X-Division re-emphasized?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
We all wanted more emphasis on the X Division. Would you say we've gotten it? The world-famous World X Cup is coming back soon after Lockdown (Team USA maybe led by the Motor City Machineguns), and at Destination X, we've got two of the biggest names in the X Division, Black Machismo and Maple Leaf Muscle, competing for the X Division title, with a possible Dutt-Lethal match at Lockdown. It seems that the X Division is regaining its importance. Wouldn't you say?

Enigma22

Reaction score
it may be slightly more important then it has been but not really that much imo...

chessarmy

At least the X-Division means something now. In late 2007, when the belt was on Kurt Angle I felt as if the X-Division was fading away..but now after the great X-Division/Team 3D fued, is seems that the X-Division has regained it's importance and with a Lethal/Sonjay Dutt fued on the horizon, and the eventual return of the World X Cup, it looks like the X-Division is going nowhere but up!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I agree that the X-Division is seeming more important, and I think that comes down to two reasons, one that you stated and one thay you didn't:

a) The return of the World X Cup. Man will this be good. High flyers from all around the world. This is smart of TNA, because if they see someone they like they can always invite them back. It makes for great viewing with some awesome matches.

b) The push of Jay Lethal. TNA seem to be getting right behind Lethal, and it can't be a coincidnce that the X-Division regains some importance at the same time that Lethal is being pushed. He is a great X-Division Champion and always puts on a good show.