WWE The Bash 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

bash.jpg

Confirmed Card:

World Title Match: CM Punk © vs. Jeff Hardy
WWE Title Match: Randy Orton © vs. HHH (3 Stages of Hell Match)
IC Title vs. Mask Match: Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
John Cena vs. The Miz
NO DQ Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. The Great Khali
ECW Title Scramble Match: Tommy Dreamer © vs. Christian vs. Finlay vs. Jack Swagger vs. Mark Henry
WWE Women's Title Match: Melina © vs. Michelle McCool
Unified Tag Team Title Match: Carlito and Primo Colon © vs. Legacy

Lol, Batista. Anyways.. DISCUSS!

SnackZ

Reaction score
Awe - poor Batista - steroids are no good for tendons (and he keeps tearing them sooooooooooooooooooooo....)

Anyways - I like the card so far, something new in Punk/Hardy, a possible HIAC match with HHH/Orton, finally showing promise to the tag division (and people will still complain) and you get a scramble match which will probably be good and hopefully Christian wins and does so heel like. Waiting for edge, cena, show, jericho, rey, mvp, kofi, matt and morrison to see what happens. Maybe a scramble for the IC and US titles????? Could be good.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
the card doesn't look to bad so far only matches im looking forward to seeing are the ECW scramble . Why mark henry i ask you why not Bourne hes WAY BETTER?. The Punk Hardy Match could work well maybe and always gotta love tag title matches to show hey they still are around

Soulpower

I'm excited for Rey v Jericho. I'm really wondering if WWE is going to pull the trigger and have Rey lose the mask.

And yes, I know he's lost it before but that was quite a long time ago.

seX-Power

Hopefully we get Edge vs John Morrison as well after Smackdown.

Undertaking Edge

Reaction score
The card for '09s Bash is not to to bad im wondering where they are going to go with the Legacy and if they are going to finally give them a chance to go on and show themselves not just as a faction but as a tag team.
the card doesn't look to bad so far only matches im looking forward to seeing are the ECW scramble . Why mark henry i ask you why not Bourne hes WAY BETTER?. The Punk Hardy Match could work well maybe and always gotta love tag title matches to show hey they still are around

The reason for Bourne not being in the match is for him to end screwing Henry out of the title and strengthening their feud. I don't see Bourne as a high-profile superstar just yet, he has grabbed the attention of many people but I believe he still has alot to prove.

Ballin

Reaction score
Don't like the card, way too rushed. An extra ppv which is not needed. Oh well, I'm excited for the Rey/Jericho mask vs. IC match. Punk/Hardy should be pretty good too.

The Rated R CMStar

Don't like the card, way too rushed

I don't think so. I mean, the build up hasn't been supreme, but almost every match has a nice background to fall in, so it isn't exactly matches that just came out of nowhere.

chessarmy

Looks like a decent card so far, but I'm not too excited for it. I'm sure this PPV won't be around by next year so this may be the last "Bash" that we ever see.

Airfixx

It's only the US and Women's title NOT on the line here.... So much for Night O Champions next month. LOL

Moonlight Drive

^^Lol.

Average card, I'm expecting Punk/Hardy and JEricho/Mysterio to be the highlights. Unsure about what to expect with Randy and Trips, their matches are either hit or miss.

seX-Power

Dolph Ziggler vs Great Khali in some form of Street Fight has been added.

Could be alright, hopefully Ziggler goes over in a short match.

Airfixx

^^^I'm assuming the stip is there in order to make that a possibility....

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The Miz vs John Cena will be epic to be honest. I hope Miz can go over just for something to laugh at. If he goes over clean it will be utterly awesome! Please be a decent Pay Per View.

Klide

ok i was watching SD! last friday and the Bash promo was on (i was watching with my dad who rarely watches wrestling) He came up with a good point though.. For the Mask vs Title match i was thinking that its kind of weird for Y2J to lose the Title quick and also i doubt Mysterio would lose his mask.. but my dad said watch jericho is gonna lose by Disqualification.. And i was like that makes perfet sense right?? I mean Jericho keeps his title and Rey keeps his mask.. Anyone got thoughts on this?