Your Top 25 wrestling styles/workers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ScottyShowman

Reaction score
Pick 25 wrestlers who have your favourite move sets or wrestling styles.
Comment on 5 of the them to say why you like their style.

Here's mine in no order

rey mysterio
shawn michaels
roderick strong
dean malenko
chris benoit

eddie guerrero- when they say Eddie Guerrero was wrestling since he was a small child I can believe. The guy looked like he was born in a ring. He so fast and crips and smooth and athletic. I haven`t seen a performer wrestle that smooth before.

mike awesome
bret hart
vader

lex luger- I enjoyed Lex Luger`s style. It was a style sufficient for a guy of his physique, I liked the clotheslines, and torture rack. I was a big fan when he knocked people out with forearms back in the day. He legitamelty looked very powerful.

samoe joe
aj style
rvd
jerry lynn

jaguar vijay singh- was an independent wrestler that was in a Toronto league called Apocaylpse Wrestling Federation or AWF. He was about 6 foot 3, 250 LBS, was heavily influenced by RVD. He did an amazing dive over the top ropes, which was very impressive for a man his size. He also did this powerbomb that started off like a pedigree then braught him up and did a razor`s edge like manuever. Very cool move.

gary Albright- This guy was like 6 foot 4 300 lbs. Just some of the deadlist suplexes I`ve ever seen. He would do a full nelson suplex on guys that would make you cringe. It looked like broke their necks. He would do a belly to belly with such torque and ferocity it was amazing to see. Sometimes he wouldn`t losen his grip and do it again.

brent Albright
desmond Wolfe
nigel Mcguiness
brock Lesnar (WWE)
kurt Angle
shelton Benjamin
christopher Daniels

scott steiner (young)- Steiner was an amazing wrestler he was with the Steiners all the different slams and suplexes. But could also brawl with you. Just a very good athlete all around. And he pulled off the Frankenstiener with such snap. Amazing

Sabu

These are usually the guys I would make in videogames if they weren`t already there. Great to see a 3 or 4 way match with 3 workers whose style you enjoy in the ring at once.

DcDudley

Reaction score
Vader
Mick Foley
Chris Benoit
Arn Anderson
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Eddie Guererro
Dynamite Kid
DaveyBoy Smith
AJ Styles
Big Show
Terry Funk
Ric Flair
Rey Mysterio
Shane Douglas
William Regal
Owen Hart
Skip/Chris Candido
Kurt Angel
Undertaker
Jake Roberts
Sting
Chris Jericho
Jimmy Golden
Curt Hennig

I think thats 25 :1:

Chris Benoit - Absolutely one of the best technical wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots, and he could really brawl too.

Arn Anderson - Just seemed so in control of everything he did. Also on here for all the little details..like the way he would hold someone back with his legs in a tag match etc.

Shawn Michaels - Really has earned the nickname the showstopper.

Dynamite Kid - Think he could literary suplex somone out of their boots.

Big Show - As far as in ring skills, there has never been a better "giant" imo

noumenon

Wouldn't it just be easier to pick 5 and explain why we like them? 25 seems like a hell of a lot.

straight_edge76

Top 5 best Workers imo in no particular order...

Bret Hart (honestly he does live up to his nicknames)
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Eddie Guerrero
Dean Malenko/Shawn Michaels

Reaction score
Top 16 ( No Order)

1. Eddie Guerrero- Truly The most inspirational wrestler that I have ever seen who had my support as a fan 100%

2. The Rock- Truly the most electrifying man in sports entertainment

3. Chris Jericho- Has been one of my favorite characters since 2000. Ive been a mark since his wwe debut

4. Kurt Angle- Best wrestler in the world. He takes it to a new level each time he wrestles. He is having a legendary career

5. Undertaker- Hes been around for 20 years. From a character in a story standpoint Undertaker is the most powerful entity in the WWE and has been the measuring stick for 20 years for guys like HHH, The Rock, John Cena etc

6. Brock Lesnar- Ive followed his career since 2002 and Ive never seen someone dominate as much as Lesnar has. His monster push in WWE was the most successful push I have ever seen and fit his character persona as the next big thing and it was also reminiscent of Ivan drago in terms of how quickly he rose through the ranks taking out Ric Flair, Hogan, The Rock, Undertaker etc

7. Heel Triple H- Greatest Heel in the WWE with the legendary Motorhead as his theme

8. Randy Orton- His legend killer gimmick was done so well and the fact that he was HHH bodyguard/ protege that could go toe to toe with then main eventers and hold his own really showed me that Orton had a future in the ME scene

9. Samoa Joe- His MMA style of wrestling is the reason I watch him wrestle in TNA

10. AJ Styles- The first TNA wrestler I ever saw on TV back in 03 and immediately he became one of my favorites

11. Christopher Daniels- Aj's Rival that can match him in every way possible

12. Bill Goldberg- From his epic theme to him destorying his opponents in squash matches. Bill Goldberg was the greatest character produced by WCW

13. Shelton Benjamin- His athlectic ability speaks for himself. Ive been a fan since his Sunday night heat match against william regal in 2002

14. Edge-One of the greatest superstars of all time. I really got behind him when I saw him in his feud with Angle in 2002 on SD

15. Trish Stratus- Beautiful and deadly. Trish to me is the womens equivalent of the Rock there is none greater

16. Chris Benoit- Greatest technical wrestler I have ever seen with a legendary career. From training in Stu Harts dungeon to wrestling in Mexico, Japan, ECW to WWE. Benoit had literally traveled the world to achieve his dream and when he won the title at Wrestlemania XX and he was in the ring with Eddie Guerrero it was the greatest moment I had ever seen in wrestling there is no Greater story than the story of Eddie Guerrero and there is no greater tragedy than that of Christ Benoit in my opinion.