WWE TV Deals Shopped Together For First Time Ever

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Doesn't grantland also cover wwe in a weekly column still with Bill Simmons and crew?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Todd Pettengill?!?!?! No fucking way. He was the absolute worst, made Adamle look like Gorilla Monsoon.

Would be a definite game changer if they went to a sports network, I think USA would pay out the anus for Raw, Smackdown, and every other WWE show. Because those rasslin fans are the reason they get eyeballs to their networks in a time when TV viewership is at an all time low due to straming, the over abundance of specialty channels, and cables seemingly infinite number of networks.
USA is also losing it second highest rated show in psych this year as some people signed on for other shows.

At the very least they would take sd live I would think and SyFy and E would look to add the others, but they won't have their other shows go dark basically like heat and velocity were killed off

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah they seem like they are going to explore everything but I think out of all the possible choices ESPN probably presents the biggest opportunities. Only thing is if the plan is to have everything under one situation I wonder how they would make that work with ESPN considering MNF and Raw for example are on at the same time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Doesn't grantland also cover wwe in a weekly column still with Bill Simmons and crew?
Yeah so that with what has already been said they already got some connections with WWE.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah they seem like they are going to explore everything but I think out of all the possible choices ESPN probably presents the biggest opportunities. Only thing is if the plan is to have everything under one situation I wonder how they would make that work with ESPN considering MNF and Raw for example are on at the same time.
I say run them both at the same time.

Run raw on espn 2 during football season and the main channel in the off season. They are the two highest rated things on Mondays for cable, and raw has been that for almost over 20 years. Instead of USA getting those 3 hours that come only behind the nfl, why not make sure they have the highest rated Mondays all around if you're espn? I wouldn't think of them as competing, just tag teaming to kick every networks ass and making sure they are number 1 over USA, TNT, and the upstart Fox.

SD seems likes the easiest way to steal the nba on TNT audience if you went live Thursdays. They already get comparable ratings for a taped show every Friday to the espn nba games and have beat their viewership some nights, so you can run that on Thursday and beat TNT.

Reaction score
The big problem WWE will have in marketing all of WWE programming as a single package, then comparing its programming value to Nascar, NBA, etc is that those sports franchises are split up. Nascar is so expensive and runs so long through the year that no single network runs the entire season. Nascar is a good comparison as it has several different series of racing that it runs on TV as well.

The Sprint Cup is their equivalent to RAW. That's what brings in the big money and what FOX, etc want to put on their top station. But then there's the Nationwide series, which is a lot like Smackdown. Lesser known names generally, lower ratings, less interest. You rarely ever saw a Nationwide race on the main FOX station. I'm guessing they had it on the Speed Network.

I believe the NBA is also split up between TNT and ABC. The NFL splits up their leagues to maximize profits. Of course both the AFC and NFC games are equally alluring. They don't have a Smackdown or Main Event dog they're hoping to force on someone.

IF they do get someone to accept the entire package, I don't think they'll see NBA or Nascar level revenue from the networks.

If anything, if the WWE network is to launch around the same time they're looking to shop these shows around, it's to see if anyone is willing to pay stupid money before they bring all that home to their own network.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Of course both the AFC and NFC games are equally alluring. They don't have a Smackdown or Main Event dog they're hoping to force on someone.

Thursday Night fucking Football. I've chosen TNA over it multiple times and that's just so sad.