Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Ok I absolutley love this kid. He has gallons of potential for the future and he can get some good heat. Zack Ryder has impressed me and I feel as though I am the only one. He has picked up some wins showing his in ring ability that was not showcased in his "Edgeheads" angle. I think He needs a good feud to get a rub and some more heel heat. I don't think that heat can come from anyone in ECW at the moment except Yoshi Tatsu maybe. But if he was anywhere else we wouldn't see the kind of success we see now from him.

Bottom Line: Zack Ryder is the truth...WOO WOO WOO. You know it

Airfixx

What little of his in-ring we've seen work doesn't stand about to me and fuck knows what his gimmick is all about. Still at a loss as to what this potential is that you (and a fair few others here) see in him.

PeepShow

What little of his in-ring we've seen work doesn't stand about to me and fuck knows what his gimmick is all about. Still at a loss as to what this potential is that you (and a fair few others here) see in him.

EXACTLY my thoughts.

The Rated R CMStar

While he doesnt completely stand out from the rest, he is a good worker with a lot of potentials. He's charismatic and he deserves at least a feud.

The Rated R CMStar

Man, it's a bit of a stretch for posters to keep citing "charisma" just 'cos a guy comes out and acts like a bit of a dick.

He's actually kind of funny, that's where I get my opinion from (his participations with Hawkins on The Dirt Sheet were hilarious).

Also, you aren't exactly Bam Neely boring to be able to pull off the character he does.

davidian13

Reaction score
I hated Zack Ryder at first but with time ive come around to liking this guy. Hes over the top annoying, which is the point not to mention the dude plays the egocentric Long Island D-bag perfectly. C'mon his finisher is called the "Zack Attack!" For gods sakes how obnoxious is that!?! The guys pretty funny, hes got his character down, his mic skills are better than most of the young guys coming in, and hes decent in the ring. I see no reason this guy shouldnt be a top guy on ECW. You Know It! WOO woo WOO!!!

seX-Power

It's not exactly a hard character to play, and has hardly got the crowd caring about him. If ECW had a mid-card title I'd say he could win that, but he wouldn't stand a chance on a major brand except as a TBK like jobber.

MizMasta3000

Say what you guys want a few years of built character people will start caring about Ryder. He will have enough heat to compete in more competitive matches. It will take time but you cannot doubt his potential and charisma

Ajax

Reaction score
I hate him, he annoys me, but i suppose his gimmick is supposed to annoy me. I suppose he is a good wrestler with talent and potential but i suggest that he drops that gimmick as soon as he can. It isn't funny and is boring.

seX-Power

Say what you guys want a few years of built character people will start caring about Ryder. He will have enough heat to compete in more competitive matches. It will take time but you cannot doubt his potential and charisma

Yeah, because we should put up with a few years of his jobberness before caring about him.

Not only is the guy's character not good enough to place him in the main event, there's also his size.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So because he goes "woo woo woo" and "you know it" he's oozing potential? Right.

It's a moot point anyway. Because if guys like MVP, John Morrison and The Miz can't break the glass ceiling for the life of them, they will NEVER push Zach Ryder.

Wordlife

I don't mind him that much at all.... he's pretty funny!

woo WOO woo!!!

~The Even Flow~

Reaction score
He is pretty interesting. The tights were a whoa moment, lol but he got an interesting gimmick going here. Plus of course gotta love the woo woo woo phrase.

Airfixx

It will take time but you cannot doubt his potential and charisma

I already did, and you repeating the un-substantiated call of "potential & charisma" is not likely to change my mind.

Btw, if it takes 3 years to break a gimmick in, either the gimmick is crap or the wrestler is.

I continue to be baffled how so many peeps attention is grabbed simply by a guy turning up, acting like a dick and dropping some (at this point) nonsensical catchphrases...

I'd rather see another 5 years of Orton v HHH than have this gimmick pushed and then shoved down my throat in the ME.