WWE's "Best for Business" Angle Contradicts "Be a Star Campaign"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
"best for business" is as overused as "history is written by the victor" by WWE apologists

I couldn't care less about how children feel about WWE. It's not tailored around them (even though at times it seems like it)

the muppet episode killed that dream im afriad
the original star wars film had dismemberment yet is considered family entertainment
and pro wrestling certainly isn't for children
If WWE only ran angles that fit in with be a star nobody would watch. Bullying is a natural thing in pro wrestling, that doesn't mean WWE doing anti-bullying things is bad.
chances are its just a disclaimer for the ambulance chasers

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
So Scooby Doo at Wrestlemania is aimed for adults? Are Daphne and Velma gonna have a bra and panties match?
Hence why I said at times it feels like it. I miss the violent days of wrestling.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
So Scooby Doo at Wrestlemania is aimed for adults? Are Daphne and Velma gonna have a bra and panties match?
Match ends with Scooby getting a triple threat Edge like celebration

Reactions: Majour

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
It is the parent's responsibility to let there child know that what they are seeing is acting and why they are acting the way they are... either that or don't let your child watch WWE at all. That's why PG = Parental Guidance. WWE's Be a Star and Make a Wish campaigns have helped numerous children and should never be influenced by the few naysayers who say they are hypocritical... teach your children correctly and they won't believe that kayfabe is real. As with nearly every problem children have, it all comes down to parenting.

Moral Man

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
It is the parent's responsibility to let there child know that what they are seeing is acting and why they are acting the way they are... either that or don't let your child watch WWE at all. That's why PG = Parental Guidance. WWE's Be a Star and Make a Wish campaigns have helped numerous children and should never be influenced by the few naysayers who say they are hypocritical... teach your children correctly and they won't believe that kayfabe is real. As with nearly every problem children have, it all comes down to parenting.

parenting expert!!!

Reaction score
. WWE's Be a Star and Make a Wish campaigns have helped numerous children and should never be influenced by the few naysayers who say they are hypocritical... teach your children correctly and they won't believe that kayfabe is real. As with nearly every problem children have, it all comes down to parenting.
1. what evidence is there that Be A Star has helped anyone period?
2. why did you even bring up Make a Wish?
3. what if the naysayers are correct and have a point? what then?
4. I agree, parents do need to get some perspective

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
1. what evidence is there that Be A Star has helped anyone period?
2. why did you even bring up Make a Wish?
3. what if the naysayers are correct and have a point? what then?
4. I agree, parents do need to get some perspective

1. There doesn't need to be visible evidence... when a WWE superstar enters a school to speak to a group of children there is a 99.9% chance that at least a few of those children are being bullied, listening to that superstar talk about bullying and how wrong it is and how to counteract it will help any child who happens to be in that situation.
2. Because I've actually read comments elsewhere before that WWE shouldn't be involved with the Make a Wish Foundation because their content is not child based... stupidest shit I've ever read and it popped into my head while I was typing.
3. The naysayers are not correct, there is no hypocrisy in the involvement of WWE in the Be A Star campaign.
4. Thank You.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Take this to Facebook, lad.

67c994e2054d6009f554b3e891b933d0.jpg

Reaction score
1. There doesn't need to be visible evidence... when a WWE superstar enters a school to speak to a group of children there is a 99.9% chance that at least a few of those children are being bullied, listening to that superstar talk about bullying and how wrong it is and how to counteract it will help any child who happens to be in that situation.
2. Because I've actually read comments elsewhere before that WWE shouldn't be involved with the Make a Wish Foundation because their content is not child based... stupidest shit I've ever read and it popped into my head while I was typing.
3. The naysayers are not correct, there is no hypocrisy in the involvement of WWE in the Be A Star campaign.
4. Thank You.
1. yes there does, don't give us excuses, give us results
2. oh there are better reasons other than that as to why they shouldn't be involved in that farce of a glorified pr tool
3. did you like those post cartoon PSA's from the 80's/90's?
9176fbec4a54a1da147dd4c78de116c7.jpg

Reactions: Just Kevin

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
1. yes there does, don't give us excuses, give us results
2. oh there are better reasons other than that as to why they shouldn't be involved in that farce of a glorified pr tool
3. did you like those post cartoon PSA's from the 80's/90's?
9176fbec4a54a1da147dd4c78de116c7.jpg
@Crayo you see this dude's sig?

lmfao thanks OP for using common sense. The best for business deal is about to end and the BA* campaign is about to have the biggest star at the front of it. No, not Cena.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score

Hey, I know someone that would *love* to ssee that! Btw, I *know* that WWE is entertainment, not 'real life,' etc. Sooooo, that being said... how about an entertaing 'machette match?' Put 30 "Pro" Wrestlers in a cage, throw a machette in there, and the last one standing is still alive..LOL