Your views on swearing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Some seem to take a lot of offence when cursing is used, others enjoy using to raise awareness of a point and some drop it in casual conversation as a chance to formulate their next point instead of using words such as "umm".

So how do you feel about it being used?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Your views on swearing

Dolph'sZiggler said:
I'm pro-swearing.

Testify said:
All for it, you fucking Seabs trash.

Any particular reason, im guessing you were both brought up with it being acceptable (I know I was lol) so it's that influence.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
seabs said:
Any particular reason, im guessing you were both brought up with it being acceptable (I know I was lol) so it's that influence.

You're asking me for a reason? Well son, I don't have one.

But I do have joke for my good friend Xanth:

Jerkstore called. They're running out of you.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Fine if with friends. Don't like it if its children in front of their parents, or parents in front of their children.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
It isn't ever necessary. You can make your point without swearing.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I can safely say probably all of us have grown up with it.

It's never necessary but we've grown accustomed to it. Some points do get lost without it, such as jokes.

I just think censorship in general is just really stupid.

It's like we say to kids all the time "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt you", yet parents are just so butt-hurt when one little swear word might've reached a child's ears. Instead of keeping those things away from them as much as you can, why not just explain to them why exactly it is wrong and why they shouldn't say them? They are going to hear them one way or another.

And another thing is in songs, like on the radio, we know exactly what they're saying so why is it still necessary to censor them? I know it's a rule on radio that they can't put swear words, but if we know what they're saying, even with the censor, the message is still delivered. So, it's like... why?

I mean, I'm not one to swear a lot in real life anyway, but a lot of things about it just makes me really confused.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Depends how it is used. Its intention is emphasis, when it's unneeded it's incredibly pointless. If you're having a debate with someone and you disagree and start cursing towards him, then it's just immature and not nice to read. However, if you're watching something live and something crap happens, then a page swearing at Vince can be hilarious. I think it's silly to get offended by labelled curse words, but I do think it's rather annoying to read in particular cases.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm above it, but i know a lot of people lower themselves to that trashy language.

It depends where really. I dont swear at work, or at church, or where i have to, but i think its great for emphasis. No word strikes as intentionally as cunt.