Y2J/REY fued thoughts...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
This current Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho fued acctually has some good heat and work being done... however one thing that dissappoints me about WWE and how 'they tell the story of the wrestling world history'... they keep saying how Rey has never been unmasked and how Jericho has done everything thing in his career..beating rock and austin in one night blah blah...but he hasnt unmasked Rey...- ONLY wait Michael Cole, Chris Jericho ALREADY HAS...

In WCW yes rey and eddie had a match mask vs title that Rey won. But Jericho acctually did unmask Rey. Jericho unmasked Juvi as well...and won Prince Iukaea's skirt/dress thingee.

So yes while this is a good fued going on right now with great matches, it seemes ruined and less-important becuase WWE spins their own stories to why the match is taking place- like it has never happened before....

anyone else notice this or have thoughts??

[r]*

Ballin

Reaction score
Well, I never watched WCW so I didn't know this but that's pretty interesting. It's WWE doing their usual flow and doing things that's already been done.

MizMasta3000

Plus in the Rey Mysterio/Eddie Guerrero fued, Eddie unmasked Rey as well i believe.

I just wish that WWE would give Jericho another IC title run but in the world of WWE when your facing Batista or Rey, you are ordered to lose

Ballin

Reaction score
Well anyone who watched WCW should've seen Rey's face right? That shouldn't really matter it's just the fact their doing Jericho unmasking Rey again...Right?

Reaction score
yes. Rey has been seen unmasked many times- i just dont get how WWE being the current wrestling superpower is acctually taking a decent product and having their writing of the storylines acctually take away from the product because its false information and a slap in the face to the fans....

The Rated R CMStar

Seeing how not many people would remember that, and even if they do remember it, unless they are smarks, they would go and say "meh, I am just wrong", I don't see it as a big deal.

MikeRaw

Meh, not that big of a deal. I don't even remember him being unmasked. The people who are young, which most fans that are marks are, won't even know the difference, and I think the fans who are 'smarks' won't care THAT much. It doesn't ruin it for me at all, but I guess you're right in that it seems a little less important now. They could've done the feud, even with Jericho trying to unmask Rey, without saying Rey has never been unmasked before. They could just let the story play out, and not say it's never happened. But overall, it's not really important. I didn't even know until you told me.

noumenon

We're talking WWE here...where history doesn't matter and can be erased in the blink of an eye. I don't see much wrong with this whole situation asides the fact that it's blatantly obvious that they're not going to unmask Rey. It was a miserable failure the first time it happened and it would be no different this time. It's just doing a good job of further getting Jericho heat.

On a side note... anyone else notice Rey has really been picking up the pace lately in his matches and has just been generally a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch lately? He looked fuckin great against Edge on Smackdown.

seX-Power

On a side note... anyone else notice Rey has really been picking up the pace lately in his matches and has just been generally a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch lately? He looked fuckin great against Edge on Smackdown.

Definitely, and it may be a bit of a stretch but so far I'll name him the best in ring performer of 2009, as he's really stepped up.

The Rated R CMStar

Definitely, and it may be a bit of a stretch but so far I'll name him the best in ring performer of 2009, as he's really stepped up.

I think it's a matter of him actually managing to stay healthy enough to catch some continuity. He was out for part of 2008 and when he came back he had to wrestle the typical big guy/small guy for most of the time.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
There goes sales if they unmask him. Notice how many fans are rocking masks of late? And remember Rey did his best Bret Hart impression by giving fans his mask (had one under ofcourse). But I doubt they'll unmask him.

Sidenote: We got people here that never seen WCW? Damn they still suckin on pacifiers or have they moved on to teething rings?

chessarmy

WWE isn't going to acknowledge WCW anymore, thats the main reason why they changed "The Great American Bash" PPV to just, "The Bash".

As for the Rey/Y2J feud, its been very well booked imo. Jericho is going to have a great match with Rey Mysterio at Extreme Rules, I expect the match to be as good, or almost as good as the Jeff Hardy/Edge Ladder match.

NCD

Reaction score
The feud itself? meh. The matches that they can have? they can definitely put on a show and their match tonight at Extreme Rules proved so imo.

MizMasta3000

WWE isn't going to acknowledge WCW anymore, thats the main reason why they changed "The Great American Bash" PPV to just, "The Bash".

Did they really I thought they still called it Great American Bash. huh

Well anyways I got my wish lets see how long Jericho keeps his title

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think the way they ended the match last night was fucking genius. I dont know who thought of that, but they are smart as hell.