WWE Summerslam: Match Of The Night

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

• Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alicia Fox vs. Melina

• SES vs. Big Show

• Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

• Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

• Nexus vs. WWE

• None.. Boring PPV.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score

Out of the matches that were on this show, I think we have a clear winner. This was a PPV that clearly lacked matches and for some reason, I was left wanting more of the likes of Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne and Chris Masters considering what we got on this show. The opening contest was somewhat good but the Nexus stopped the match and stopped the (one of 3) potentially good wrestling matches. The divas performed like normal which is horrible considering Melina is considered a great. SES/Show was alright. Sheamus/Orton was great but they should have got some more time (I feel that the match only started getting good towards the end). Kane/Rey was good and the WWE/Nexus match was good also but I got really bored during it.

I'm actually really pissed off that we didn't get to see the dark match (Bourne vs. Ryder). Maybe if WWE had added this contest to their PPV, We'd have more of a contest here.

• Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston
  • Alicia Fox vs. Melina
  • SES vs. Big Show
  • Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
  • Kane vs. Rey Mysterio
  • Nexus vs. WWE

My Pick:

Nexus vs. WWE. I mean, This match was seriously Mark Out Moment of the year so far for me. I don't read spoilers and it was just pure awesomeness to be sat on my sofa (Nearly fell asleep :() then Cena announces Bryan - I couldn't sleep! The match dragged on abit but I'm voting this match because we saw some good action and I actually liked the ending. Cena took out the Nexus and WWE showed Cena in a way where he can now say that he did truly take down the Nexus. Cena promised to take out the Nexus and he did that. Unfortunately, I can't see anyway of going forward and I think the Nexus could be dead soon.

Discuss.​

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I voted Nexus/WWEW by default. It was much better then I expected, even though I wasn't a very big fan of the Bryan come back, but it helped the matches story. And I have to admit, his performance was pretty damn good, but I am still standing by my overrated comments. Every other match about was what I expected.

kingovkings

Reaction score
WWE VS Nexus was good until the end. Bryan coming back was awesome would have been even better if WWE hadn't fucked it up =/. There was some good back and forth action in the ring.

And nexus did well better than i expected TBH. Miz running in and taking Bryan out was good. But the end was shite.

Again Booking fucked up this match making Cena super human and unbeatable yet again. Not Cena's fault BOOKING'S.I mean cena got his head stove into the concrete floor ffs and yet he gets up and beats 2 men :0.

Thing is the had perfect opportunity to put Nexus over with out making WWE team look weak, When miz took out Daniels.

It was 2 on 1 Cena had his head caved in from the floor all they had to do was carry on with a beat down and both Barrett and Gabe hitting there finishers.

Nexus get a much needed rub and get more credibility and WWE team dont look weak.

Piss poor booking and shit PPV. Vent over

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Honestly, I still feel that the Nexus looked strong and dominat without the win. It wasn't like Cena went full out 6 on 1 comeback, and the Nexus looked strong in taking out all but one member of Team WWE. I am by no means saying that Cena's whole act isn't boring, because it is. He did look like the dominant face, but really did you expect anything less? He looked dominant but he didn't completely bury the Nexus, he barely got the win by luck more so than "overcoming the odds" if you ask me (both in kayfabe and in reality).

Reaction score
The main event. Despite the ending, it was a friggin awesome 30 minute multi man tag. Probably the best one since the awesomeness of Hart Foundation vs Austin/LoD/Shamrock/Goldust but with less heat.

...god...

Reaction score
I recall a much better one on Raw with Austin, Rock, Kane, etc. vs. DX. I'll have to go find that sometime, not to be confused with the one where Triple H runs down at the end and DX reforms, which was also really awesome.

Reaction score
I know the one you're talking about, that was indeed awesome, but no way does it touch the Canadian Stampede classic. The moment when Austin grabs Stu in the audience and the crowd almost riots, and then they go batshit crazy when Austin starts taking on the other four in the corner. And it was so crazy to watch that and see the contrast of Bret as a face in his home country while he was the hardcore dick heel stateside, I saw that shit live and it was awesome. I remember seeing that and WCW's Bash at the Beach PPV, it had the Hogan/Rodman -Luger Giant main event, but Benoit-Sullivan stole the sho, in the same month and this was when WCW was the shit and but that main event outweighed the entire WCW offering. What a fucking match and damn 1997 was probably the best year for wrestling, like ever.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, not comparing it that one. I think you suggested that one to me awhile ago and I watched most of it.