‘Waiting to Exhale’ Sequel to Premiere Next Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

^^yes i know that dude, but they told him he cant make it so he went to the OVW instead.

Johnny23

Reaction score
They both suck,but probally Cena if i must give an answer,Batista clearly hasnt been the same since coming back and appears disintrested,where as Cena,well he's SUPERMAN!

xtremebadass

John Cena is along the same lines as the status of Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and the Rock, he will always be remembered, he just has that quality about him.

Batista is going into his fourties doon, he is past his prime, his prime was like a few weeks. (That was before he even got the world title, lol)

the_game2

Reaction score
I vote for batista.I like seeing him destroying and he's got good moves.Also he's half greek

Beer Money Army

well i pick neither to me

Batista is an Ultimate Warrior Mid 2000's Version...... shakes ring hardly does any more but clotheslines, punch, kicks. then bam 2 powerful moves to end. just like Warrior

on the other Hand

john Cena is like a Hulk Hogan Mid 2000's verison... says pretty much the same stuff. got a muscle up body... does the same moves with a poor finisher of an F-U......

it looks like that WWE are pushing Lashley into an mid 2000's verison of a bill Goldberg.

i didnt mind lashley when he start but since he moved to ECW... I have lost alot of interest in him....Probably because he took RVD spot a dn the other reason of his matches being increidblely shorten to 5-7 mins matches. I like matches to be 15-30 mins with world title on the line....

but meh

CenaMark54

well i pick neither to me

Batista is an Ultimate Warrior Mid 2000's Version...... shakes ring hardly does any more but clotheslines, punch, kicks. then bam 2 powerful moves to end. just like Warrior

on the other Hand

john Cena is like a Hulk Hogan Mid 2000's verison... says pretty much the same stuff. got a muscle up body... does the same moves with a poor finisher of an F-U......

it looks like that WWE are pushing Lashley into an mid 2000's verison of a bill Goldberg.

i didnt mind lashley when he start but since he moved to ECW... I have lost alot of interest in him....Probably because he took RVD spot a dn the other reason of his matches being increidblely shorten to 5-7 mins matches. I like matches to be 15-30 mins with world title on the line....

but meh

Every wrestler does the same moves every match. Do you hate them. HBK and HHH have had the same movesets for over 10 years. Flair has had the same moveset for over 20 years. This "limited moveset" arguement gets weaker by the second.

I don't like Lashley but I will defend him here. He didn't take RVD's spot. RVD blew his big chance. He would probably still be ECW champion if he didn't fuck up his major push. His title matches are 5 to 10 minutes because most of his title matches are on ECW TV every week against people like Holly and test. There's only so much time in a one hour show. If he had a 20 minute match every week you would be complaining he is taking up too much time. Plus his match with orton last week went a good 15 to 20 minutes.

My reasons for not liking Lashley revolve around the fact that he is just not ready for this push. He still looks completely lost in the ring and it shows. he also can't sell for shit. While he has some natural charisma, he is terrible on the mic.

Wrestling Station

^^ Agreed, Lashely is still a candy bone guy (if i can say), not ready for big pushes. For all the facts CenaMark54 have mentioned about him, Lashley is a pussyman on mic, weak actor, doesnt deliver the match to get exciting (i mean is another Goldberg which just play as a bulldozer and a never lose).

Kairi

Reaction score
*â€￾Waiting to Exhaleâ€￾ fans, get ready for another phenomenal blow-out flick of the follow-up to the first grown-n-sexy story.

Terry McMillan, author of the original 1992 novel and film featuring the ladies’ favorite group of girls, Whitney, Angela, Loretta, and Lela, announced that “Getting to Happyâ€￾ is next on the line of tear jerking, drama spewing, on screen “sista-friendâ€￾ chick flicks.

The plot follows Savannah, Bernadine, Robin, and Gloria as they attempt to bring balance to love and life and finally find their true happiness.

McMillan teased on Twitter that she’s just about finished with the theater version of the film and should be up on the big screen some time next year.

When we spoke with Loretta Devine and Angela Bassett at the press junket for “Jumping the Broom,â€￾ they confirmed their involvement in the new production.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty cool if they are gonna get all the original cast members well at least the 4 women anyways.

Kairi

Reaction score
yeah i don't know about all the guys though cause i heard in the second book, the guy that was playing loretta's husband had died :(

Kairi

Reaction score
more plot

“…Savannah, Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin fifteen years later. Each is at her own midlife crossroads: Savannah has awakened to the fact that she’s made too many concessions in her marriage, and decides to face life single again-at fifty-one. Bernadine has watched her megadivorce settlement dwindle, been swindled by her husband number two, and conned herself into thinking that a few pills will help distract her from her pain. Robin has an all-American case of shopaholism, while the big dream of her life-to wear a wedding dress- has gone unrealized. And for years, Gloria has taken happiness and security for granted. But being at the wrong place at the wrong time can change everything. All four are learning to heal past hurts and to reclaim their joy and their dreams; but they return to us full of spirit, sass, and faith in one another. They’ve exhaled: now they are learning to breathe.”

Kairi

Reaction score
whitney-prince.jpg

Peep a laid back Whitney Houston posing with a friend at Prince’s sold-out concert at Los Angeles’ Forum last night.

The iconic diva is said to be in final negotiations to reprise her role as Savannah Jackson in ‘Getting to Happy’ – the sequel to 1995’s box office smash ‘Waiting to Exhale’.

Kairi

Reaction score
Angela Bassett Confirms Waiting To Exhale Sequel

I’m a little amped about the possibilities of the Waiting to Exhale sequel. A few weeks ago, it was reported that the sequel to the film based on the Terry McMillan book “Getting To Happy”, was making it’s way to the big screen and now actress Angela Bassett has confirmed that the original cast members (including Nippy) will be returning. She tells The Talk:

“You know, it’s preliminary but it’s going to happen. [Terry McMillan] has written Getting to Happy and has written the screenplay and it came out very–

Before she could finish her sentence, she was asked if the original cast was coming back.

Absolutely. Loretta, Lela, Whitney…Forest [Whitaker]!”