Your favourite Soccer players?

• Thread starter Wrestling Station
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Nah, I don't really support them (Bristol Rovers) but I go to see a few of their games if I don't have anything better to do.

The Ripper

Reaction score
1.John Terry
2.Frank Lampard
3.Stuart Downing
4.Freddy Adu
5.Robinho
6.Franck Quedrue
7.Steve Gerrard
8.Shevchenko
9.Fernando Torres
10.Mark Swarzcher

phantomgerald

Its not entirely Lampard's fault. Lampard's playing style doesn't suit England. He needs a defensive midfielder behind him to flourish, and Gerrard isn't going to play that role. I think England should adopt the Italian's style, where Totti is the main guy and Del piero the number 1 sub. Lamps as del piero and gerrard as totti. then when the defense thought they figured gerrard out, send in Lampard

Reaction score
i agree with your analysis but lampard's shooting is also horrible when he plays for england whereas he is pretty lethal finisher when he plays for chelsea!!!

Wrestling Station

Guys, a fact is, england players have no commetment to their national team. If you compare that with the german players, its the opposite. Facts and history tell it all about individual england players when playing in their clubs perform more than their national team.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Yeah but do German players donate their wages when playing for thier national team to charity?

Wrestling Station

^^Yeah but do German players donate their wages when playing for thier national team to charity?

in this case lets compare the wages and salaries in the Bundeslega to Primiership. That would answer your question. :)

phantomgerald

I think England need a hard-ass manager. Managers have been too soft on them for the past ten years or so. If only Fergie, Scolari or Roy Keane was english

Wrestling Station

^Then why Ballack went to The Premiership if that was correct?

No the Bungesliga TV rights are way less than the Italian, Spanish and Primiership TV rights. So the German Clubs cant get enough income like the other leagues do. So thats wh they cant afford to buy big names in the german domestic league.

phantomgerald

its not entirely about hunger either. if its only hunger thats lacking then they could always play youngsters like richards, bent, and carson. What the management need to do is make players gel. like klose and podolski, they don't play for the same club(last time) but clicked instantly when they were together in germany

Switchy

Reaction score
^Then why Ballack went to The Premiership if that was correct?

No the Bungesliga TV rights are way less than the Italian, Spanish and Primiership TV rights. So the German Clubs cant get enough income like the other leagues do. So thats wh they cant afford to buy big names in the german domestic league.

We were chatting about England players I thought.

Wrestling Station

We were chatting about England players I thought.

yes, but that was an answer or if i can say an example i stated to answer your claims :)

Anyway, talking about england players, the only player that really stands out more as a national player rather than just a club player would be David Beckham. Eventhough sometimes his performance is average, but his passion for the team is much higher than his mates in the team.