Yuka Sakazaki moving on from TJPW, to be based in USA in 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
03_athena_vs_yuka_sakazaki_2023_03_39_roh_001.webp

Yuka Sakazaki plans to be based out of the United States beginning in 2024.

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling (TJPW) held a press conference on Monday where it was announced that Sakazaki would graduate from the promotion at the end of the year. Her final match with TJPW will be the company's 10th Anniversary show from Korakuen Hall on December 1, 2023. After that, Sakazaki plans to continue her wrestling career while being based in the United States.

Sakazaki debuted with TJPW in late 2013, less than a year after the promotion held its first show. She is a three-time Princess of Princess Champion, won the Tokyo Princess Cup in 2022, and has held the Princess Tag Team Championships four times, once with Shoko Nakajima and three times with Mizuki, including their current run with the titles.

Sakazaki has regularly performed for AEW over the last four years, even wrestling on its inaugural pay-per-view, Double or Nothing 2019. She has a career record of 14-7 in the promotion. Sakazaki has also been active with Ring of Honor in 2023. She unsuccessfully challenged Athena for the ROH Women's title at Supercard of Honor in March.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well, i got great news and now sad news.
if you read the article, she is still wrestling for TJPW until December 2023 so it's not imminent news. Also always a chance she goes to Impact (though they dont seem to ever sign joshis full time there)

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
if you read the article, she is still wrestling for TJPW until December 2023 so it's not imminent news. Also always a chance she goes to Impact (though they dont seem to ever sign joshis full time there)
I did read the article, but still sad since she was one of their two aces in TJPW. And she will more than likely go to AEW, which I wont say a word on

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I did read the article, but still sad since she was one of their two aces in TJPW. And she will more than likely go to AEW, which I wont say a word on
I wont comment on the latter, but while its a bit sad, is there really anything for her to do or grow more in TJPW? She kind of hit her ceiling and has been there for what, a decade?

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I wont comment on the latter, but while its a bit sad, is there really anything for her to do or grow more in TJPW? She kind of hit her ceiling and has been there for what, a decade?
I am just going to say okay.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It was a question so thats an interesting answer. I wouldnt look at maki's twitter if thats the case :worried

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Nah, it is just me not wanting into a argument/debate

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it might be money more than anything for both her and Maki but thats 100% me speculating with no real basis. There's just a demand for those two in America that they can probably make more even on indies than what TJPW can pay them. They're exceptions though, it's not like every joshi could do that and she's probably still taking a pretty big risk without a guaranteed contact but even then, I think she'll make a lot working indies on weekends worst case scenario

I actually think some of the top Stardom girls if they aren't paid well could do the same but a little less sure there bc most don't have the American exposure since they never do shows here unl Ike TJPW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the positive is that it will lead to new women to take the ball and run with it, too. Sucks Maki sounds like she gonna bounce too soon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think it might be money more than anything for both her and Maki but thats 100% me speculating with no real basis. There's just a demand for those two in America that they can probably make more even on indies than what TJPW can pay them. They're exceptions though, it's not like every joshi could do that and she's probably still taking a pretty big risk without a guaranteed contact but even then, I think she'll make a lot working indies on weekends worst case scenario

I actually think some of the top Stardom girls if they aren't paid well could do the same but a little less sure there bc most don't have the American exposure since they never do shows here unl Ike TJPW
Maki especially commands some $. from what I read about Yuka though it's prob more than $, she's p much won all the top belts afaik in TJPW and TJPW is not the top of the mountain even in Japan. That's not meant as a slight, but like after 10 years its pretty reasonable imo to want to maybe try new challenges

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Should have noted this, but in Joshi, especially in TJPW, if a wrestler has "graduated" it just means they left on good terms and they are welcomed back anytime. It is a term barrowed and used from idol culture.

Reactions: Death By Looch