WWE: The Road to Immortality

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score

W6CX26l.png

The Road to Immortality...

Is paved in a vengeance so cold that no mere mortal can withstand…

“You are DEAD TO ME! Do you hear me GODDAMNIT? DEAD! I’m gonna make you PAY! I’m gonna make you SUFFER! You will never…and I mean never…live this down…you son of a bitch!”

The Road to Immortality…

Is chiseled in trials and tribulations, turns and trickery, tumultuous and turbulent times…

“I don’t know how all of you fans and especially you, my friend, didn’t see this coming. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time. Did you really think that our sick and twisted history would allow us to have a long-lasting friendship?”

The Road to Immortality…

Is intertwined with the brutally blood-stained canvas, the dark red remembrance of what turns men into immortals…

“Oh come on, we need some help out here. FOR GOD’S SAKE! Get some DAMN HELP out here! He’s bleeding like a stuck pig! Somebody, anybody, please do something! HELP!”

The Road to Immortality…

Is garnered in a respect and understanding so deep that only an immortal would dare to continue on its path…

“Love him or hate him, this young man, he is THE man right now. And he is the World Champion for a reason, and that reason is because he is on top of his game, and no WWE superstar can come close to taking that title off of him!”

The Road to Immortality…

Is where Immortals shed their past and present for a future so desirable that it keeps you wanting to endure, even when you know you cannot move along any further…

“These past few months have been very challenging, to say the least. Everything I have endured. Everything I have put my family through. The fractured relationships, both here in the WWE and at home. When I hit rock bottom, all I could think of is lacing up these boots one more time to prove to myself that I can still do this at an extremely high level. I’m not gonna lie to you and say I am a perfect man. I am far from it. But I need everyone to understand the pressure I put on myself is far superior than anything felt before. Simply put, if I don’t win this match, I will crash and burn in spectacular fashion…”

The Road to Immortality…

Only has room for the chosen few, the chosen warriors who dare to venture on it…

“Well, this is it folks. The moment you have all been waiting for. Do you feel that in the air? This is what a big match feels like. Right here, right now… Wrestlemania! Twelve long months in the making. These two have been through it all, went to hell and back! They’ve thrown everything they have at each other, and still, both are somehow standing upright. These two are the definition of immortals. However, only one will leave Wrestlemania with their immortality still intact. It all ends here, for better or for worse…”

The Road to Immortality…

STARTS…

…NOW!!!

“ARE YOU READY?”

(Italics narrated by the famous guy who says “And Now” at the beginning of every PPV)
U0e19xw.png

Last edited:

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score
Lesssssgooooooooooooo! Can’t wait bro

Reactions: BattleTank

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
CHAMPIONS:

q7jWP9t.png

Since: 1/29/06

sJcUe7R.png

Since: 4/2/06

pVJU8zd.png

Since: 2/20/06

zmPEsfI.png

fuRlHc9.png

Since: 11/1/05

5tNEBUT.png

Since: 12/27/05

RSPBJMs.png

xmGV31W.png

Since: 1/29/06

U0e19xw.png

THE LAUNCHING POINT:

-We start this Road to Immortality on April 3, 2006. Wrestlemania 22 is still fresh in our minds-

-I will be using the same writing style as my WWF New Gen BTB. A “Road To” recap highlighting the important events that occur in between each PPV. I will sprinkle in a Raw and Smackdown here and there when I want something significant to occur-

-There will be a few minor creative changes. I’m not re-setting storylines or throwing the script in the trash, but AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson will not be headlining Wrestlemania 23. Some guys who were free agents at the time will be brought in throughout-

-WWECW doesn’t exist in this BTB world. The real ECW ended in 2001 and will stay that way. However, One Night Stand is still a thing-

The Great Khali never happened and I am sorry to any Khali-heads out there. He just didn’t make the creative cut-

-Chris Benoit will not be used in this BTB-

-Originally, plans for this project ended at Wrestlemania 23, but naturally, my creative wandering mind already started booking the Wrestlemania 24 card. So, what started off as a year-long BTB may end up going longer-

-This project has been planned on and off since 2006. Yes, I had an idea for a WWE 2006 BTB back in eighth grade that I would write out in a notebook during Math class, but I scrapped it when WWE beat me to the idea of a DX reformation. From there, I had planned on using solely the WM23 card based off of these ideas back in 2019 for the King of the Booker Tourney. Of course, I got eliminated before I could show it off. After that, it snowballed into 3-4 years of planning-

-Most of all, have fun reading this journey. Scroll through, stay for the graphics, possibly the content…-​

Last edited:

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Great to see you back in the game, my friend.

You already know I'll be checking this out and I'm excited to see what you do! :) Your WWF New Gen 'BTB' still possibly my favourite 'BTB' of all time.

Good luck! :)

KingBoggs23

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
I am very excited about this BTB. Like always the graphic work is very top-notch.

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
mrOnQ8i.png

The unofficial WWE new year is upon us! With Wrestlemania 22 in the rearview mirror, we’re full speed ahead on the road to Backlash! With a ton of unfinished business ready to blow on the RAW side of things, Backlash is primed to deliver with 7 action-packed matches! Of course, you should expect some twists and turns along the way, sprinkled in with sledgehammers, Spears, and destruction!

BvHiP5f.png

4f9WVvE.png
hlcGYri.png

“The king grinned red as he walked from the place…”

Reigning WWE Champion John Cena may won the battle against “The King of Kings” Triple H at Wrestlemania 22, but he certainly did not win the war…at least, not quite yet. Following Wrestlemania 22, “The Game” made it abundantly clear that he wasn’t going anywhere, and was primed to take back his seat at the head of Monday Night RAW.

John Cena, known to be a fighting champion, quickly accepted Triple H’s challenge for a rematch at Backlash on the April 10 edition of Monday Night RAW:

“Triple H, I’ll be honest with you. I’m not a fan of yours. I personally think you’re a legend in your own mind. But…with that being said…I respect the hell outta you, and everything you’ve done for the WWE. I’ll give you another shot at my WWE Championship at Backlash. You’ve earned the respect of challenging for my title, and I’ll give it to you…under one condition…if I beat you again, which I plan on doing…you can no longer challenge for this title so long as I am champion!”

“The King of Kings” didn’t care much for the ‘honorable’ notion that John Cena was willing to accept his challenge, and took things a step further on the go-home edition of Monday Night RAW on April 24:

ZOqDCl2.png

April 24, 2006
Non-Title Match
John Cena vs. Charlie Haas

Closing Moments:

…Charlie Haas goes for an exploder suplex, but Cena blocks it! Cena with a right hand that knocks Haas back a few steps. Cena bounces off the ropes…FLYING SHOULDER BLOCK! Haas pops right back up…SITOUT HIPTOSS! Cena hoists Haas up…SIDE-RELEASE POWERBOMB!

Cena holds his hand high in the air, and in unison, half of the crowd plays along… “YOU CAN’T SEE ME!” Cena dusts his shoulder off…FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE! Cena is calling for the end…Haas stumbles to his feet…FU! Cena hooks the leg…

1…2…3!

Winner: John Cena

“My Time is Now”
blasts throughout the arena as Cena holds his WWE Championship high above the air, posing on the top turnbuckle when suddenly…

TRIPLE H COMES SPRINTING DOWN THE RAMP, SLEDGEHAMMER IN HAND!

Cena doesn’t see “The King of Kings” as he is too busy celebrating with his title. Triple H waits for Cena to hop down…

SLEDGEHAMMER TO THE FACE OF JOHN CENA!!

Cena is immediately BUSTED OPEN! Triple H doesn’t stop the onslaught as he continues to jolt the sledgehammer into Cena’s sternum!

Triple H lifts the motionless Cena and wraps his arms in between the ropes! Triple H rears back and SMASHES THE SLEDGEHAMMER RIGHT INTO JOHN CENA’S RIBS!!

Triple H lifts up his trusted sledgehammer, the top bright red with blood from John Cena’s forehead, as a devilish grin forms on his face. Triple H then picks up the fallen WWE Championship and holds it in his other hand.

“Triple H is a man possessed. John Cena has woken up the devil! Is this a sign of things to come on Sunday at Backlash, King?!?”

Jim Ross shouts as the credits roll, while Triple H holds up both his sledgehammer and the WWE Championship high above his head…

END RAW FOOTAGE

Following the heinous attack to close out Monday Night RAW, our WWE.com Exclusive reporter Jonathan Coachman caught up with “The King of Kings” as he was making his way back to the dressing room. Triple H made his statement pretty damn clear:

“John Cena! Let me remind you who has the keys to this castle. I’m not looking for a charity match. You can respect me all you want, but at the end of the day, your respect for me is as empty as your head is right now after I blasted my sledgehammer into it! Tonight was just a TASTE of what you should expect to walk into Sunday night at Backlash, as I come to re-claim my throne!”

The match was officially made and to make it even more exciting, was given a “No Holds Barred” stipulation. One thing is for certain, and that is Triple H is a very dangerous man at the current moment. Between his loss on the grandest stage of them all at Wrestlemania 22 and his thoughts about John Cena giving him a “charity” re-match at Backlash, “The King of Kings” is primed and ready to beat John Cena at Backlash!

BvHiP5f.png

bhWmDbA.png
mL2DWAl.png

“A bitter place, and a broken dream…”

“The Rated R Superstar” Edge
enjoyed a very hard-fought victory over Mick Foley at Wrestlemania 22. However, Edge left Wrestlemania 22 with a bitter taste in his mouth watching John Cena hoist up the WWE Championship that was around his waist just a few short months earlier.

There is no doubt in anybody’s mind that the Hardcore Match Edge endured against Mick Foley changed him forever. It has brought out a darker, extreme, and more brutally honest side of Edge. This was very apparent on the April 10 edition of Monday Night RAW when Edge and Lita came down to the ring, giving Edge a chance to speak his mind…

ZOqDCl2.png

April 10, 2006

…Edge and Lita head down the entrance ramp and walk straight towards the ringside area. Edge demands a microphone and a chair. He slides the chair into the ring, sets it up, and sits down on it. Lita stands over Edge’s shoulder, placing her hand on her man’s back. Edge crosses his foot over his leg and leans back in the chair, ready to speak. However, the crowd is HOT on Edge tonight, throwing every profane chant they can think of at him.

“I came out here tonight to speak my mind. And then I looked out into the crowd and realized how much I FUC**NG HATE YOU PEOPLE! Can somebody in the back dim the lights, I can count on one hand how many teeth the people sitting in the front row collectively have on one hand!”

“FUCK YOU EDGE!”
chants break out, and the crowd also sprinkles in some expletives at Lita for good measure. Somebody in the back listens to Edge as they dim the lights. One sole spotlight shines down on “The Rated R Superstar” as he finally speaks.

“Ever since Wrestlemania, something has changed in me. I’m not happy. Y’see, winning that Money in the Bank briefcase last year, it jumpstarted my career. To heights I knew I was capable of reaching…but I needed a leg up to get to that level…and now I’m on that level…but look around. Yeah, I got the hottest babe in the world by my side, but everything else is missing. No briefcase, no WWE Championship. Just me and my thoughts…”

The crowd is still hot on Edge who re-positions himself and starts back up…

“And as I sit here and ponder my next move, I can still smell my burning hair from Wrestlemania. I can still feel the thumbtacks and barbed wire in my flesh. It gives me a sense of power…but not the power I need right now. No…see…carrying around that Money in the Bank briefcase gave me a sense of power that I’ve never felt before. Knowing I was the most dangerous man on the roster and at any given point in time I could strike…that’s what power feels like…”

Edge leans forward as the camera zooms in on his face.

“So, I came out here tonight to put Rob Van Dam, the man who is currently in possession of MY briefcase…on notice. RVD, I know you’re in the back, probably high as a kite right now…but if you are listening…just know…I WANT MY BRIEFCASE BACK!”

The mention of RVD gets the crowd cheering for the current Money in the Bank holder…”

“See, RVD, you don’t bring honor to the briefcase. You don’t bring respect to the briefcase. You don’t bring prestige to the briefcase…you bring absolutely nothing to that briefcase! You are simply a novelty act that in about three months will run its course and everybody will forget you even HAD the briefcase to begin with…You’re nothing like me…and right now, I am still THE guy on Monday Night RAW…no…I’m the best wrestler in the WWE….better yet, I’m the best wrestler in THE WORLD today! And I will do whatever it takes to regain the power I held…with MY briefcase in MY possession…”

The camera is still zoomed in on “The Rated R Superstar’s” face…

“And mark my words. I’m saying this now, and I’m only saying this once. Somehow, some way, I WILL get MY briefcase back…and I WILL walk out of next year’s Wrestlemania 23 as the WWE CHAMPION!”

Edge stares intently into the camera as the lights turn back on. He drops the mic as he and Lita exit up the ramp, still pissed off at the world…

END RAW FOOTAGE

From there, Rob Van Dam responded by telling Edge that he has never backed down from a fight in his life, and a fight from a second-rate wannabe hardcore wrestler will certainly not turn him away. RVD was so confident in his ability to beat Edge that he even put his Money in the Bank Briefcase on the line in a match at Backlash!

Rob Van Dam is one of the hottest superstars in the WWE at the current moment, and the confidence he has right now is sky high. But, could RVD possibly be a bit over-zealous in putting his freshly won Money in the Bank Briefcase on the line just weeks after winning it? Edge has proven that he has what it takes to carry the WWE, and whether you love him or hate him, he has proven that he can be THE guy once the bell rings.

Everything will come to a head when Rob Van Dam puts his Money in the Bank Briefcase on the line against Edge at Backlash!

BvHiP5f.png

EX1toyf.png
DsbAy9t.png
nJr6dG8.png

“You’re gonna wish that GOD was your tag team partner!”

“The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels and the owner of the WWE, Vince McMahon went to WAR at Wrestlemania 22, with Michaels outlasting not only Vince, but also all five members of The Spirit Squad, and Shane McMahon. However, HBK may have won the battle, but the war waged by the billionaire Vince McMahon still brews on. Vince McMahon has made it abundantly clear numerous times that he wants to end Shawn Michaels once and for all, put him on the shelf indefinitely and end his WWE career. However, Shawn Michaels has proven time and time again during his war with Vince McMahon that he is still in peak shape, at the top of his game, and not going anywhere any time soon.

HBK, starting to show his playful D-Generation X side a little more with each passing week on RAW, continued having fun at Vince and Shane’s expense. Vince responded by sticking The Sprit Squad on Shawn at every possible chance he could get. The games continued until finally McMahon took things a step further when he decided to make a match for Backlash- A 2 on 1 Handicap Match pitting Vince and his son Shane up against Shawn Michaels!

“Shawn Michaels, we’re gonna stack the odds against you in ways that you couldn’t even imagine! Come Backlash, you’re gonna wish that GOD was your tag team partner, because you’re gonna need all the prayers in the world to make it out of Backlash on your own two feet!”

Shawn Michaels finds himself in familiar territory heading into Backlash. Seven men gunning for his head simultaneously, while somehow finding a way to stave them all off. Will Shawn Michaels walk out of Backlash with another win over The Chairman? Or will the power of Vince, Shane AND The Spirit Squad be too much for HBK to overcome?

BvHiP5f.png

74EvGTw.png
v7BjF8i.png

“Going for it all, I’m just trying to be the best!”

Reigning Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin defeated “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair back in February to regain the Intercontinental title. Following an unsuccessful run for both men in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania 22, they are back embroiled in a feud over Benjamin’s title.

Shelton Benjamin has turned over a new leaf since Wrestlemania 22, ditching his mama in the process. Shelton is keen on proving to the world that he doesn’t need his mother to help him win matches, and is looking to take the Intercontinental title to new heights, and ultimately parlay the reign into an eventual WWE Championship opportunity.

Ric Flair, still kicking as well as ever, has his sights set on taking back the title he lost to Shelton Benjamin, and even tried to persuade Shelton on an episode of Monday Night RAW.

With both men inside the ring, Shelton Benjamin put over Ric Flair and even said that Flair was hands down the best wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots. Flair thanked Shelton for the compliment…

“Shelton, look here, pal. I’ve been in the ring with EVERYBODY…and nobody has the gift you have. You are a future WORLD CHAMPION! Your ascent to the top of the WWE should begin now. Not me. No, see, I’m an old dog, Shelton. I don’t have many years left inside this ring. You’re the next big thing! So, why don’t you let me get one more spin with that Intercontinental title while you climb up to your rightful spot at the top of the WWE?”

Shelton Benjamin nods his head before responding…

“You’re right, Ric. I do have a gift. But, it isn’t quite my time right now to chase after the WWE Championship. That time will come, but not right now. No, right now I’m focused on restoring this title back to the way it once was, because from September to February it was nothing more than a PROP and a JOKE!”

Shelton’s fighting words quickly flipped the script from an exchange of pleasantries to a vicious verbal beating. From there, the match was officially signed-Shelton Benjamin putting his Intercontinental Championship on the line against Ric Flair at Backlash! Ric Flair is out to prove that his reign as IC Champion wasn’t a fluke, rather Shelton’s win over Flair was, in fact, a fluke!

BvHiP5f.png

zANC9mN.png
dHLFOCj.png
JC52PZ8.png
zOqX41e.png

“The Tag Team Division comes to a boiling point!”

Kane and The Big Show
have reigned supreme in the Tag Team division since winning the titles back in November. Since then, they have been the gold standard in the division, picking up impressive wins over the likes of Batista and Rey Mysterio, and more recently Carlito and Chris Masters at Wrestlemania 22.

Following their victory over Carlito and Chris Masters, which featured miscommunication between the two, it seemed as if the honeymoon phase of Carlito and Masters’ team was now over. The duo argued all the way to the back, and the outlook looked bleak for the pairing.

Instead of turning their backs on each other, Carlito and Chris Masters turned over a new leaf. They teased a break up on RAW, but only to drag Kane and The Big Show into their trap. After it was evident that the duo planned the fake break up all along, they issued a challenge to Kane and The Big Show for a rematch at Backlash.

Carlito and Chris Masters were firing on all cylinders leading up to Backlash, until a real miscommunication in a Tag match on RAW which saw Carlito drill Masters with an errant elbow off the apron and into the barricade cast a shadow of doubt over their team. Masters, lip busted open from the elbow, stormed to the back, leaving Carlito to fend for himself.

So, the question still remains the same as Backlash- is there really trouble brewing in paradise between Carlito and Chris Masters? Or is their latest theatrics just that- theatrics?

Kane and The Big Show also seem to have an issue heading into Backlash. Some may say it is just two veterans working out their problems, while others may say it is Vince McMahon looking to drive a wedge in between the two so that he can recruit The Big Show to be his muscle.

On an episode of RAW, Vince cornered The Big Show right after a hard fought title defense. McMahon made it perfectly clear that he needed backup when it came to Shawn Michaels, and there wasn’t anybody better than The Big Show to fill that spot. Big Show told him to hit the road, but Vince was persistent, continually recruiting Big Show openly. Kane took exception to this when Big Show said he was pondering the decision.

Things came to a head on the following edition of RAW when the Tag Team Champions needed to be pulled apart backstage. Kane and Big Show began with a shouting match, which quickly turned into an all out brawl. Following the brawl, which neither man got the better of, the two reconciled and vowed to not let McMahon get in the middle of their title reign.

Two teams, each with their own set of personal problems will square off at Backlash, and the burning question being asked right now is- Are both sides playing their hand close to the vest in order to come out victorious at Backlash?

BvHiP5f.png

Wj6C94d.png
KW10LsU.png

“Love and Lust!”

Mickie James
shocked the world when she beat Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 22 to win the Women’s title. Mickie, who has openly stalked Trish for months, finally got what she wanted...or did she? Mickie doesn’t seem content with just the Women’s title at the moment, because it is clearly evident that she would still rather have Trish Stratus instead.

Things boiled over backstage on the April 17 edition of Monday Night RAW! Trish, realizing Mickie’s desire for her was still as strong as ever, decided to play into Mickie James and invited her to join her in the shower. Mickie quickly jumped at the chance, but Trish was waiting, fully clothed, and the two brawled in the shower. Trish then invoked her rematch clause and will now have another shot at Mickie and the chance to regain the Women’s title at Backlash!

BvHiP5f.png

FyMhlcM.png
y2SO1Wm.png
ul4edij.png

“Dominance!”

“The Samoan Bulldozer” Umaga
crashed on the scene the night after Wrestlemania 22, and quickly turned heads. The 350 pound beast, led to the ring by his manager- Armando Alejandro Estrada, has quickly shot up the rankings on RAW in short order.

Two other monsters on the RAW roster haven’t liked the spotlight being put on Umaga- Snitsky and his pal Heidenreich. The two attempted to jump Umaga on RAW, but quickly found out why this man is the real deal.

Snitsky will get his chance to knock Umaga back down the ladder, and the stipulation is if Umaga gets past Snitsky, he will immediately face Heidenreich. A Handicap match of sorts, with the caveat being that Heidenreich must stay backstage.

Will Umaga continue his rampage through the RAW roster and take out two of the biggest men in the WWE? Or will Snitsky show why he and Heidenreich are still the top two monsters on RAW?

BvHiP5f.png

Backlash Card

April 30, 2006

WWE Championship- No Holds Barred Match
©John Cena vs. Triple H

RVD’s MITB Briefcase on the Line
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge w/Lita

2-on-1 Handicap Match
Vince & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

Intercontinental Championship
©Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair

RAW Tag Team Championship
©Kane & The Big Show vs. Carlito & Chris Masters

Women’s Championship
©Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus

Gauntlet Match
Umaga vs. Heidenreich & Snitsky

*Predictions are welcome, thank you for reading!

The Visionary

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
My predictions are below. Super excited for this show!!!

Backlash Predictions

©John Cena vs. Triple H
Winner: John Cena

Winner: RVD

2-on-1 Handicap Match

Winner: HBK

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Winner: Kane & Show

Women’s Championship

Winner: Mickie James

Gauntlet Match

Winner: Umaga

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
©John Cena
vs. Triple H
Build for this was pretty simple but effective. Not unusual to go with a no rules match coming out of WM, but I don't suspect Cena will lose after winning at WM.

Rob Van Dam
vs. Edge w/Lita
As much as I don't like Edge losing so fast after his big battle with Foley at WM, I also don't think RVD should be losing the briefcase.

2-on-1 Handicap Match
Vince & Shane McMahon
vs. Shawn Michaels
Laughed at the "going to wish God was your tag team partner" line during this build, haha. I think the odds will be too much for HBK here and he'll need to find, perhaps a fellow degenerate who also loses tonight, to help even the odds.

©Shelton Benjamin
vs. Ric Flair
Would be a shame for Benjamin to drop the title back to Flair, I would think. Seeing these two battle remind of Man's old BTB that was going to focus on Flair rebuilding the Horsemen and would love to see something like that start to brew here.

Call me crazy but I was always a big Carlito mark and while I didn't like Masters as much, I thought this team had some potential. I'm betting with my heart here and hoping Kane/Big Show explode and Carlito and Masters get to reap the rewards.

Women’s Championship
©Mickie James
vs. Trish Stratus
Can't believe how we just gloss over Trish inviting Mickie to the shower here, haha. I know you're basically coming in after the climax (oh my) of this story, the Mickie/Trish story was one of my favorites of this era. Will be interesting to see where you take it from here but, much like the other rematches, I'm guessing Mickie once again wins.

Gauntlet Match
Umaga
vs. Heidenreich & Snitsky
God I love Umaga. Push him to the fucking moon. Give him the World Title he deserves!

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I love the details (even the graphics) reminds you of circa 2006. This time period will always have a soft place in my heart.

here's my picks:
©John Cena
Rob Van Dam
Shawn Michaels
©Shelton Benjamin
Carlito & Chris Masters
©Mickie James
Umaga

Backlash PPVs usually don't rock the boat in terms of direction, I feel this will be a way to end those Mania stories and start to pick up on what you actually want to do. Looking forward to it Tank!

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Road to Backlash thoughts and predictions;

- So, right out of the gate, I really like the presentation and the famous BT GFX. Good stuff mate!

- Going with the rematch between Cena & Triple H makes sense, and adding the stipulation of if Triple H loses, he cannot challenge Cena again while he's Champion adds an extra dynamic! This felt something more a heel would say but I'm good with it. The rivalry heating up a little after the the attack from the King of Kings with the sledgehammer

©John Cena vs. Triple H

- Bold move from RVD to put his briefcase on the line. I really liked the Edge promo though! Felt like he's definitely come of this match with Mick Foley a different kind of man and I'm interested to see how it goes down. I don't see Edge winning this match, but I believe the man when he says he's walking out of WrestleMania 23 as the WWE Champion!

- Pretty standard with HBK vs the McMahons and mirroring much of what happened in real life. Wondering if maybe we get a twist to come in this one? Hmm.

2-on-1 Handicap Match

- I thought at first this was leading a possible face turn from Shelton with Ric putting him over and both exchanging compliments before Shelton flipped it and came out with the fighting words.

- Interesting dynamic with this Tag Team match in that both teams seem like they could blow up and become volatile. Hard to call this one but I think we might get NEW Champions

- Man this brought back some memories with the Trish & Mickie feud Haha! With Mickie James winning the Championship at Mania, I don't see her dropping the title back instantly.

Women’s Championship

- PUSH! PUSH! PUSH UMAGA, PWEEAASSEEEEE! :) Man, I loved Umaga! Hoping he continues his 'Dominance' here and beats both of these men before moving on higher up the card.

Gauntlet Match

Great to see you back posting my friend, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you :)

Last edited:

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
©John Cena
vs. Triple H
So a big issue with post-Mania cards where feuds are continuing into blow-off matches is that some things can be quite predictable. This unfortunately fits the bill and I expect Cena to win here before moving on to another challenger. I like the addition of the No Holds Barred stipulation to keep things more interesting though.

Okay, you know what I said about things being predictable? I think when things are like that then it’s good to have one result go the opposite way to what everyone is going to be expecting. With Edge on a roll and with an invigorated character and a clear goal to redeem himself, I see him taking the case here (I won’t say what else I think might happen to save any potential surprise). To me there’s more stock in Edge getting the case and then coming back to this once RVD has built himself back up again.

2-on-1 Handicap Match
Vince & Shane McMahon
vs. Shawn Michaels
I love that you’re carrying this on as this feud was 12 year old me’s shit back in the day. I think there’ll be some intervention in this (not divine!) to move things onwards. Michaels should still be coming out as the winner when all is said and done between him and the McMahons though.

©Shelton Benjamin
vs. Ric Flair
As Dubb said, this feud is very familiar to me (unfortunately the ladder match I wrote between these two that I put up there as one of the best matches I’ve ever written has been lost to the ether). Benjamin should always be winning here and I think he’ll lose a lot more than Flair gains if he does win. If you want to know who I planned to have as the New Horsemen let me know haha.

Big fan of how you kept Carlito and Masters together because the tag division at this moment in time is absolutely dire and given Kane and Big Show will likely be done here you need a credible team at the top. Absolutely no idea who you’ll have feud with these guys afterwards but interested to see what happens here.

Women’s Championship
©Mickie James
vs. Trish Stratus
It is just too soon into Mickie’s run to have her drop the title here. Like with the tag division, you’re almost without any decent options to go to next so again, intrigued to see what happens here and moving on.

Gauntlet Match
Umaga
vs. Heidenreich & Snitsky
Pretty obvious Umaga win, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I imagine these will be two quick squashes as well, given you’ve got heel monster vs heel tag team. Can’t see a crowd wanting to get behind any of these guys, unless you have Umaga take some shit to build up a bit of heat but he shouldn’t be presented as being vulnerable to anything these goobers have to offer.

This has been a fun read so far, BT, and I’m ready for some Backlash. Nice work dude.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
©John Cena
vs. Triple H

Rob Van Dam
vs. Edge w/Lita

2-on-1 Handicap Match
Vince & Shane McMahon
vs. Shawn Michaels