*WWE SummerSlam Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
1-WWE Title-Triple H(c) v Edge (undertaker returns, screws edge)
2-World Title-CM Punk(c) v Chris Jericho v Kane v Batista
3-ECW Title-Mark Henry(c) v Matt Hardy
4-Intercontinental Title-Kofi Kingston(c) v Lance Cade
5-United States Title Number One Contender-Mr Kennedy v Umaga v MVP
6-ECW Television Title Debut-Tommy Dreamer v Colin Delaney
7-World Tag Titles-Priceless(c) v Cryme Tyme
8-WWE Tag Titles-Hawkins + Ryder(c) v Jesse + Festus
9-World Title Number One Contender-John Cena v JBL
10-Divas Tag-Mickie James + Michelle McCool v Natalya + Victoria

1. i dont think edge will be fighting triple h for the title, with the things going on with vickie and edge spearing her, i doubt shed reward him with another title shot

2. i see that world title match happening nut why throw y2j in it i dont think thats goin happen, but either triple threat with punk, kane, and tista, maybe cena and jbl thrown in it

3. that ecw title match is definate seeing as though hardy won the fatal 4 way, i think henry going win though

4. dont think theyll throw cade in with kingston seeing as though kingston and burchill have ben having their fued, no point in taking out burchill and throwing in cade with no build-up to that fued

5. kennedy umaga and MVP may fight but i doubt it be for the us title, shelton needs somebody fued with for the title yes but with jeff not having anybody fued with im sure hardy will start fueding with him

6. a dreamer/delany in a ppv match would just be pointless and may destroy the whole ppv

7. as much as i want this, after what happened with duggan and king on raw i think they going have them fight for the titles, they aint do that segment for nothing

8. could care less bout this smackdown has more tag teams but all of them suck to me

9. if cena and jbl go at it agin, it needs to be some type of stimulation like a retire (jbl) vs never getting world title shot while punk is champ (cena) match and get jbl out the wreslting role agin hes admited his self hes outa shape and ant train as good cause of his back problems

10. dont see the point in this match having mickie a raw diva teaming withmc cool a smackdown diva vs 2 other smackdown divas, she has no reason be in it, maybe maria but not mickie

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well I'm not that impressed with the matches so far.
Matt/Henry = boring
HHH/Khali not sure about this but unless its a gimmick match i think this could be crap too
Taker/ Edge= only decent match on the card up to now. Hope they make some other shit hot matches because up to now the card looks shit IMO.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
yea for Summer Slam to be the ppv of the summer or the party of the summer or whatever the tag line is but so far it looks to be pretty boring, triple h vs khali im sure will be boring, hardy vs henry maybe boring the only good match so far is taker edge HIAC, wierd how the only good match so far is the 1 without a title involved, if y2j fights agin that would be yet another match without a title thats better

the summer slam match card may look something like and not in any order

Henry (c) vs Matt:

kennedy & hardy vs MVP & Umaga

triple h (c)vs khali:

Taker vs edge:

CM Punk vs jbl vs kane vs cena vs batista

Team pricless vs duggan & king

maybe kingston vs burchill

with hbk "injured" idoubt y2j will have a match or cade

this isnt what i want but what i think the match card will consist of

Reaction score
1-World Heavyweight Championship match: CM Punk(C) Vs. JBL Vs. Kane.
Winner: CM Punk(Maybe Y2J will be added or he will be added to a title match after another HBK Vs. Y2J match.)
2-WWE Chmpionship match: HHH(C) Vs. Khali.
Winner: HHH
3-Batista Vs. Cena.
Winner: Batista(Return of Orton to start Evo. V:2)
4-Hell in a cell: Taker Vs. Edge
Winner: Taker
5-IC title match: Kingston Vs. Burchill
Winner: Kingston
6-World tag championship match: Team Priceless Vs. Cryme Tyme.
Winner: Team Priceless
7-ECW Title match: Henry Vs. Hardy
Winner: Henry
8.-Hardy/Kennedy Vs. MVP/Umaga
Winner: Hardy/Kennedy.

Thats all i got. Maybe HBK/Y2J will be added but i think there gonna have there match on a different time and then Y2J will prolly be in title hunt. IF y2j gets added anyway, then that will be the 2nd best match, and first is of course gonna be the HIAC match unless y2j gets a speciality match.

cenamancan

Reaction score
If anyone here plays along at fourdown.org (there's a prize for summerslam), these are the predictions I've entered. love to see what you guys think will happen. i usually score pretty well there.

Edge/Undertaker:
Undertaker by pinfall

Cena/Batista:
Batista by pinfall, yes there will be interference

Punk/JBL:
Punk by submission, no interference

HHH/Khali:
HHH by pinfall, yes there will be interference

Henry/Hardy:
Henry by pinfall, yes there will be interference

Winner Takes All:
Beth/Santino by pinfall

MVP/Hardy:
MVP by pinfall, no interference

Will any of the following get involved in the Cena/Batista match?
Chris Jericho

What will Shawn Michaels' decision be?
He will retire and no longer wrestle

Who will score the pinfall/submission victory for his/her team in the Winner Takes All match?
Beth Phoenix

Who will lose the fall by pinfall/submission in the Winner Takes All match?
Mickie James

How many titles will change hands at SummerSlam?

PeepShow

Santino and Beth are obviously going to win this Mixed tag for both the titles. I can also see Santino being the one to pin Mickie and becoming the women's champ and Beth then becoming IC champ by default.

Airfixx

Seeing Santino crowned the Women's champion would undoubtedly be the highlight of this years Summerslam for me.... I can't wait!

...Would be especially cool if he held onto it for a while, repeatedly getting his ass kicked by the Divas but still somehow retaining week after week.

Edit: And responding to complaints and reservations to such an outcome, if Santino pins Mickie it ruin's no-one's push/momentum. Fun injection, ya'll... Reckognise! ;o]

Soulpower

Here's the card, my picks in bold.

* World Title Match: CM Punk © vs. JBL
* WWE Title Match: HHH © vs. The Great Khali
* Hell in a Cell: Edge vs. The Undertaker
* ECW Title Match: Mark Henry © vs. Matt Hardy
* WWE IC and Women's Title Match Winner Takes All: Kofi Kingston © and Mickie James © vs. Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix
* Batista vs. John Cena
* Jeff Hardy vs. MVP

* Shawn Michaels will make an announcement regarding his career

Wordlife

well it is a definite HHH win as stated in my newspaper because of The Great Khali's injury problem, he cant work that much, so he is not going to win, which is good

humankiller99

Reaction score
i got:

HHH def Khali with the pedigree
Punk def JBL with the GTS (though he needs to bring back the pepsi plunge)
Taker destroying edge in a epic bloodbath (i hope for a high spot)
Santino pinning Mickie to win the women's and IC titles but on RAW he takes BOTH titles and Beth is PISSED and has a match with him where she wins the title..
HBK retires only to come back at Unforgiven or at wm 25
Batista def Cena with the Batista Bomb in a good match.. NOT
Henry def Matt Hardy via WSS. (that gay front slam he does)
MVP def Jeff hardy via Playmaker. jeff is hurt. why would they give him the win?

Wordlife

^which would be a nice change to Raw. Well lets see, Jeff vs MVP was decent, weird win by MVP though, good idea there... Santino and Beth winning was awesome just cause im a mark for Santino lately... Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy was plain Blue... HBK's wife getting knocked the fuck out was a good fill in, but I'm so sick of that damn storyline already, please give Y2J a title will ya??? Um... yeah... CM Punk defeating JBL was great, that was a decent match, HHH over Khali was awesome, 8/10 on that match..........

Cena vs Batista = AWESOMENESS!!! But it could've been better... Cena was awesome when he countered that move and threw him on his shoulders for the F U!! That was great, but Batista won which was cool too... and yeah^^ I hope for a Batista heel turn ASAP!!

And the grande finale was a 20/10 ... Taker whooped Edges ass, hands down, even though Edge kinda kicked his ass a little in the beginning, it turned out to be a brutal vicious match that should maybe win Match of the Year imo. Edge said he'd go to hell, and Taker damn sure made his ass go RIGHT down to hell!!! PERFECT RETURN MATCH!!!

Overall, I think the ppv was okay, up until about the HHH/Khali match, and then it turned perfect, that match and Cena/Batista and Edge/Taker HIAC were amazing.... overall ppv was a 9/10

Mugen

Reaction score
Quick review

MVP vs. Jeff Hardy ***
Winner Takes All **
Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry *
JBL vs CM Punk ***
Triple H vs. Khali **
Batista vs. Cena ****
Edge vs. Taker **** (Match of the Night easily)

Overall good PPV.

MikeRaw

Awesome PPV. Only a few promos, but they did the job, cause PPV'S are more about matches anyways.
One of the best Summerslams ever.

For promos, santino was a riot as usual, and had me laughing wihth his Manscaping.
The HBK promo was AMAZING. Y2J played heel awesome, and he knocked Rebecca with a hard punch to boot. Great promo, and there's more from these two obviously...

The matches were solid too.
Jeff/MVP was good, with a good twisting finish.
Mickie/Kofi vs Santino/Beth was also solid. Some good comedy,. especially after the match, but also some good wrestling.
Hardy/Henry SUCKED, and was stupid, but whatever.
Punk/JBL was very solid. Pretty violent, and hard hitting, and good length.
Khali/HHH was not as bad as people thought. They made do with what they had, and had a decent match.
Cena/Batista was a classic. Not just for the guys in it, btu the wrestlign was actually very good.
HIAC was INSANE. I can't believe it. So much violence, so much storytelling, great ending.

very good PPV, and second best this year... Great.

Michael1

Reaction score
I have to give Rebecca props for taking that stiff shot to the lip from Jericho. Wow.

As for the PPV, it was better I expected. Edge/Undertaker stole the freaking show without a doubt. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire match. It was absolutely amazing. Especially the bumps taken. A spear through the cell! Running on two tables and a spear through the ECW announce table and then a chokeslam off the top turnbuckle to the outside through two tables. Just wow. An amazing match. Definitely a match of the year candidate, possibly match of the year.

Batista/Cena was much better than I thought too. Some great counters. Second best match of the night. Wow at Batista catching Cena in mid-air and hitting the Batista bomb. I must say, I'm pretty happy Batista won. Another great match, second best of the night.

The rest of the PPV was pretty good too. I'm really happy MVP went over Hardy. He needed a PPV win, especially because his last PPV win was at Unforgiven last year, I believe. I'm happy Santino and Beth won their winner take all match. I lol'd at Santino and Beth's post match interview on WWE.com with Santino's crying. LOL. Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy was nothing. Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho's confrontation was great. I can't wait to see what comes out of it, especially when Jericho punched Rebecca, Shawn Michaels' wife. Triple H vs The Great Khali was better than expected, IMO and CM Punk vs JBL was pretty good too. I didn't have a problem with it. So all in all, a good PPV. Batista/Cena and Undertaker/Edge HIAC made me very happy I ordered the PPV.