WWE Teasing A New RAW Set For The 1,000th Episode?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
In the continued hype for the 1,000th episode of RAW, WWE.com has an article up looking at the evolution of the Raw's sets and entrance ways.

At the end of the article which looks at the current HD stage, WWE seems to tease the possibility of a new design for the milestone episode in July.

"it's on this set that Raw will celebrate its 1,000th episode … unless, of course, the stage evolves again."

To read the full article, click the link below:

WWE.com: The evolution of Raw's sets

I don't see much into it tbh, just saying that RAW will celebrate it's 1000th episode but the set could change between now and then or on the night, but it does seem like they are kind of hinting at a change. What could they really change though? They're pretty limited in their options for changing the set. They switched to the current one, which is about as basic as you can get, when they went to HD, because it's the most HD friendly. I suppose they could make some minor tweaks, but I don't expect an overhaul. The current HD stage was awesome when it debuted but it is getting kind of boring though and just seems a bit lazy that it's the same for each show and just the colors change each time with the logo. Good time to introduce the set though if they do.

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It's time for a change. I've been sick of the HD set for a while just like the current WWE title. Hopefully we'll see a new set for the 1,000th ep, as it'd be a good time to introduce it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Makes sense to bring in a new set for this show as well as a new WWE title. I wouldn't mind if they kept the same look for all the shows since it is easier for them and really both brands feel the same these days because so many wrestlers appear on both shows. I like the current set because it has a clean and simple look and I hope that they don't go too over the top with the new one.

Brett

Reaction score
If it will change then will we be seeing pics of the new set before the raw anniversary?

its exciting hearing the news the sets might change but at the same time if the set is worse then the current hd one then will it be a awful because we will be stuck with it for another 4 years or even longer.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I no longer consider wwe.com as a reliable source. They say and do things that completely disconnect from whats actually going on.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They do this all the time now say what ifs and possibilities which just means they aren't actually doing it just saying it to get traffic. So wouldn't expect a thing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I agree with the last two comments. I don't care if they get a new one either, HD set is fine by me.

Remember last year when those Hardcore Title articles popped up and everyone thought the belt was making a comeback? LOL

Brett

Reaction score
HD set is whack. please get a new set for the anniversary.

Too me the areana is just as important as the wrestling itself since it sets the 'atmosphere.'

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You seriously need to get over your little fetish for a new stage. In the grand scheme of things, it pretty much means fuck all.

Seems a case of just bitching about something unnecessary and then bitching even more when it does change and it's not what they like.

In other words, it's a set, get over it.

Brett

Reaction score
A stage sets the atmosphere for wrestling and it gives it a unique characteristic. Part of why i loved the attitude era was because of the amazing raw is war titron. I strongly disagree with your motto of the sets meaning fuck all because if they still used the smackdown fist the ratings would be higher for sure so each too there own.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If they were going to do a new set it would have been perfect when Big Show was tearing the place apart or when Cena was killing Cole. I don't see another "blowup" like one of those very soon honestly unless they have Lesnar go berserk too.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
A stage sets the atmosphere for wrestling and it gives it a unique characteristic. Part of why i loved the attitude era was because of the amazing raw is war titron. I strongly disagree with your motto of the sets meaning fuck all because if they still used the smackdown fist the ratings would be higher for sure so each too there own.

I apologize in advance, because as staff I try to stop this from happening, but this may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Fist would bring in higher ratings? HOW? Give me one good reason why the set makes people want to watch the product? It really makes the promos and the wrestling better right?

Brett

Reaction score
Like i said the set makes the show look more interesting. i mean i thought that would be rather obvious?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I couldn't give two shits about what the stage looks like.

I care about the WRESTLING, the promos, the storytelling and to an extent the commentary.

What the stage looks like for those brief seconds a superstar is shown on it really isn't important at all.

Brett

Reaction score
Again your wrong.... its not just 'brief moments' what about segements when characters are talking on the stage or wrestlers sometimes fight on the stage as well.

also the special effects they use on the stage with the wrestlers entrances. u do realise as well they do promos by the live screen on the set.