WWE - Vengeance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Mac

Reaction score
I am putting my NIW thread on hold fro the moment, but I will return to it soon. This thread will start at Vengeance 2006, I shall post a recap of the PPV in an hour.

RAW Roster
Armando Alejandro Estrada
Beth Phoenix
Candice Michelle
Carlito
Charlie Haas
Chris Masters
Edge
Eugene
Gene Snitsky
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Johnny
Johnny Nitro
Kane
Kenny
Lance Cade
Lita
Matt Striker
Maria
Melina
Mickie James
Mikey
Mitch
Nicky
Randy Orton
Ric Flair
Robby McAllister
Rob Conway
Rory McAllister
Rob Van Dam
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Torrie Wilson
Trevor Murdoch
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Umaga
Val Venis
Victoria
Viscera

SmackDown! Roster
Ashley
Batista
Big Show
Bobby Lashley
Booker T
Brian Kendrick
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Daivari
Finlay
Funaki
Gregory Helms
Hardcore Holly
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jillian Hall
Ken Kennedy
Kurt Angle
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Michelle McCool
Paul Birchill
Paul London
Psichosis
Rey Mysterio
Scotty Too Hotty
Sharmell
Simon Dean
Super Crazy
Sylvan
Tatanka
The Great Khali
The Undertaker
Vito
William Regal

RAW Announcers
Play by Play: Jim Ross
Color Commentator: Jerry Lawler
Interviewer: Jonathan Coachman

RAW Champions
WWE Champion: Edge
Intercontinental Champion: Johnny Nitro
World Tag Team Champions: Spirit Squad
Women’s Champion: Mickie James

SD! Announcers
Play by Play: Michael Cole
Color Commentator: Tazz
Interviewer: Josh Matthews

SD! Champions
World Champion: Kurt Angle
United States Champion: Bobby Lashley
WWE Tag Team Champions: London & Kendrick
Cruiserweight Champion: Gregory Helms

The Mac

Reaction score
Vengeance 6/25/06 Recap

In the opening contest, Johnny Nitro defeated Carlito and Shelton Benjamin to win the Intercontinental Championship. After the match, Nitro announced that he would become the greatest IC Champion of all time.

In the second match of the night, Kane defeated the Imposter Kane. After the match, Kane unmasked the imposter and it was revealed to be former SmackDown! superstar Heidenreich. Kane then proceeded to grab a chair from ringside but before he could proceed to do any damage, Heidenreich said it wasnt his idea to dress up like this. Heidenreich then gave Kane a low blow and ran up the ramp

In the third match of the night, Ric Flair defeated Mick Foley in a one fall contest. After the match, Foley proceeded to beat Flair into a bloody pulp even going so far as to hit Flair repeatedly over the head with a hammer.

In match #4. Kenny and Mikey of The Spirit Squad defeated Snitsky and Viscera to retain the World Tag Team Championship

In match #5, Umaga defeated John Cena after Randy Orton, fresh off a suspension, interfered and gave Cena the RKO.

In the 6th match of the night, 1 of 2 main events, Triple H and Shawn Michaels of D-Generation X defeated The McMahons (Vince & Shane) in a No Holds Barred match. After the match, a bloody Shane McMahon was heard yelling at his father, "I'M DONE!"

In match #7, Mickie James retained the Women's Championship by defeating Trish Stratus and Beth Phoenix in a triple threat match.

In the 2nd Main Event, Edge defeated Rob Van Dam to win his second WWE Championship. It took three spears but eventually Edge put Mr. Monday Night away at the 30 minute mark.

The Mac

Reaction score
RAW preview

After a hell of a Vengeance PPV, RAW comes to Houston. Monday Night RAW has a new WWE Champion in the Rated R superstar, Edge. Edge will put his newly one championship on the line against Rob Van Dam in a Vengeance rematch. Will RVD regain the title or will Edge once again defeat Mr. Monday Night?

We also know that the Big Red Machine, Kane will take on the man who has been torturing him for weeks, Heidenreich. Kane wants answers and he may plan to beat them out of Heidenreich.

What will be the McMahons reaction to once again being defeated by D-Generation X? And is there some dissention between Vince and Shane following the Vengeance PPV?

Will Randy Orton be at Monday Night Raw after he cost John Cena his match against Umaga on Sunday Night?

And what will Mick Foley and Ric Flair have to say about the brutal aftermath of their match at Vengeance? All this and more on RAW, Monday night at 9:00pm.

The Mac

Reaction score
WWE RAW 6/26/06

“Across the nationâ€￾ hits and the RAW opening video plays. The fireworks and pyro explodes and we are greeted by Jim Ross and Jerry “The Kingâ€￾ Lawler.

Jim Ross: Hi everybody. I’m Good Ol’ J.R. here with Jerry “The Kingâ€￾ Lawler and coming off the heels of another great PPV we have a blockbuster of a RAW for you here tonight.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right tonight we have a rematch from the main event of Vengeance. The newly crowned WWE champion Edge will defend his title against the former champion Rob Van Dam. And that’s not all because tonight we will have “The Big Red Machineâ€￾ Kane goes one on one with Heidenreich. Oh my God, I can’t wait.

“My time is nowâ€￾ hits and John Cena makes his way to the ring amidst a mixed reaction.

Cena: Last night, I was screwed out of my match with (mocks Armando Alejandro Estrada) UUUUUUUUmmaaggaa!!! Now I’m not going to come out here and bitch about it. Randy Orton get your ass out here and lets settle this right now!!â€￾

Fans pop big time.

“Burn in my lightâ€￾ hits as Randy Orton comes to the ramp way receiving a mixed reaction.

Orton: Cena believe it or not, I’ve got no beef with you man, BUT…I had to make an impact upon my return. I’ve ran through enough legends, John. You see its time for me to start demolishing and taking out my peers. And John, You’re the first on the list.â€￾

Orton drops his mic and runs to the ring. Orton and Cena trade punches for a few seconds before Cena knocks Orton down with a clothesline. Cena then lifts Orton up for the FU and hits it. Cena puts Orton in the STFU. Umaga and Armando Alejandro Estrada come to the ring. Cena takes Umaga down with a clothesline and then sets him up for the FU. Estrada hit’s a low blow on Cena and Cena falls down to the canvas. Umaga and Estrada lift Cena up and ORTON HITS CENA WITH THE RKO. ORTON THEN SPITS ON CENA AND DOES HIS TRADEMARK POSE.

J.R.: For the second time in two nights, Randy Orton RKOs John Cena.

Lawler: Randy’s making an impact and that’s all you can hope for from a WWE superstar J.R.

Commercial Break

Backstage, The Coach stands by with Kane.

Coach: Kane last night you defeated “The Imposter Kaneâ€￾ at Vengeance. But the shocker came after the match when you unmasked him and it turned out to be Heidenreich. Now, Kane I gotta ask you do you think there’s any truth to what Heidenreich said last night.

Kane: You mean when he said that this whole charade wasn’t his idea? Its obvious to me that Heidenreich is a liar but just in case, I’ll beat the truth out of him tonight.

We cut back to the arena as “Heidenreichâ€￾ hits and Heidenreich comes to the ring to a somewhat silent reaction.

“Slow Chemicalâ€￾ hits and Kane makes his way to the ring to a good pop.

1) Kane vs. Heidenreich

After about three minutes of even brawling, Kane irish whips Heidenreich into the corner and accidentally takes out the referee. Heidenreich nails Kane with a knee to the crotch and exits the ring. Heidenreich then grabs a chair from ringside and brings it into the ring. Heidenreich raises the chair above his head but Kane nails Heidenreich with a low blow. Kane then picks up the chair and nails Heidenreich in the head. The referee sees this and DQs Kane. (Winner-Heidenreich via disqualification at 5:00) Kane then lifts the chair up again. Heidenreich begs off saying “It wasn’t my idea, please!!â€￾ Kane yells “Bullshit!!!â€￾ The arena gets filled with a red light and a voice plays over the P.A. “This isn’t over Kane.â€￾

We cut to Vince McMahon’s office backstage. Vince and Shane McMahon are in the office arguing.

Shane: Dad, I’m done. I’m sick and tired of losing and I’m sick of getting my ass kicked. Pop, I was a bloody mess last night. I don’t want anymore to do with D-X.

Vince: Shane, listen. We’re so close to getting rid of those degenerates. I’ve got a plan. Tonight its going to be D-Generation X vs. The Spirit Squad in a handicap lumberjack match.

J.R.: DX is screwed tonight. Damn it this is not right!

Commercial Break

"Legs like thatâ€￾ hits and Maria makes her way to the ring receiving a decent pop. Candice Michelle music follows and she makes her way to the ring with no reaction.

2) Maria vs. Candice Michelle

After about two minutes of somewhat sloppy action, Maria pins Candice with a schoolboy. (Winner-Maria via pinfall at 2:06). As Maria celebrates, the WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James makes her way to the ring and clotheslines both Maria and Candice. Mickie then plants each woman with a Mickie DDT. Mickie then begins to laugh as we cut to the back.

We are backstage with the Coach as he is standing by with Trish Stratus.

Coach: Trish, last night at Vengeance, you and Beth Phoenix got your asses handed to you by the WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James. And judging by the destruction that Mickie just caused in the ring , Trish, think its time you faced the truth and that is you are no longer the top diva on RAW.

Trish: Well Coach, I…

(Melina interrupts)

Melina: You are exactly right Coach. Trish is no longer the top diva on RAW, but neither is Mickie James. I’m the #1 diva in the WWE. Get used to being #3 Trish..

Melina smiles and walks away as Trish looks annoyed.

We cut to ringside to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.

Lawler: My God, J.R.! What a night we’ve had on RAW!

J.R. : You’re damn right King and we’re not even half way through it. We know that Heidenreich was telling the truth at Vengeance and is apparently working for someone to torment and menace Kane. Randy Orton and Umaga double teamed John Cena and left him a mess.

Lawler: Not to mention that Orton spit on Cena after that attack.

J.R.: Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting by The Legend Killer! We’ve got our Women’s Champion destroying the top contenders for her title. And we’ve still got D-X and a WWE Title match for right here tonight.

Lawler: Speaking of DX, Triple H and Shawn Michaels take on The Spirit Squad in a 5 on 2 handicap lumberjack match and that match is next!

Commercial Break

Video package of Mick Foley’s vicious attack on Ric Flair at Vengeance is shown.

When we come back from the vignette many RAW midcarders and lower tiered wrestlers surround the ring. “Spiritâ€￾ hits and The Spirit Squad make their way down to the ring receiving great heat.

“Break it Downâ€￾ hits and Triple H and Shawn Michaels make their way down to the ring receiving an immense pop from the fans. HHH grabs a mic from ringside.

HHH: (Pointing to Spirit Squad) You five pillow biters stay right over there as we do our thing. (Talking to fans) Are you ready? (Fans cheer) I said, are you….(Before HHH could finish he and Michaels are attacked by The Spirit Squad.)

3) D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) vs. Spirit Squad (Kenny, Mikey, Johnny, Nicky and Mitch) in a 5 on 2 handicap lumberjack match

After about ten minutes of being dominated, HHH and HBK recover and send all the members of The Spirit Squad flying out of the ring. All of the lumberjacks proceed to beat The Spirit Squad senseless. Lumberjacks roll Mitch into the ring. HHH hits Mitch with the Pedigree. Lumberjacks roll Nicky into the ring. HBK hits Nicky with Sweet Chin Music. Lumberjacks roll Mikey into the ring. HHH hits Mikey with Pedigree. Lumberjacks roll Kenny into the ring. HBK hit Kenny with Sweet Chin Music. Lumberjacks roll Johnny into the ring. HHH hits Johnny with the Pedigree. HHH pins Johnny for the win. (Winners-D-Generation X via pinfall at 12:23.) HHH and HBK celebrate in the ring by doing the DX crotch chops over The Spirit Squad.

We cut to the backstage area as Vince is breaking stuff in his office

Vince: Damn it Shane! Every damn time!!

Shane: Pops, just give it up and move on.

Vince: I don’t give up and I don’t move on. I’ll have something for them next week. Next week damn it! Next Week!!

Commercial Break

“Coolâ€￾ hits and Carlito makes his way to the ring receiving a good pop. Carlito grabs a mic.

Carlito: In a fit of rage, Mr. McMahon has booked Carlito in a handicap match against Shelton Benjamin and Johnny Nitro. Handicap matches….that’s not cool.

Paparazzi hits and Johnny Nitro (w/ Melina) comes down to the ring to a decent amount of heat. Melina does her patented entrance which receives a good pop.

“Ain’t no stopping’ meâ€￾ hits and Shelton Benjamin makes his way down to the ring receiving decent heat.

4) Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro & Shelton Benjamin

After about five minutes of mostly Nitro and Benjamin dominating, Carlito makes a comeback, clotheslining both men. Carlito hits a dropkick on Benjamin and then hit’s a springboard back elbow on Nitro. Carlito throws Benjamin out of the ring. Nitro attempts to clothesline Carlito. Carlito ducks the clothesline and hits Nitro with a backcracker. Carlito covers Nitro but Melina puts Nitro’s foot on the bottom rope. Trish Stratus runs from the back and tackles Melina. Carlito becomes distracted by the happenings at ringside. Benjamin re-enters the ring, turns Carlito around and hits the T-Bone suplex for the pin. (Winners-Benjamin & Nitro at 10:12) After the match Nitro and Benjamin stomp on Carlito. “Paparazziâ€￾ hits as Nitro and Benjamin look on confused. JOEY MERCURY runs into the ring and cleans house as the fans erupt. Mercury hits Nitro with a DDT as Carlito hits Benjamin with a backcracker.

J.R.: Oh my God King!! We’ve just seen the return AND the Monday Night RAW debut of Joey Mercury. I don’t believe this!!

Lawler: I’m Shocked J.R.! Absolutely shocked! What a RAW! And J.R. guess what the best part hasn’t even happened yet! Because coming up next, Edge vs. Rob Van Dam for the WWE Championship.

Commercial Break

Backstage, Edge and Lita are preparing for the title match when a door opens off screen.

Edge: Holy crap! Its good to see you back. You look great. I may need you out there tonight, so be ready.

We cut back to ringside.

J.R. : Who the hell was Edge talking to King?

Lawler: I don’t know J.R.. But I can’t wait to see this match.

“One of a Kindâ€￾ hits as Rob Van Dam comes to the ring receiving a good pop.

“Metallingusâ€￾ hit’s as Edge (w/ Lita) makes his way down to the ring receiving an ungodly amount of heat.

With both wrestlers in the ring, Lilian Garcia makes the introductions.

Lilian: Introducing the challenger, weighing 235 lbs, from Battle Creek, Michigan, he is the former WWE Champion, Rob..Van..Dam (Van Dam poses) (Good pop). And introducing the champion, weighing 240 lbs, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, he is the WWE Champion, Edge (Tremendous heat).

5) (c)Edge vs. Rob Van Dam for the WWE Championship

After 20 minutes and a very grueling contest, Edge nails a spear on Van Dam. Edge covers RVD but RVD kicks out at 2. Edge stomps on the ref. Lita tosses Edge a chair. Edge swings at Van Dam. Van Dam ducks the shot and nails the Van Daminator on Edge. Lita grabs another chair, enters the ring and swings at Van Dam. Van Dam ducks and hit’s a Van Daminator on Lita!! Van Dam then rolls Lita out of the ring, climbs up to the top rope and hit’s the Five Star Frog Splash on Edge. Van Dam covers Edge but the ref is still down. As Van Dam tries to revive the referee. CHRIS MASTERS climbs over the barricade, picks up one of the steel chairs and nails Van Dam. Masters then pulls Edge over Van Dam and revives the referee. Ref then counts to 3. (Winner and still WWE Champion-Edge via pinfall at 27:23.) Edge, Masters, and Lita then stand over Van Dam’s body, laughing.

J.R.: Son of a bitch! “The Masterpieceâ€￾ is back and he & Edge just screwed Rob Van Dam out of the WWE Championship!

Lawler: This is a festive occasion J.R. Chris Masters is back and Edge is still the WWE Champion. Its celebration time. Good night everybody!

J.R.: DAMN IT!

Mark Morton

Reaction score
I really liked this Monday night RAW!
Positives: I love Joey Mercury and think he needed a bigger singles push, im backing him for the IC title on this one. Surely a feud with Jonny Nitro first?? I wish we'd have seen that...
Not a big fan of Chris Masters but think he was a decent heel, RVD Vs Masters would be a good feud and i wouldnt mind seeing Masters go over in this one.

Negatives: Heidenreich should never fight a match again, he's terrible lol

Il be watching avidly, nice work mate. Go Mercury!!!!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
BM - Main Event by default
WM - Women's Match
BP - Orton and Cena
WP - Shane and Vince throughout the show, was really funny, but just putting it there because it could've been better
AC - I'm not really a fan of the review type matches, but hopefully next week will be a full show. Your promo work is shaky, but the opening promo was pretty good.

PRIDE will be up soon, check it out when it goes up.

Qwake

bm: the mian event
wm: the womens match!
bp: Cena and Ortons was best
wp: not too sure really
af: this was an alright show, you are much better at promo's imo. if you do your next show and matches in full it will be much better 5/10, check out T.N.E if you like

The Mac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews everyone. Here is a Smackdown Preview:

SmackDown! Preview

This Friday, SmackDown airs from the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, New York as the road to the Great American Bash continues.

Last week on SmackDown!, The Big Show challenged World Champion Kurt Angle to a title match. Angle has accepted and the match is on for this Friday Night. Will The Big Show capture the World Title or will Kurt Angle hold onto the championship he has held since January? (Mysterio lost at Mania)

Friday on SmackDown! we will also find out the next #1 contender for the World Title. 20 SmackDown superstars slug it out in an Over-the-top-rope battle royal for a shot at the title at The Great American Bash.

More #1 contenders will be set for The Great American Bash as The Pit Bulls take on JBL & Mr Kennedy for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship. Which one of these two talented teams will face the reigning Champs, The Hooliganz, London & Kendrick.

Last week on SmackDown! it was announced that "The Animal" Batista returns to SmackDown! in 14 days. What will Mark Henry have to say about this recent development?

All of this and more on SmackDown! Friday at 8:00pm.

Kennedy

Reaction score
This is an awesome thread I remember it on the WF hopefully you can go furhter than Mania on this one

John

whoa, its back. why'd it get locked up? anyway good preview and i will be reviewing this thread. also you can see mine and rose's btb wwe {after wrestlemania and ECWless}

The Mac

Reaction score
I will try to go up to Mania 24 this time, not just 23.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I love it this should be fuckin awesome

oh yeah check out TNA Lockdown and Beyond!

The Mac

Reaction score
Smackdown will be up

TONIGHT!