WWE taking away "bad" signs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Wrestlescoop.com

- At Monday’s RAW in Toronto, two anti-Cena signs were quite visible on camera when Cena himself got on the mic to introduce the returning Trish Stratus as his tag team partner for his match with Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix. The signs read “Cuck Fena†and “We’ve Cena ‘Nuff!†- which was held up a few moments later. Both signs were held up by the same person, and quickly confiscated by security.

As recently as a few months ago - and definitely a few years ago when WWE marketed products featuring catchy slogans such as “Ruck Fules!â€, “Blow me … Into the Stratusphere!â€, “APA - Always Pounding Assâ€, and “Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!†- both signs would have passed through, but that’s not the case anymore due to the company’s new-found kid-friendly directive, as well as WWE becoming more meticulous over what appears on-air.

As noted earlier, Jim Ross talked about the confiscated fan signs in his most recent blog and said those types of signs are not going to pass through in this day and age. Ross wrote: “As I have said many times, I am all for freedom of speech unless it crosses the line in the form of signs that essentially profanely scream, “please look at me.†The “Cuck Fena†sign that was wisely confiscated in Toronto is a good example of crossing the line. It’s akin to the “Tuck Fexas†shirt some here in Oklahoma wear. Bad taste…not cool. There was a time when that sort of material was actually encouraged and marketed in the WWE but that attitudinal ship has sailed.â€

Just to note, there is always a guy on a headset sitting by the announcers, and he is the person in charge of directing security to confiscate questionable fan signs, at least upon hearing from the people in the production truck. Sometimes he’ll even get out of his chair and confiscate the questionable fan signs himself

:gun_bandana: :Disappointed_anim:

Reaction score
Ahh the good old days of the Attitude Era. How I miss those days. Back when a man could hold up signs that said "Rock Sucks Cock" and "Why Do You Pay Test?" or even "HHHITLER". Now because they want to go strictly PG, they won't even let signs in? Come on.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah you know what else the attitude era had? a shit undercard, mae young giving birth to a hand and katie vick. I'll take the lack of asshats with dumb signs.

Reaction score
Yeah you know what else the attitude era had? a shit undercard, mae young giving birth to a hand and katie vick. I'll take the lack of asshats with dumb signs.

The product these days is better? You're actually insinuating that?

And for the record, Katie Vick wasn't part of the Attitude Era

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Is that what you remember the Attitude Era for? Katie Vick wasnt even part of it...

MC Rae

Reaction score
Is a 'Cuck Fena' sign really crossing the line? I don't think so.

Part of what I like in wrestling is the crowds reactions/opinions at a show. Taking away signs like 'We've Cena 'Nuff' is just ridiculous in my book.

Beer Money Army

i am waiting for a sign that says "The Brian Kendrick stoled my reefer"

Reaction score
As recently as a few months ago - and definitely a few years ago when WWE marketed products featuring catchy slogans such as “Ruck Fules!â€, “Blow me … Into the Stratusphere!â€, “APA - Always Pounding Assâ€, and “Wine me, Dine me, 619 me!†- both signs would have passed through, but that’s not the case anymore due to the company’s new-found kid-friendly directive, as well as WWE becoming more meticulous over what appears on-air.

I would say, due to the WWE's over-protection of the John Cena image - similar to Triple H when it was reported the WWE asked a video gaming magazine previewing Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 NOT to show any footage of Triple H in a defensive position (ie. being attacked, in a submission hold etc etc)

Reaction score
I would say, due to the WWE's over-protection of the John Cena image - similar to Triple H when it was reported the WWE asked a video gaming magazine previewing Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 NOT to show any footage of Triple H in a defensive position (ie. being attacked, in a submission hold etc etc)

Jesus Christ, is that for real?

I mean, they let him bury the entire roster, gave him every "award" they could for the better part of 2 years('02 and '03), and they want to go to that extreme?

Travis40

Is a 'Cuck Fena' sign really crossing the line? I don't think so.

...I guess it is. I went to school with a Tuck Fexas shirt a couple of weeks ago, and they made me drive home at lunch to get a new shirt becuase it wasn't "school appropriate"...that pissed me off. So if high schools don't let you wear shirts like that, WWE sure as hell isn't going to let you come into an event with a sign that says "Cuck Fena"

At the time, H was the WWE Champion, and a fan favorite. Why would you want to show him getting his ass kicked in a video game preview? Sure, it's just a video game, but the dumbass kids that think wrestling is real, will see HHH on the ground, and assume that HHH isn't "a good rassler" and they'll start to turn on him :dunno:

MikeRaw

Stop getting off topic with the attitude era shit. Make a new thread for that topic.

Anyways, they shouldn't have taken the sign away. If Cena used to be able to have "Ruck Fules" a fan should have the ability to have a sign saying "Cuck Fena".

However, I doubt that's all there is to it.
I would bet this guy was swearing, cussing at Cena, making gestures at the camera, etc.

Reaction score
At the time, H was the WWE Champion, and a fan favorite. Why would you want to show him getting his ass kicked in a video game preview? Sure, it's just a video game, but the dumbass kids that think wrestling is real, will see HHH on the ground, and assume that HHH isn't "a good rassler" and they'll start to turn on him :dunno:

Don't doubt yourself - you are spot on. And that's the same (similar) reasoning behind removing signs that degrade a guy who is current World Heavyweight Champion, and a McMahon favourite (which makes a "fan favourite" weak in comparison).

All major bodies of business, recreation, government - from the WWE to HSBC and AIG, NASA and the CIA - are all about preserving their image for the greater good, in every single detail imaginable.

And with such a marketable entity like John Cena, everything needs to be done in the WWE's power to keep his identity on the positive streamline, for the sake of shareholders, potential clients etc etc

On the flipside, I don't think the 'E would care if there was a sign reading: "Manu sucks." :smoke_1:

Reaction score
I held up a sign that said "FIRE RIKISHI PLEASE" back in 2002. I never got in trouble, lol

the dark knight

As noted earlier, Jim Ross talked about the confiscated fan signs in his most recent blog and said those types of signs are not going to pass through in this day and age. Ross wrote: “As I have said many times, I am all for freedom of speech unless it crosses the line in the form of signs that essentially profanely scream, “please look at me.†The “Cuck Fena†sign that was wisely confiscated in Toronto is a good example of crossing the line. It’s akin to the “Tuck Fexas†shirt some here in Oklahoma wear. Bad taste…not cool. There was a time when that sort of material was actually encouraged and marketed in the WWE but that attitudinal ship has sailed.â€
1) if there are fucking lines, then there is no fucking freedom of speech. you're either FREEEEEE to say whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want, or its not freedom. no fucking restrictions or "unless"s. there is no fucking freedom in the world, live with it. stop whoring the fucking word. freedom=anarchy

2) lets assume there are rules for holding up signs. and the rule is no "crossing lines". cuck fena COULD BE understandable, but whats wrong with "we've cena nuff"? right. stop making up shit.

3) it wasn't bad taste when cena had it on his hat.

so? no shit you fat fuck, nobody said it was perfect. its still 999999999x better than the shit we get these days isn't it?

oh and fyi, katie vick was in the main event. in the time where it wasn't really the attitude era. just because their opening video says "attitude..entertainment" doesn't mean its the attitude era.

The Rated R CMStar

I agree with the Cuck Fena sign getting confiscated. The other one was stupid to get confiscated