WWE to drop THQ and pick up EA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

With WWE dropping Jakks in 2010 there is also talk of them dropping THQ when their deal ends the same year. EA is very intrested in the WWE video game license and are likely to put in a bid for it when their deal with THQ is up.

It's not like it would change anything. The WWE has say in pretty much everything that's why this years roster sucked.

Soulpower

OH GOD LET THIS BE TRUE!!! I'm tired of the same SD games year in and year out. I'm tired of seeing people that don't belong make the roster cut, I'm tired of the stupid season mode and their storylines, and I'm tired of how the CAW feature gets worse and worse each year!

Maybe with EA at the helm, we'll actually get a wrestling game that's you know... Good.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I've never bought a wrestling game, but I have played them. I was planning on buying this year's one, but everything I read said it sucked. But, if EA took over that'd be awesome! EA would probably put out a great game. I'm a big sports video gamer and the difference from EA games to small brand name games is night and day. EA games are so much better. This would be awesome and I would definitely buy a game that EA put out.

the dark knight

dont be so happy. go check out EA sports' games....beautiful graphics, good features, etc. gameplay? milk a goat....

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was just about to mention the game play aspect.

Also EA games is just as bad for delivering the same product for year after year with just minor changes.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i really am not impressed with EA games lately. all of their sport games really havent been that great but who knows maybe they will make some amazing game

kingovkings

Reaction score
FIFA,tiger woods, NBA, The gameplay aint all dat, sameo sameo each yr with little changes so i wnt be getting to excited if they switch to EA

the dark knight

I was just about to mention the game play aspect.

Also EA games is just as bad for delivering the same product for year after year with just minor changes.
yea like their FIFA games. i used to LOVE fifa until 2002...i then started chanting SAME OLD SHIT!

phantomgerald

Yeah it would completely suck balls if they did. EA just uses its license tochurn out the same thing every year, while THQ is more focused on improving the game, and the improvements in SD vs RAW every year is actually quite alot, so I'm happy enough with THQ.

Nation

Some THQ/Smackdown vs. RAW 2009 related news

THQ is touting that this year's version of Smackdown vs Raw will feature it's largest roster ever ad what they are calling "a groundbreaking new feature".

Reaction score
EA is a good gaming company,graphics are fantastic,easyily played and they actuly know what their are doing.so i think it will be a good move all i ask for is the abilty to put custom music on CAW for the playstation series

the dark knight

groundbreaking feature?

nothing would be better than actually becoming a legend in a better way than 08's then BECOMING A GENERAL MANAGER. so its like 2 in 1.

also, WE DONT NEED VOICE ACTING!!!! look how sweet HCTP was...

Big Jabba

Reaction score
worst decision ever, think of the frist SD game for ps2 just bring it, it will b like that as THQ own that system they mke the SD games on so EA would have to start from scratch and trust me it would be piss-poor