Sky's Good Matches Thread (formerly You Decide What Sky Watches)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Been trying to find a gif of that forearm spot for a half hour now and I give up lmao
dfsdfb9udwd.gif

There you go

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Looch gets the love react bc he posted first, Deth only gets a like

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Match #56
Rob Van Dam vs. Mr. Anderson
TNA World Heavyweight Championship #1 Contender's Match

TNA Victory Road - March 13, 2011

Looks like the meat of the show is coming up. Anderson and RVD both have valid claims to the World Title - Anderson is the former champ who got screwed and has his rematch, and RVD never lost it, being vacated after he ran out of dates got injured by Abyss. Let's see if this is any good!

Anderson's the only guy who gets "asshole" chants as a face. Instant big fight feel, just add staredown! RVD does a flipping leg drop, which misses, but actually hits Anderson very slightly on the arm. RVD hits an honestly really sick bodyscissors to stack up Anderson for two. Long staredown again. Both men rummaging for headlocks and hammerlocks. Anderson puts on a snap headlock (please don't break RVD's neck) which RVD counters with a headscissors. There's an AMAZING botch where RVD can't get enough height on a leapfrog leading to Anderson legit headbutting him in the balls. "You fucked up" chants! :lol In the midst of the following generic heat segment, Anderson makes clear his position that he meant to do that.

RVD re-establishes control, gets a kick and a Rolling Thunder. Anderson goes to the outside, so RVD does a kind of weak-looking baseball slide to get him to the barricade, and lands an awkward slingshot plancha. RVD does his guardrail leg drop spot, and I can't tell if it's a botch or if Anderson merely dodged away at the last minute. All I know is, smashing his leg into the rail looks like it really hurt RVD. Anderson resets a potential count-out like a true heel before working the leg by smashing it into the ring post. Back in the ring, he starts working the other leg for some reason. Did he forget which one was supposed to be hurt? This is some decent leg work, though, even if it is the wrong one.

RVD fights back with his good leg (which was supposed to be his bad one). Anderson goes for the Mic Check but RVD grabs the rope so it just becomes Anderson dropping awkwardly on his back. They do a Rolling Thunder catch spot (where RVD isn't even selling the bad leg) but it's just so, so slow and obviously choreographed. Anderson almost gets the Green Bay Plunge off that but RVD counters it into... a headlock. Yeah. A fairly slow neckbreaker by Anderson gets two. Green Bay Plunge finally happens but doesn't end this match, sadly. Commentary brings up Anderson's concussion issues... yeah, that was a bad storyline, wasn't it?

Double down from a clothesline. RVD shoulder charges Anderson in the corner, but does a weird backflip which lets Anderson dodge. RVD's just not bothering with the leg anymore. RVD crossbodies Anderson which puts them both over the top rope. They battle up the ramp... Mic Check on the ramp! Both men are down, and the referee completes a count of 10. Double count-out! So I guess we have no Number 1 contender. Dueling chants of "Restart the match" as the crowd wants a clean finish, and "NO" as they don't want to see any more RVD vs. Anderson.

Middling at best in-ring with two workers who don't gel, psychology that seemed to be forgotten midway through, and it doesn't have the decency to finish conclusively.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
...Looch is second arch-rival now. Also, Chris the match is on YouTube so you could have gifed it yourself in like to minutes, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Death By Looch

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
...Looch is second arch-rival now. Also, Chris the match is on YouTube so you could have gifed it yourself in like to minutes, lol.

Idk how to do that and I'm also at work so idk if it's as easy on mobile either lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ending the #1 contender match with a non-finish is PRIME LOLTNA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
and RVD never lost it, being vacated after he ran out of dates got injured by Abyss.

Wait no fucking way I didn't know this was why RVD got all sliced up by nails to end his title reign:lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Wait no fucking way I didn't know this was why RVD got all sliced up by nails to end his title reign:lol
It's not even the whole story. He was running out of dates on a limited-dates contract, and he said in an ACTUAL PUBLIC INTERVIEW that he wasn't dropping the title to anyone who wasn't around during the Attitude Era

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's not even the whole story. He was running out of dates on a limited-dates contract, and he said in an ACTUAL PUBLIC INTERVIEW that he wasn't dropping the title to anyone who wasn't around during the Attitude Era

That shouldn't have been hard at all with TNA's roster at the time tbf

Reactions: Sky

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That shouldn't have been hard at all with TNA's roster at the time tbf
who would he have been referring to you think? because to me that sounds like a round about way of saying he didnt want to drop it to a very specific person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
who would he have been referring to you think? because to me that sounds like a round about way of saying he didnt want to drop it to a very specific person

I think the person that got the belt right after was Jeff Hardy in his big (and mostly well liked) heel turn so I genuinly don't know. He had a feud with Sting as well...both were around in the attitude era so man idk I think he may have just been high af

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think the person that got the belt right after was Jeff Hardy in his big (and mostly well liked) heel turn so I genuinly don't know. He had a feud with Sting as well...both were around in the attitude era so man idk I think he may have just been high af
very plausible with RVD