Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
His promo on Raw wasn't that bad this week.

Neither was his short one on SmackDown. Winking at the camera when he said a line was difficult to say, LOL. He knows what people think.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
I actually liked his promo from Smackdown. When he winked at the camera and said that was difficult to say I was like wow he knows about what people have been saying about his mic skills. I actually liked his promo from Monday too. I think he is improving. People like Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt do their own promos whereas other people have to have what they say written down. What I'm wondering is, has Roman had people write what he's going to say or does he try to come up with what to say on his own?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I actually liked his promo from Smackdown. When he winked at the camera and said that was difficult to say I was like wow he knows about what people have been saying about his mic skills. I actually liked his promo from Monday too. I think he is improving. People like Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt do their own promos whereas other people have to have what they say written down. What I'm wondering is, has Roman had people write what he's going to say or does he try to come up with what to say on his own?

Knowing the WWE is so high on micromanaging everything, they are probably writing stuff for him. Not just for Roman, per se, but for the majority of the roster.

You've mentioned two of the best mic workers in WWE, Ambrose and Wyatt. IIRC, Dean said in some interview he comes up with his own stuff, but the suits in the back tell him something like 'Make sure that you hit on this subject and make sure you say this and use this term', something along those lines... Whereas Wyatt basically has free reign over his promos.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I don't like Husky Harris' promos at all and find the feud between him and Ambrose kinda stupid. The Wyatt family is dead anyway, Luke Harper is the best guy in the group IMO. Feeding them to Cena was so deflating.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't like Husky Harris' promos at all and find the feud between him and Ambrose kinda stupid. The Wyatt family is dead anyway, Luke Harper is the best guy in the group IMO. Feeding them to Cena was so deflating.

Husky Harris is no more. It's Bray Wyatt now. :wink: And I disagree, he's awesome on the mic.

The Wyatt Family isn't dead yet, they'll reunite in the near future. Bray's words, not mine.

As far as the Cena thing goes, I agree. They shouldn't have let the family to catch Cena-itis.

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
I just feel like he's such a try hard sometimes in his promos. I don't know why people like Bray so much. I call him Husky because that's all I think about when I see him. He never had it and doesn't have it. After Rowan (and unfortunately) Harper go out the same door Luke Gallows went out of, you'll have Bray and that's it. Bray is a solid mid carder and at most, a thin roster contender.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
In my opinion, he's awesome in everything he does, just like Ambrose, for instance.

But, to each his own, though.

Harper's awesome, too. Rowan was the weakest link in the family, I don't hate the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first to go out the door.

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
Harper and Rowan are both on thin ice. They aren't much different than Festus lmao. Just big guys who don't go anywhere because they just get stale.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Harper and Rowan are both on thin ice. They aren't much different than Festus lmao. Just big guys who don't go anywhere because they just get stale.

Harper is a damn good wrestler, Rowan - not so much. But, Rowan is actually able to work around his 'shortcomings' pretty well.

Here's to hoping they both stick around, though.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Reigns is getting better but I feel as if he needs to stop the minute long awkward silences in between his lines and tone it up slightly more.

I feel as if Harper is good enough as he is in the midcard, Rowan has the chance to push on as a face now and his after-getting-fired promo on Smackdown didn't seem to be bad (but I skipped past most of it :pity:)

Status
Not open for further replies.