XBA is NOT happy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Sheamus is getting quite the push, he wasn't on this week, but he was one for like a month straight, that's a push.

Nah, that's a somewhat typical debut.... He's not been shown doing ANYTHING remarkable yet.

I could be wrong (as I wasn't watching ECW around the time when Ortiz debuted as it was pretty poor), but I doubt he got any less of an impressive debut than Sheamus is being given.

As for Knox, as already stated I'm generally no 'big man fan' , but if, irrespective our individual perception of his abilities, he's not been in any memorable angles then what's so special about the "Push" he's received that he serves as a workable counter-example of guys such as Ortiz not getting one?

xtremebadass

Nah, that's a somewhat typical debut.... He's not been shown doing ANYTHING remarkable yet.

I could be wrong (as I wasn't watching ECW around the time when Ortiz debuted as it was pretty poor), but I doubt he got any less of an impressive debut than Sheamus is being given.

As for Knox, as already stated I'm generally no 'big man fan' , but if, irrespective our individual perception of his abilities, he's not been in any memorable angles then what's so special about the "Push" he's received that he serves as a workable counter-example of guys such as Ortiz not getting one?

Well push or not aside, I am not going to lie, I am just pissed they kept Knox around longer than Ortiz lol. I personally think it's BS that they could keep Knox and guys like Knox around and fire Ortiz, just looking at each guy Ortiz had way more potential, he just needed to improve his ring skills.

Airfixx

Knox is just waiting to be slotted into Kane's monster jobber spot (y'know, one dominant win on TV every few months just to replenish him in the eyes of the uber-marks.).

To be honest, trying to drag myself back on topic, what baffles me is who the fuck are the guys saying "Yes, bring 'x' up from developmental" only for said wrestler to get released, in a lot of cases, a matter of months, weeks or even days later... Kizarnie anyone? ...God forbid, anyone remember Vade Hanson's WWE run????

All seems discouragingly lacking insight IMO!

xtremebadass

*raises hand*

I remember Hade Vanson's WWE run.

How I want to forget

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Everytime I saw this guy on TV I wondered, how Layla got her brother on the show.

But honestly I've seen this guy wrestle like twice.

xtremebadass

I actually think Ortiz and Reks could have worked as a tag team because WWE refuses/refused to do anything with them in singles action.

Reaction score
Dude was an o.k wrestler I guess. Worse have been fired but so have better. What exactly did this guy do so well that has some people calling this guy a "superstar waiting to happen"? I've seen plenty of his matches, a few promos and well, what's the big deal? He's an average dude with subpar mic skills and looks like a buff Carlito with tats. Dude never got over either. If Kendrick was dispensable so is Ortiz.

xtremebadass

Reks and Ortiz would have been a better tag team then Zeek and Kovlov IMO. Zeek and Kovloz are too good of singles stars with alot of potential to just stick them as a tag team. Reks and Ortiz could have been real fruity as a tag team, but that would have made it all the more entertaining.

Who wants to see Zeek and Kozlov just demolish people week in and week out anyway?