WWE Tag Team DVD cover

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Looks pretty good, but DX should not be on the cover. C'mon. They were more of a stable during the most popular of their times, and their revived run as a tag team only lasted 8 months or so. Teams like The Hart Foundation, the Hardys, E&C, Legion of Doom, etc, should be on the cover. DX should be in the bacground, if anything.

Klide

^ thats what i said they havent really accoplished much as a tag team(by that i mean tag team gold) they only won championships individually while in DX and the thing that ticks me off about it is that there right dab in the middle. i would rather see evolution

PeepShow

Looks pretty good, but DX should not be on the cover. C'mon. They were more of a stable during the most popular of their times, and their revived run as a tag team only lasted 8 months or so. Teams like The Hart Foundation, the Hardys, E&C, Legion of Doom, etc, should be on the cover. DX should be in the bacground, if anything.

Why wouldn't they put their most popular and most marketable team as the primary team on the cover? Makes sense. Just glad E&C made the cover. Kinda surprised the Hardyz didn't make it tbh.

MikeRaw

^Because they're hardly a tag team. From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense, but like everything else to do with the tag division, it does kinda shit all over it. How can you put a team of two guys who were only a tag team for a year in the late 90's (HBK wasn't even in the stable part), and 8 months in 2006, on the cover of a tag team DVD, and expect ot pass it off as a credible DVD about tag team wrestling?

J

No Hardy's = Epic Fail. I mean come on there one of the greatest tag teams if not the greatest at least imo.

Reaction score
Expect to see a bit of a tag team push right around the time they are releasing this, much like they with the IC belt back in January with the DVD coming out. But just like the IC push, it will quickly fade once the DVD has been out for a few weeks.

Reaction score
^^I understand it from a marketing ploy, but if the DVD is based on legends of the tag team division then DX dont deserve to be the main faces on the box art. The freebirds technically are also a stable.

I didnt even know this was coming out. Does it feature the British Bulldogs?

Soulpower

HHH takes center stage.

You know what, I'm not even going to say anything.

Klide

Why wouldn't they put their most popular and most marketable team as the primary team on the cover? Makes sense. Just glad E&C made the cover. Kinda surprised the Hardyz didn't make it tbh.

id be pissed if they didnt. but yeah im surprised hardyz didnt cause dont little kids like em more?

Reaction score
To be fair, it does say allied powers right above greatest tag teams. So Shawn Michaels and Triple H would fall in that category. I understand why people are upset because they aren't technically a tag team, but in terms of success and making an impact, HBK and Triple H made a bigger impact together than almost any tag team in history. From a marketing stand point, it makes a lot more sense to have DX on the cover than the Road Warriors. That's not to say that there isn't some bias here, since Edge & Christian and Michael Hayes are all currently working for the WWE as well and all happened to make the cover.

seX-Power

Lol @ people bitching about the cover of a DVD they'll probably never buy.

Airfixx

^^^^LOL... SO true!!!

^ thats what i said they havent really accoplished much as a tag team(by that i mean tag team gold) they only won championships individually while in DX and the thing that ticks me off about it is that there right dab in the middle. i would rather see evolution

...And Evolution is more of a bonafide tag team in what respect exactly?

Pressumably you aren't implying Batista & Flair made one of the best teams ever?

I think more interstingly with regards to DX... Will The New Age Outlaws feature AT ALL?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Lol @ people bitching about the cover of a DVD they'll probably never buy.

lmao, I was thinking the same thing as I was strolling down.

No Hardy's = Epic Fail. I mean come on there one of the greatest tag teams if not the greatest at least imo.

That sir would be The Dudley Boys/Team 3-D... In my eyes anyway.