Payback WWE Title - Roman Reigns vs A.J Styles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RVD_86

Jobber
Reaction score
I think this is going to be an absolutely superb main event for Payback. I'm really looking forward to it.

A.J will bring the best out of Reigns. I know Reigns isn't exactly popular with the fans just now but he is a real work horse and is perfectly capable of putting on great matches. Reigns has been so badly booked it's not even possible to put into words! this is the perfect feud to put him in after his very long and dragged out feud with The Authority and HHH which was so boring and totally the wrong angle to have him in.

I think post WM it felt like the WWE has been reborn and I hope this applies to Reigns as well. Bring it on!:reigns2:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Styles is gonna carry Reigns to a very good performance, I'm looking forward to it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The match will be awesome, but it won't just be Styles making it that way. Believe that.

Really looking forward to this!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Styles is gonna carry Reigns to a very good performance, I'm looking forward to it.
Reigns doesn't need to be carried to shit you goof.

This should be the start of Reigns burying all of the IWC favorites. Styles is a great place to start because he is the worst of them all. Little annoying redneck prick.

Reactions: Neptune and Swift

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It'll be great. And now I'm horny for more styles.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
This is the beginning of Reigns trolling all over the WWE fan base. Dude is so over now, the fans aren't even aware of it yet.

Reactions: Snowman1

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Dope, has to be even sided though, if this will begin the rumored Bullet Club story then it'll be great

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Roman Reigns pins AJ Styles with a roll-up, and moves on to Ziggler. Pins him after a power slam, and moves on to Dean Ambrose. He beats him after 4 minutes with a DDT, next is Cesaro. Beats him after a spear and a 30 second wait before the pin. He finally beats RR winner Seth Rollins in 5 minutes with a roll up. Inducted into Hall of Fame a day prior to Mania.

CBK_15

The Artiste
Reaction score
Roman Reigns pins AJ Styles with a roll-up, and moves on to Ziggler. Pins him after a power slam, and moves on to Dean Ambrose. He beats him after 4 minutes with a DDT, next is Cesaro. Beats him after a spear and a 30 second wait before the pin. He finally beats RR winner Seth Rollins in 5 minutes with a roll up. Inducted into Hall of Fame a day prior to Mania.
Seems Legit

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Seems Legit
Razor_Ramon_0_cut_by_Danger_Liam.png

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, having watched RAW, what are your thoughts heading into ME at Payback?

4 possible scenarios:

1) AJ Styles defeats Reigns via Anderson & Gallows interference.

2) Reigns retains via Anderson & Gallows interference. Doubtful, but hey, anything can happen in the WWE.

3) Styles is screwed out of the title by Gallows and Anderson. Out comes THE true/original leader - Finn Bálor.

4) WWE pulls the biggest swerve by having Styles and Reigns compete in a clean match.

Even though I have nothing against option #1, I can see them going with #3 at the end of the day, tbh.

Styles is so over as a babyface and having :balor:debut on the main roster while still holding the NXT title could be special. One thing's for certain, though, the ME at Payback has gotten a lot more exciting now. :yay:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Reigns retains the title but Bullet Club form in WWE kick his arse and Shield reform for ER.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So, having watched RAW, what are your thoughts heading into ME at Payback?

4 possible scenarios:

1) AJ Styles defeats Reigns via Anderson & Gallows interference.

2) Reigns retains via Anderson & Gallows interference. Doubtful, but hey, anything can happen in the WWE.

3) Styles is screwed out of the title by Gallows and Anderson. Out comes THE true/original leader - Finn Bálor.

4) WWE pulls the biggest swerve by having Styles and Reigns compete in a clean match.

Even though I have nothing against option #1, I can see them going with #3 at the end of the day, tbh.

Styles is so over as a babyface and having :balor:debut on the main roster while still holding the NXT title could be special. One thing's for certain, though, the ME at Payback has gotten a lot more exciting now. :yay:

Been thinking more about your list of options here, and think the most likely outcome is A..... but after a big bump of some kind.
Everyone's down, the trees run in and Magic Killer Roman while AJ and the ref aren't looking. Styles recovers and locks in the Calf Killer on a downed Reigns and thinks he won the match clean, but really didn't thanks to his friends...

Thing is, that sucks. And I'm not a big fan of a lame PPV finish after Raw's been so much better.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Been thinking more about your list of options here, and think the most likely outcome is A..... but after a big bump of some kind.
Everyone's down, the trees run in and Magic Killer Roman while AJ and the ref aren't looking. Styles recovers and locks in the Calf Killer on a downed Reigns and thinks he won the match clean, but really didn't thanks to his friends...

Thing is, that sucks. And I'm not a big fan of a lame PPV finish after Raw's been so much better.

Dude, any scenario regarding Roman being screwed out of the title is going to get Styles cheered. And the event's being held in Chicago of all places. They're going to eat Roman alive.

Now, I don't expect Styles to win clean in any scenario, however, if he does end up winning, it'll be via Gallows/Anderson shenanigans, which is fine by me.

Or, as my scenario #3 states, Styles is screwed out of the title by his boys and then enter Finn Bálor.