WWE/UFC merged to TKO Holdings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
endeavor-ufc-wwe.webp

The acquisition of WWE by Endeavor is expected to be finalized next month.

Endeavor announced today during their Q2 earnings release that their acquisition of WWE is expected to close in mid-to-late September. The company had previously announced that the deal was expected to conclude sometime during the second half of the year. Upon completion, Endeavor plans to merge WWE and UFC into one public company called TKO Group Holdings Inc.

Brandon Thurston reported that on the phone call to investors, Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel noted that there were plans on making cost savings and synergies happen immediately upon the deal closing.

Endeavor announced the acquisition of WWE back in early April during WrestleMania weekend. Vince McMahon, who retired from WWE last year, forced himself back in power in January with the intention of facilitating a sale of the company. Once the acquisition is complete, McMahon will serve as the executive chairman of TKO Holdings.

In WWE’s Q2 earnings report, it was noted that McMahon was recently served with a federal search warrant and grand jury subpoena regarding hush money payments to women that led to his retirement last year.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The WWE-UFC merger is expected to be finalized next week.

Endeavor and WWE announced today that the deal for Endeavor to purchase WWE and merge the company with UFC to create TKO Group Holdings is expected to close on September 12.

From today's press release:

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. & STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Endeavor Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EDR) (“Endeavor”) and World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) (“WWE”) today announced they expect to close the previously announced transaction to form TKO Group Holdings, Inc. (“TKO”) on September 12, 2023, at which time TKO will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TKO”.
Endeavor revealed in their Q2 earnings release last month that they expected the deal to close mid to late September.

Layoffs of company employees are widely expected in the wake of the deal closing. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel has stated there are plans for "cost savings and synergies" resulting from the merger.

A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 10 revealed ten of the eleven board members for TKO Group Holdings. Vincent K. McMahon (WWE), Ariel Emmanuel (Endeavor), Egon P. Durban (Endeavor), Nick Khan (WWE), Steven R. Koonin (WWE), Jonathan A. Kraft (Endeavor), Sonya E. Medina (Endeavor), Mark Shapiro (Endeavor), Nancy R. Tellem (WWE), Carrie Wheeler (Endeavor), were the names listed in the filing.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
A lot more talking about releases now that the deal is close to done... Worrying times for the low carders

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
A lot more talking about releases now that the deal is close to done... Worrying times for the low carders
Not that I’m doubting you, but where did you see this at? I’d like to at least see who’s the source of the news.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Not that I’m doubting you, but where did you see this at? I’d like to at least see who’s the source of the news.
No real source, just rumours swirling around. Though I would be surprised if there weren't some cuts

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No real source, just rumours swirling around. Though I would be surprised if there weren't some cuts
Well I hope not, but I guess we just have to wait and see

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I hope they sign CM Punk just to release him on his wedding anniversary.

• Haha
Reactions: Storm Trooper

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've read multiple places about being worried for releases. I'd guess sportskeedia that's where I get most of my news. Though to me it seemed to imply more office staff and duplicate positions than talent. Though I'm sure some low carders will be let go. We never got our post mania cuts.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I would avoid sportskeeda they kind clickbait farmin. Both Meltzer and SRS have said they havent heard anything about roster cuts. But you never know and I wouldn't be shocked at certain talent not being renewed. they seem to be going in that direction more lately

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I would avoid sportskeeda they kind clickbait farmin. Both Meltzer and SRS have said they havent heard anything about roster cuts. But you never know and I wouldn't be shocked at certain talent not being renewed. they seem to be going in that direction more lately

They seem to site Metzler and SRS a lot so I always saw it as an all in one location.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
They seem to site Metzler and SRS a lot so I always saw it as an all in one location.
I'm pretty sure most of the time those places cite them and half the time they just made shit up.

Endeavor has all but admitted there will be office layoffs, butt hat's to be expected when there's a merger and you don't need 2 full sets of office staff. Talent cuts I feel are not as likely but I would think as Jeff said they may not automatically renew peolpe when their contract expires.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm pretty sure most of the time those places cite them and half the time they just made shit up.

Endeavor has all but admitted there will be office layoffs, butt hat's to be expected when there's a merger and you don't need 2 full sets of office staff. Talent cuts I feel are not as likely but I would think as Jeff said they may not automatically renew peolpe when their contract expires.

If they do cut talent I assume it'll be most of Triple H's rehires, they've all kinda gone nowhere.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
If they do cut talent I assume it'll be most of Triple H's rehires, they've all kinda gone nowhere.
I don't think so. Those people are doing what they were brought in to do. Most of these peolpe were brought in to be depth and that's what they're doing.

I'd think the only cuts we're gonna see for a while would be NXT cuts of people that are not panning out.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP