You prfer the old PPV set out?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Where PPVs went RAW - SD - RAW - SD - RAW.

I think it was just after WM21, where they stopped doing that, and just went to dual-show PPVs. Actually I can't remember the first time they did it. But, do you like how it works now, or the old style set out?

Wait, was it after WM23? I know it was then, because I remember distinctly cena/edge/orton/hbk AND taker/tista on that card.

Reaction score
^^^That was 23. I said in another thread I that loved brand only ppvs because it made the big one like mania and Summerslam feel bigger and more special. Having all of the brands every ppv hasn't been the greatest either.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Now that ECW is gone, we might see Brand Exclusive PPV's but then they made some gimmick PPV's instead and there still the Unfied Tag belts.

noumenon

I was thinking about this the other day as well. While it kind of leaves shows out in the cold for a month and leaves the possibility of feuds to almost be "over booked" I think in a way it was better. Since that time we've seen so many transitional title reigns and massive amounts of the mid card left off every PPV. With each show given their own dedicated events it would definitely give the illusion of some longer reigning champions and perhaps allow them to squeeze some more people onto the cards.

phantomgerald

Only if the wrestlers are brand exclusive then will brand PPVs have any value.

maty619

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to have brand exclusive PPVs like it has been said it would make the big PPVs (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Bragging Rights) seem like a bigger event. I would also like to see the return of Saturday Night's Main Event which would be epic. I also think that having brand exclusive PPVs would make the product more interesting because with all these match based PPVs, that seem like letting up, it gets boring as we are seeing the same match about 3-4 times in 1 night but if they were brand exclusive then there wouldn't be as many main event matches, thus there would be less stipulation matches.