WWEF Minecraft Server - Any interest?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
With these sorts of numbers I'm down buuuuut...

...while this would be extremely cool it needs NUMBERS. Like consistently 10-20 on at one time in prime times (varying timezones won't help us either).

If anyone watches any Minecraft Youtubers that were in How To Minecraft S3, that's a model I think could work. Split the people in half at random on a world with two massive islands (or something, but passage across is limited, is the point). No friendly fire, resources (mostly) communal. How it works is everyone cooperates and in that series there was a mod where mobs were crazy so you'd have to be working well together just to survive. There'd then need to be a measured way for the teams to compete, moreso than in that series where pre-organised fights and ambushes with no gain other than wagers/loot were all the real competition.

Just a thought if people like the idea of something as above. Or we could just do one no-PvP survival world where we build cool shit.

I think if we do a gang war, there have to be some rules set in place to be followed by both sides. Just because, my play style is more of a builder (if you haven't guessed by that Ice Kingdom I worked a year+ on) and if I build something, I don't want it to be wrecked.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think if we do a gang war, there have to be some rules set in place to be followed by both sides. Just because, my play style is more of a builder (if you haven't guessed by that Ice Kingdom I worked a year+ on) and if I build something, I don't want it to be wrecked.

I'm the same way. I like to gather and build more than anything. I used to spend HOURS in creative lol

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
one H3M rule was no griefing. You couldn't steal from chests either, so the only way you could steal things was by killing people. Super fair as it meant there was an incentive for kills, as well as not having your builds wrecked and your chests drained in the middle of the night.

Still need some kind of "score" or something to measure victory. Ideas?

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm the same way. I like to gather and build more than anything. I used to spend HOURS in creative lol

I have a feeling together we could build some cool stuff. :bayley:

one H3M rule was no griefing. You couldn't steal from chests either, so the only way you could steal things was by killing people. Super fair as it meant there was an incentive for kills, as well as not having your builds wrecked and your chests drained in the middle of the night.

Still need some kind of "score" or something to measure victory. Ideas?

Well, the survival server I usually go on is a lot based survival server with protection on each lot. So I can choose who to allow and deny to my lot. As well, all chests are locked and protected and people can only get access to each other's chests by allowing them as well. I have a lot of people allowed usually, but they have earned my trust over time. Even then, there have been times where I got griefed or others got griefed (and as a mod, I have to deal with that *sigh*) by people who are allowed and it feels like a massive kick in the tail since they fooled you.

For the rules, here are two key ones.

1: No griefing (but since it is a "gang-style war" the only griefing allowed is digging a hole in a wall or something) Stuff included in griefing is... using TNT, breaking beds so players can't respawn, killing animals, large amounts of destruction, etc.

2. Don't be a jerk to other people. Simple, you can have some "bants" with friends, but if you make people feel uncomfortable and you refuse to stop, then it is a no-no.

Also to decide on a winner: Who has fun! You have fun, you're a winner.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I have a feeling together we could build some cool stuff. :bayley:

I've done some wild stuff. Automatic doors, elevators, trap doors, ect. I mainly just enjoy building in general but redstone can be fun to mess around with.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
If its active enough I would pop on, not played in years tho

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah I just kinda want a survival map as I never play Minecraft so I'm pretty shit and I think it would be more fun to kinda build our own lil' city than go against eachother anyways, plus it's more challenging to build shit then. Also yeah I do agree that there should be protected chests and all that so people can't steal your shit

Reactions: Aurtle The Turtle

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Maybe someone can make a poll measure not just interest, but what kind of server we want it to be? Gang Wars/Clans, SMP, Other, or an option if you're interested and not care as much about what kind of server it is?

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
You really dont wanna limit this too much. Get some plug-ins if they are really needed like Chest Locks and stuff, but from experience activity wont hold up for long if a way of playing is enforced. Let everyone have freedom and they will enjoy it a lot more.

Reactions: Solidus1

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I always used GriefPrevention which allows you to protect your house if you choose to. So, that plus some extras like mob bosses and custom loot? You can play survival how you like after that.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I always used GriefPrevention which allows you to protect your house if you choose to. So, that plus some extras like mob bosses and custom loot? You can play survival how you like after that.

Grief protection, I like.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Can't remember the plug-in but having kits could be a nice way to entice more people to play. Like joining the server gives you some tools and food and such, then like every 6 hours you can get some more food

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
increase overall mob difficulty, yeah

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
increase overall mob difficulty, yeah
he can do that when the server's already made probably, so if that's an issue for you and others then, then I'm sure that can be fixed but I'd rather not get fucked sideways by them creepers and skeletons when we're looking for a good location to start building a town and have nothing to defend ourselves with at the start

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
he can do that when the server's already made probably, so if that's an issue for you and others then, then I'm sure that can be fixed but I'd rather not get fucked sideways by them creepers and skeletons when we're looking for a good location to start building on a town and have nothing to defend ourselves with at the start

Yeah maybe for the first couple of days keep it on medium or something and raise the difficulty as we go on?

Status
Not open for further replies.