Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
True.

Reigns winning the Rumble is pretty much set in stone... Unless they surprise us by having Ambrose win it. But, I doubt it.
They'll just choose the easier route, in my opinion... Bork defeats Cena at the Rumble, then Reigns wins the Royal Rumble match and goes on to conquer The Beast at WM31...
And then, my fantasy-booking and marking out moment (if it happens) comes out to play, Rollins comes out and cashes in on Reigns that same night and becomes the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion! :yay:

I think that's what happens if Lesnar re-signs. I just don't see them taking any chances of having Lesnar booed in the main event at Mania if the fans know he's leaving again. It's better to have him wrestle....well, somebody else (I don't know who off the top of my head) and get booed earlier in the show.

If he doesn't re-sign by the Rumble, I think it will be Cena going over Lesnar and then Rollins cashes in on a wrecked Cena. Then we get Rollins vs. Reigns at Mania.

After all, as they say on NXT, the future is now.

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think that's what happens if Lesnar re-signs. I just don't see them taking any chances of having Lesnar booed in the main event at Mania if the fans know he's leaving again. It's better to have him wrestle....well, somebody else (I don't know who off the top of my head) and get booed earlier in the show.

If he doesn't re-sign by the Rumble, I think it will be Cena going over Lesnar and then Rollins cashes in on a wrecked Cena. Then we get Rollins vs. Reigns at Mania.

After all, as they say on NXT, the future is now.

wk

Lesnar's last date of work with WWE is on post-WM Raw, right? I don't think the WWE and Brock even care if Lesnar'll be getting booed in the ME at Mania. It's all about the money, baybay.

If Cena goes over the 'Streak Ender' at the Rumble, which I doubt, I don't think they'd just let Cena tie with Flair's championship record, only to drop the titles to Rollins afterwards. I wouldn't mind that, but I just don't see it happening. Also, Cena would prolly invoke his rematch clause and then he'd be added to the ME at Mania. You just can't get rid of that guy.

Speaking from a personal preference here. And I'm already sounding like a broken record, 'cause I've said this a bazillion times... I'm pulling for Brock to defeat Cena at the Rumble, then lose the WWE-WHC at Mania, quite possibly to Reigns and then have Rollins cash in on the new champ that same night.

- The future ain't now, as long as Cena's around.

Ya know Cena's mantra 'Must. Stop. Younger. Talent. Getting. Pushed.'

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Horrid on the mic , decent in ring. He needs guys like ziggler, Bryan, seth feuding because he is Ryback 2.0 but prettier

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Bryan is back, so they can let Reigns beat Rusev for the US title, then. Easy, Bryan's return has fixed pretty much everything now. We get Bryan-Lesnar, while Reigns getsh is own smaller moment beating Rusev!

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see why everyone is predicting the crowd is going to turn on Reigns. I mean sure, it could happen, but he is still getting positive reactions any time he comes out. I think smarks are more wanting the crowd to turn on him than thinking it will actually happen.

Reigns > your favorite. Learn to cope workrate marks

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Bryan is back, so they can let Reigns beat Rusev for the US title, then. Easy, Bryan's return has fixed pretty much everything now. We get Bryan-Lesnar, while Reigns getsh is own smaller moment beating Rusev!

Yeah, I guess it'd be better to have Reigns defeat Rusev than Cena.

Here's to hoping we get Bryan vs Lesnar, though... And since the WWE likes chapping that cat on the ass, they could have Rollins cash in on Bryan at WM31 right after defeating Lesnar. I've said it before, no matter who the champ would be at WM31, I'd love to see Rollins cash in on him that very night.

Crimson

Reaction score
A feud between Bryan and Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship would work perfectly.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
A feud between Bryan and Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship would work perfectly.

Agreed.

I still think Rollins would be cashing in on the new champ at WM31, whether it's Bryan or Reigns. Then, of course, the feud would be even hotter.

Crimson

Reaction score
Agreed.

I still think Rollins would be cashing in on the new champ at WM31, whether it's Bryan or Reigns. Then, of course, the feud would be even hotter.
No. A Wrestlemania barely ends with a heel. I even can't remeber when this happened last time, a heel ending the biggest show of the year.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No. A Wrestlemania barely ends with a heel. I even can't remeber when this happened last time, a heel ending the biggest show of the year.

It happened at WM 16, HHH walked out as the heel champ on the grandest stage of 'em all. And it happened at WM 26 (Y2J defeated Edge, but it wasn't the ME) & WM 27, also.

It may happen this time, too. Next year's WM marks the 10th anniversary of the very first MITB match, so Rollins cashing in at Mania would make that moment even more appropriate! As much as I love Bryan, I'd love to see a cash in by Rollins on the new champ at WM31... Also, WWE likes screwing with Bryan, so why not add more heat on Rollins and make him the biggest heel on the business while cashing in on the company's top face?

We'll see how it goes, though.

Last edited:

Crimson

Reaction score
Even if Miz won at WM 27, the show ended with The Rock, so this could happen again, a Wrestlemania ending with a face, or maybe a face turn. I don't know, we'll see. There are many possibilities. Bottom line is this, Rollins will have a main role at this year's Wrestlemania, that's for sure.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Even if Miz won at WM 27, the show ended with The Rock, so this could happen again, a Wrestlemania ending with a face, or maybe a face turn. I don't know, we'll see. There are many possibilities. Bottom line is this, Rollins will have a main role at this year's Wrestlemania, that's for sure.

He'd better have.

I've said this a million times and I'm sounding like a broken record already, I'd love for Rollins to cash in at WM 31, regardless of who the champ may be.

Last edited:

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it'd be better to have Reigns defeat Rusev than Cena.

Here's to hoping we get Bryan vs Lesnar, though... And since the WWE likes chapping that cat on the ass, they could have Rollins cash in on Bryan at WM31 right after defeating Lesnar. I've said it before, no matter who the champ would be at WM31, I'd love to see Rollins cash in on him that very night.

Now that we're assured of a Bryan return at the Rumble, I think he should win it (have it come down to Bryan, Rusev, and Reigns...Rusev eliminates Reigns and Bryan eliminates Rusev.....it's a thought), which could give us Bryan vs. Lesnar and give Reigns a reason to go after Rusev and beat him at 'Mania for the U.S. Title. This would also give Reigns an opportunity to prove himself carrying a title.

This way, ending Rusev's streak means making a newer guy more over (especially once Rusev beats Ryback at the Rumble) and we get "The Underdog, Part 2...starring Daniel Bryan" which is a proven formula.

And yes, that would save the cash-in for 'Mania, where Rollins (the "New Paul Heyman Guy") cashes in on a victorious but beaten-up Daniel Bryan, leading to a summer feud between Rollins and Bryan. It also give Reigns something to do for the summer, defending the U.S. Title against Stardust, Adam Rose, Adrian Neville (I've heard he's coming up soon), Tyson Kidd, and whoever else they put into feuds for the belt.

So, in short, as somebody posted a couple of posts before this one, Bryan returning really does fix everything for the WWE.

wk

Crimson

Reaction score
Reigns as US champion? It would be a shame for him. He's too damn good to hold a midcard title. *sarcasm everywhere*

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Now that we're assured of a Bryan return at the Rumble, I think he should win it (have it come down to Bryan, Rusev, and Reigns...Rusev eliminates Reigns and Bryan eliminates Rusev.....it's a thought), which could give us Bryan vs. Lesnar and give Reigns a reason to go after Rusev and beat him at 'Mania for the U.S. Title. This would also give Reigns an opportunity to prove himself carrying a title.

This way, ending Rusev's streak means making a newer guy more over (especially once Rusev beats Ryback at the Rumble) and we get "The Underdog, Part 2...starring Daniel Bryan" which is a proven formula.

And yes, that would save the cash-in for 'Mania, where Rollins (the "New Paul Heyman Guy") cashes in on a victorious but beaten-up Daniel Bryan, leading to a summer feud between Rollins and Bryan. It also give Reigns something to do for the summer, defending the U.S. Title against Stardust, Adam Rose, Adrian Neville (I've heard he's coming up soon), Tyson Kidd, and whoever else they put into feuds for the belt.

So, in short, as somebody posted a couple of posts before this one, Bryan returning really does fix everything for the WWE.

wk

I completely agree here.

I couldn't be more happier Bryan's back now and hopefully he'll win the Rumble match.

Yeah, a lot of feuds at the Rumble could be set up to culminate at Mania. One could be Rollins/Ambrose. Rollins may as well be in the Rumble and may end up being one of the final men left, including Ambrose, Reigns, Rusev, Bryan and Ziggler (maybe).

The other one, just like you mentioned is Rusev/Reigns. If they're hesitant about having Ryback defeat Rusev, then let it be another superstar, not named John Cena.
Make a new star at Mania, don't let an established star take someone else's spot. So, it'd be better to have Reigns conquer Rusev and hold a midcard title first, before pushing him to stardom.

So, if our scenario does happen... Bryan beats Lesnar, Lesnar goes ballistic on him after his loss and then the new 'Paul Heyman Guy' comes out to play and cashes in on D-Bry. Then, we'd get an awesome Bryan/Rollins feud. This would be fantastic if it happened. Here's to hoping it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.