Your 1st Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
What was the 1st WM you ever watched?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it was WM IV, definitely was not III and probably not V.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The first WrestleMania I ever watched was WrestleMania III. And it was on a video tape several months after it had aired. This was sort of how I watched PPVs back then. I'd watch the TV shows and couldn't watch the PPVs. And back then, it took about 6 months for a video to come out. So by the time I watched any of them, I already knew the result. The first WrestleMania I ever watched live on PPV was WrestleMania 7.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Wrestlemania 2000 was my first one I watched live. I watched 96-99 before that on rented video tapes. And also I even remember watching a bunch of different Wrestlemanias before Wm2000 because they had like a 24 hour weekend PPV special where they ran all the previous Wrestlemanias leading up to the live broadcast of Wrestlemania 2000.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
The first WrestleMania I ever watched was WrestleMania III. And it was on a video tape several months after it had aired. This was sort of how I watched PPVs back then. I'd watch the TV shows and couldn't watch the PPVs. And back then, it took about 6 months for a video to come out. So by the time I watched any of them, I already knew the result. The first WrestleMania I ever watched live on PPV was WrestleMania 7.

1st live ones I have watched was 2016. Back then our TV was 6 months behind so you could hire the PPVs out on VHS before the TV was near the PPV.

Then when we had more or less free up to date wrestling (Nitro) there were no more free PPV or even being able to see WCW PPV.

Things like Royal Rumble, WM etc were free for us if a few months dated. We did not know what a PPV actually was as we did not have cable here, satellite TV in 1990 along with a 3rd channel in 1989. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Back when I was a little kid I had SummerSlam 1990 and 1991 on VHS
and the local video store had wrestling tapes you could rent.

Through this store...the first ever Wrestlemania I ever saw was IX...

Yeah...that one...

My most vivid memories were:
~ It being outdoors...
~ Sherri & Luna (of course...)
~ The nightmare fuel that was Doink the Clown(s)
~ Brutus Beefcake wearing a weird face mask...
~ The ladies that came out with Luger...
~ Giant Gonzalez...still a massive WTF...
~ The weird finish to the main event...

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
WM 19. The Jericho vs Micheals match is still one of my all time favourites. From build all the way to the actual match.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
and the local video store had wrestling tapes you could rent.

Through this store...the first ever Wrestlemania I ever saw was IX...

Yeah...that one...

My most vivid memories were:
~ It being outdoors...
~ Sherri & Luna (of course...)
~ The nightmare fuel that was Doink the Clown(s)
~ Brutus Beefcake wearing a weird face mask...
~ The ladies that came out with Luger...
~ Giant Gonzalez...still a massive WTF...
~ The weird finish to the main event...

I remember IX vaguely from the 90's. All I remember really is it being out doors and Gonzalez.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I wish I could be all Smarky Smark and remember but I can't... :okay:

I am guessing it was between 1994 and 1997. I'd have to know what the big matches were from each of those years to have a clue.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go back to the first one I can remember watching and I guess that would be WRESTLEMANIA 11 with Taker Vs King Kong Bundy

What a crappy one to start watching at lol.... but I loved it, I thought Bundy was going to crush Taker, man was I wrong. Then of course I seen all the old ones on "Coliseum Home Video"

:aries: BUNDY FOR HOF !!!!

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
First ever wrestling event was Judgement Day 2007 I believe. Before that it was mostly wrestling games and such (I think anyway. Could be wrong)

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
and the local video store had wrestling tapes you could rent

lol those were the best...

& I mean 2 things - the old, WWF, Coliseum home videos and giant VHS stores that were built like carnivals

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Wrestlemania 25. Good Mania with a disappointing ending.....Why am I talking about Wrestlemania 32?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Wrestlemania XIV

Became a wrestling fan in late 1997, so in 1998 Wrestlemania XIV would have been the first one I saw live.

Reactions: Grievous 3D