Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

I'll send a hat round... There's some half eaten chicken in a basket going spare too if you're a bit peckish.

MizMasta3000

Airfixx, you seem like you would rather see the same people in championship contention forever. Well when I see young guys like Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler I look to the future. I hope they dont end up jobbering and I hope that their gimmicks can get them further enough so they can drop them and make a real name for theirself someday. You mean to tell me that you want to see HHH,Batista,Edge,Orton,CENA,Dreamer and Christian the only contenders for the major titles forever. It is obvious you have a VKM type of mind that means keeps these guys in contention untill they get old and keep everybody else no matter their potential or talent on the back burner. I say these young guys are the next generation of main eventers. You have to start somewhere.Edge came from being Gangrel's lacky to where he is now maybe in the next 10 years Ryder can do that same thing. Just give these guys a chance

Airfixx

@ MizMasta3000: All that cos I'm yet see any particular potential in Ryder???? ...Wow!

To be less flippant though, using your example of Edge, Edge showed way more potential (to me anyway) upon debut (He actually debuted as an associate of Sable in her fued with Marc Mero, but whatever) and didn't have a fucking horrible gimmick which was distorting any perceivable potential that he may indeed have (unlike Ryder). The Brood was a cool concept and it goes to show how much potential could be seen in Edge (and Christian) for that matter as they v.soon eclipsed Gangrel (who was seemingly intended to be the breakout star but ultimately got nowhere.)

On a more general note though, there are stars that I wanna see pushed (Ziggler whom, notably, you mentioned above and a pre-Miz&Morrison JoMo/Nitro would be another example), I just don't see any promise in Ryder YET (which I thought I'd made clear as can be already in my posts above).....

Reaction score
I hated Zack Ryder at first but with time ive come around to liking this guy. Hes over the top annoying, which is the point not to mention the dude plays the egocentric Long Island D-bag perfectly. C'mon his finisher is called the "Zack Attack!" For gods sakes how obnoxious is that!?! The guys pretty funny, hes got his character down, his mic skills are better than most of the young guys coming in, and hes decent in the ring. I see no reason this guy shouldnt be a top guy on ECW. You Know It! WOO woo WOO!!!

The "Zack Attack" is win.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well if I'm Honest, His Gimmick sucks arse. You know it WHOO whoo WHOO. He isn't all that bad in the ring. But then again MVP,Morrison, Ziggler, bourne are all better than him In the ring. And charisma wise he is pretty good on the mic. And i do see potential in him. And always though he was the better of the 2 out of him and Hawkins. But i see the others i mention more of a contender than him.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
he's alright. his gimmick doesn't look like it'll be good for long feuds if he gets pushed, because he isn't all too serious. he could be the underdog type character/fan favorite if he ever goes anywhere, but i'm just hoping to hear his entrance music more.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
^^ He took that from Martin Lawrence, I'll check back in with youtube evidence to prove this.

MizMasta3000

Well he has improved as I saw in his match with Christian who compares in ring abilities with Evan Bourne? lol

Airfixx

^^^^Bearing in mind you were incapable of quantifying his qualities before I fail to see how you are able to suitably measure any improvement.

...Or has his so-called 'potential' been realise in the space of a week or so?

Pfffffffffff.... Maaaaaaaybe ( :roll: ), it's because this is the first time he's worked one-on-one with anyone with anywhere near Christian's talent?

Btw, Nice of you to return to this thread and ignore all that your gross mis-assumptions inspired me to post... (Whatever, I can't be bothered to chase a response, I'll just take that as you having nothing of substance to respond with and an admission that I was in fact right all along.)