Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I presume all of you guys know about Zach Ryder's gimmick change. WE caught a glimpse on ECW where he was talking to Tiffany in her office. He cut his hair real short, spiked it up, wears a purple headband, and basically says "woo, WOO, woo" and "YOU know IT!" all the time, even in his in ring work, seen on Superstars against Finlay. What do you think about the new Zack Ryder?

MikeRaw

Just watched it on youtube. not quite sure what to think yet. The fact that he jobbed right after getting a new gimmick is odd. Why do I think he should be teaming with Dolph Ziggler?

davidian13

Reaction score
Well I guess hes "trying" by distancing himself from the whole edgehead/major bro. thing but i dont know i was annoyed as piss by that whole Woo Woo Woo crap!

Qwake

^ looks like his new gimmick is working for him then if it pisses you off. I don't know to much about his new gimmick change but it should be good for him if it means he gets a little TV time. He's decent in the ring and I prefer him to Curt Hawkins so lets see where he goes from here.

davidian13

Reaction score
Ha yeah I guess it is working. I watched the match and im not cutting him down because I do think hed make a good midcarder and he seems to be on to something but damn very seldom am I annoyed by a wrestler or somebody in the company... I dont even find Vicky Guerrero all that annoying.. just something about "Woo Woo Woo" coming from Zack Ryders mouth just really gets to me. I guess good job to him ha

xtremebadass

I didn't know he used to do it while he was with Hawkins...

[yt]eYXOglEZesg[/yt]

Maybe if they were actually on TV more often more people would have noticed.

Airfixx

Annoying pretty boy gimmick #345b. Don't see much mileage in it to be honest.

Tiffany: "Well, hello Zack Ryder"...

I cannot overstate how awkward that sounded... I never really managed to 'swallow' the rest of the segment after that.

As for when they were Edge Heads.... The bookers fucked it - They should have had them as tag champs whilst La Familia were on top. By the time they'd become champs La Familia was on it's last legs and they had no heat.

Ryder & Hawkins had more value as a tag team IMO.

Klide

I didn't know he used to do it while he was with Hawkins...

[yt]eYXOglEZesg[/yt]

Maybe if they were actually on TV more often more people would have noticed.

ohh man hes cool woo woo woo.. He reminds me of Sylvain Grenier since he cut his hair

xtremebadass

I have heard people compare the new Zack Ryder to both Simon Dean and Sylvan, but here's the difference...Zack Ryder is flawless. He isn't annoying, like Eugene annoying, this guy is fun to laugh at while still protecting his cool factor. I don't put him in the same group as like Jesse, Festus, Eugene, his gimmick isn't that bad. He's got some class to him.

MikeRaw

I don't know XBA, I still son't see it going too far. You're right in that he isn't Eugene style annoying, but I could see him becomign Simon dean type annoying. We'll see where it goes, I guess. But that noise he makes is AWFUL.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I don't get the appeal. When he was in the Major Brothers and the Edge Heads people either hated them, or just liked them out of association with Edge. Now Zack Ryder has a gimmick change and suddenly a majority of people are saying he's going places.

*waits for the stream of smarks to tell me they've always been fans of Zack Ryder as a singles wrestler*