WWE wants Mick Foley to join the Smackdown! anounce team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeepShow

BALTIMORE - WWE.com has learned Mick Foley will debut on color commentary for Smackdown tonight at Backlash. At the pay-per-view, the Hardcore Legend will call the World Heavyweight Championship Match between title holder Undertaker and Edge, as well as the other Smackdown matches, alongside Michael Cole.

Foley first took the microphone at One Night Stand 2005 when he joined WWE.com's Joey Styles at the announcers' table. The three-time WWE Champion brings invaluable in-ring and out-of-the-squared circle experience to SmackDown's team.

Don't miss Foley's debut tonight on Backlash at 8/7 CT only on pay-per-view.

I need to find a stream w/ sound now :y:

Travis40

This is gonna be great. I really think that WWE will get more buys for the PPV because of this...they've got me wanting to actually buy it.

CenaMark54

Coach was better in his assistant role anyone, he isn't cut out to be the color guy.

I was surprised they waited until now to make Foley and announcer. I think he will have a good long career in that role, he has always been great on the mic and he is still relatively young.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
He'd be great on the SD team, and this way he still wouldn't have to get thrown off cells and whatnot. Hopefully he goes for it.

Imagine Mr. Socko taking the mic! :p

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Travis40 said:
This is gonna be great. I really think that WWE will get more buys for the PPV because of this...they've got me wanting to actually buy it.
It is amazing that a commentator makes such a big difference, but it has me wanting to see it too.

MikeRaw

Yes! Im glad that Foley is debuting tonight.
He should be good. Nothing agaisnt Coach but I think he isnt rigt for the Color, or at least not as good as foley. Also, I wonder if Foley will stay face as a commentator...Probably will which is good, because im not a fan of the heel/face commentator teams, I just want people to all the match.
Glad hes the new guy though:)

Evil Austin

Can't wait for Backlash.....

Cool.
Id like to see Foley more, and this way, hes out of the ring (although he will prob. have the occasional match) but hes still "around"
I wonder if it will be him and Cole or like a 3 man team...

Anyway, just to the above, Foley from all of the risks he has taken in his wrestling career. The wwe Doctor only lets him get in the ring once or twice a year. I mean last time he was in the ring not doing a promo was with that Edge mania thing two years ago. Yes that won't stop the Hardcore legend he will do what he wants but I just wanted to point that out.

CenaMark54

Sweet..They got one right...He is the new SD announcer..Guess I can close this. All further discussion can go in the thread in the WWE section.

Status
Not open for further replies.