Youtube - on it's death bed.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

Same issue with Myspace, expect a lot of donation ads. But in the end, they'll be fine.

PeepShow

The creators of YT are Billionaires. How the hell would they not have enough money to keep it going?

C4

The creators of YT are Billionaires. How the hell would they not have enough money to keep it going?

Since it's launch in 2005, Youtube has been going down the drain with a loss and their creators sure are billionaires... that's because YouTube is a part of Google International. which won't ever get short of Money and the reasons are pretty much obvious.

But the bandwidth costs overcome the profit of YT and that's why the website is going on with a severe loss since they have to hire about a million people to be able to work on a daily basis and browse through + delete 5 billion video's everyday! Youtube alone consumes as much bandwidth as the whole internet did in 2000 can you believe that?

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I think Youtube is great. They're very popular, and became an instant success, or atleast I thought. I think they either need to 1) stop idiots from posting worthless video's, or charge peoples uploading. Because there are a lot of worthless video's on Youtube, that shouldn't even be there.

the dark knight

ya but more views also also = more advertisements shown= more money made.
but videos that dont get any views are just a waste of space.....and there are a LOT of videos that dont get 10 views in their e-lifetime.

gashface

Reaction score
Well an option would be to charge for advanced accounts, for example bands, tv shows etc. using their space, or pay for advanced options like being able to upload more than ten minutes, higher quality footage etc.

the dark knight

^^you didnt answer my question. its still Blue. im goin all the way with deleting videos that dont get much views...seriously, waste of fucking space.

C4

im goin all the way with deleting videos that dont get much views...seriously, waste of fucking space.

That's what costs money!

As I said earlier, a million people have to work on a daily basis in the Youtube headquarters and they have to browse and skim through 100's of video's and then have to delete them.

But if they don't delete them then it costs Youtube money because of the bandwidth charges, so either way Money is going down the drain. They can employ a million more people to work with Youtube and delete video's or go with the bandwidth... it's so fucking large at the moment that nothing can be done!

gashface

Reaction score
Yeah the only way I see them solving the problem is making more money to be able to cover the massive costs.

the dark knight

^^if you dont wanna answer my question, just say so.

Evil Austin

I hope its still around I mean I use U - Tube alot and I like it, PEOPLE STOP BEING IDIOTS ON IT!