate a fair price. But you had other ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No. No. And hell... fucking NO. I came to THIS website with a different username.

I put my full name everywhere else for professional reasons. When I introduce myself on websites I acquire, I put my first and last name to assure people that I will be transparent with them. Now, you KNOW this.

I did not use my first and last name here for a reason. Some people know my first name because we became long time friends, and she doesn't go around tattling my personal information out here just so she can throw me under a proverbial bus like you did here.

I wanted to be anonymous for as long as I can so when I bought the website at the right time. I can reveal my name, and become the face of the site. I did this to prevent controversy later on.

Actually. I disagree... for the reasons I stated throughout this thread.

I cannot stand behind the full asking $3.5k. I'm not someone with a lot of money behind the name, bro. I'm the kind of guy that risks a LOT if I paid $3.5k and the pagerank is not giving me at least $100 a month the first month or at least it reaches that threshold half-way.

Let me put it this way: I purchased CODForums, KNOWING... knowing that I'll make my money back in a year. $1,101 was available to me, and I was making my money back in 2 years. In 7 years... I recouped my investment. From here... its profits.

But here's the thing, I've seen first hand what pagerank loss feels like. I purchased a 300k posts website with 1k traffic... EVERY single day. I killed the website with a single mistake. With good intentions.

The only thing I needed to do was keep the ID numbers intact. Or lose pages. This is exactly what I said earlier.

Brandon, the owner of this site can swallow the losses, because he owns a gas station if I recall. And he didn't use his last name for his introduction. That's his personal take on introduction, sooo. The thing is though... he can take it. I can't.

That's why I was trying to negotiate a fair price. But you had other ideas.
The Forum was resold... Again?
If so, I had no idea... but I guess also makes sense as to why I hvnt seen Cam around In awhile.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The Forum was resold... Again?
If so, I had no idea... but I guess also makes sense as to why I hvnt seen Cam around In awhile.
Well, its not much of a surprise. Cam gave up on WWEForums about 3 to 6 months after he bought it. [His excuse here.] Brandon has a plan for it, and has consistent funding.

I suggested to him not to make crazy moves yet. Wait till everyone is comfortable.

It seems like everyone is comfortable, but angry at Cam. And I don't blame 'em.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think the days of forums making money are probably long behind us. I don't mind swallowing the loss if people are active and post.