• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the people who watched it actually paid for it :pity1:
crazybray.gif

Reactions: Farooq

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Kevin Nash,
El Torrito,
D'Z,
Sheamus,
JBL,
Those were the Returns/Surprises and let me tell you... Its been awhile since I've seen two spots wasted like that with Torrito and JBL (if JBL had actually participated it would've been cool). I really think the WWE Universe is justified I mean, that was just horrid.. Not to mention they had two wrestlers advertised one publicly the other low key, Woods & Axel and they were nowhere to be found at this PPV.

Also from Y2J:

Was pretty salty to hear he was in Pittsburgh on Saturday and then not hearing his entrance on Sunday.

Why does everyone hate Torito? Also Clearly you missed Bad News Barrett.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Of course they're justified in bitching. I even did a little myself out of my initial unhappiness with the decision (actually, my bitching started with the re-appearance of Kane).

It is WWE's decision whether or not to listen to the fans' bitching and it might just be the case that they have a plan for this. It seems euqally possible to me that Batista is the replacement for Orton as the "corporate champion" and this is the way they get around the "return pop" (not that there was as much of one for Batista as there usually is), by putting him at odds with what the fanbase wants. This could be the setup for a longer-term storyline that goes beyond Wrestlemania.

1) Punk, who's making a big deal abou his disagreement with the Authority, was dragged out of the ring by the Director of Operations rather than being eliminated by one of the guys remaining in the ring.
2) Bryan wasn't in the Rumble despite being one of the biggest success stories of 2013 (not to mention Superstar of the Year). Meanwhile, Bray Wyatt pushes past his Bryan feud into one (apparently, anyway) with Cena.
3) Batista, who was getting a little pop still, basically was turned heel last night by the fans in attendance while Reigns, part of the strongest heel stable in years, was basically turned face by the same fans while the complete dissolution of the Shield was hugely pushed.
4) Orton pinned Cena after interference by the Wyatts, giving him yet another "cheat" win, at least in the eyes of the fans.

I'm not saying any of us are unjustified in bitching. I'm merely saying that, in the light of day, this may not have been the terrible decision a lot of us initially thought it was.

wk

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
What if...Bray Wyatt is beating up Daniel Bryan and John Cena just to sleep with the Bella Twins? :mog:

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Why does everyone hate Torito? Also Clearly you missed Bad News Barrett.

Some people forget that a big component of pro wrestling all the way back to the carny days was a comedic factor. Midget wrestling was a big part of that and it became more cartoonish in the 1980's with main event wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and Junkyard Dog. Torito's a terrific wrestler, one of the best midget wrestlers in the world. But some people are just bound and determined to hate that part of the business.

wk

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Some people forget that a big component of pro wrestling all the way back to the carny days was a comedic factor. Midget wrestling was a big part of that and it became more cartoonish in the 1980's with main event wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and Junkyard Dog. Torito's a terrific wrestler, one of the best midget wrestlers in the world. But some people are just bound and determined to hate that part of the business.

wk

The only Midget wrestler who's been entertaining and I don't count Hornswoggle as a wrestler!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If you bought the show you have all the reason in the world to complain. If you streamed it then you can bitch on Twitter and on here all you want but don't you dare send something to WWE because they shouldn't listen to you.

But WWE does need to understand that they did this to themselves. One of the main reason Daniel Bryan is so over in 2014 is because of the great storyline THEY created. They created this amazing underdog character that got so over feuding with the Authority, and they've (accidentally) done a good job of making the fans really salivate for his comeback. But now, why should we believe it's going to come? Why should we believe they care about capitalizing on Bryan? Who was the last over babyface that they didn't drop the ball with? Punk was an anomaly. Why should we expect the latest over babyface to break through that glass ceiling?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
They have every right to bitch. They spend their time and energy watching the show and putting money down on the PPVs and other things. If they're not happy with the product, it's their right to express it.

In regards to Daniel Bryan, it's not like it's just a small section of internet fans complaining online. It's entire arenas hijacking shows and chanting Bryan's name as loud as possible over what other match or main event stars are being force fed to them at the moment and and yet WWE still not getting the message. I've never seen someone so blatantly ignore what the majority of their fan base wants before.

Of course, the excuse will be that this is all supposed to just build up even more heat for The Authority (which sounds probable given they've been blurring the lines between kayfabe and reality a lot over the last several months to create more heat for their on-screen characters) but unless Bryan is the chosen one to take Triple H down at Wrestlemania, then what difference does it make?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
If you bought the show you have all the reason in the world to complain. If you streamed it then you can bitch on Twitter and on here all you want but don't you dare send something to WWE because they shouldn't listen to you.

Yeah, pretty much this. Maybe all the Bryan marks should consider actually buying ppvs where Bryan is headlining or turn on the TV whenever Bryan has a segment on Raw, maybe even buy a shirt if you're dedicated enough. Complaining on media sites and forums while streaming everything isn't going to change much of anything. I'm guilty of this myself and don't plan on buying any WWE bullshit, so I'm probably not the person to be listening but still :dawg: :okay:

But no, nothing wrong with bitching, just don't expect anything to change because of it.