WWE: Stand your Ground

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
I’m back with a brand new BTB after almost a year away. I’m not sure if anybody remembers me from my infamous WWE:Y28 BTB? Anyway I’m here to stay and I’ll try my best to make it one of the best BTB’s this site has. I’ll be writing each weekly show Raw, Smackdown and ECW excluding superstars because one it’s a lacklustre show and two I’m not superman and in addition I’ll be writing the monthly PPV’S.

Backstory: The story takes place on April the 13th the night of the 2009 annual draft. Where any superstar or personality can move shows, which will break up existing friendships and rivalries. Everybody knows not a single person is safe.

raw.jpg

Beth Phoenix
Carlito
Cody Rhodes
DH Smith
Finlay
Gail Kim
Goldust
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Jack Swagger
Jamie Noble
Jeff Hardy
Jerry Lawler
Jillian
Jim Ross
John Cena
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Lilian Garcia
Maryse
Mickie James
Mike Knox
Mr McMahon
MVP
Primo
Randy Orton
Rosa Mendes
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Ted DiBiase
The Big Show
The Miz
The Undertaker
Triple H
Umaga
Vickie Guerrero
Vladimir Kozlov

Raw Champions:

World Heavyweight Champion: John Cena
Intercontinental Champion: Rey Mysterio
Womens Champion: Melina
Unified Tag Team Champions: Carlito & Primo

ecw_logo.png

Alicia Fox
Christian
CM Punk
DJ Gabriel
Hornswoggle
Josh Matthews
Katie Lea Birchill
Ken Kennedy
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Matt Striker
Paul Birchill
Sim Snuka
The Brian Kendrick
Tiffany
Tommy Dreamer
Tony Atlas
Tony Chimel
Tyson Kidd
William Regal

ECW Champion:CM Punk

wwe-smackdown-logo.jpg

Batista
Brie Bella
Candice Michelle
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
Evan Bourne
Eve
Ezekiel Jackson
Festus
Gregory Helms
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Morrison
JTG
Justin Roberts
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Kung Fu Naki
Maria
Melina
Michael Cole
Michelle McCool
Nikki Bella
Ranjin Singh
Rey Mysterio
Ricky Ortiz
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
The Great Khali
Theodore Long
Todd Grisham
Zack Ryder

Smackdown Champions:
WWE Champion: Triple H
U.S Champion:MVP
Divas Champion: Maryse

Quintastic One

Reaction score
If you can run 3 shows every week all by yourself, I commend you sir. lol. Obviously this is pretty standard fair of "watch me do better booking than WWE current day" so I expect probably some vastly different changes to draft picks, and from there we will see whats going on with what you have planned.

-TJ-

If you can write all three shows constantly for a month along with the ppv. I will be your fan boy :D. I honestly think you should get another writer to write SD to take off some stress from you, but I hope you do good. This is a pretty standard roster and looks like it is an "I think I am better then the monkeys that book for WWE" My guess is the draft will change the rosters really good and/or bad. Maybe add a big time main eventer to ECW? XD

Good luck on this.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
raw-logo-branding.jpg

wwedraft_feature.jpg

Date: April 13th 2009 Venue:Philips Arena(Atlanta, Georgia)

Match 1: Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes Defeat Primo and Carlito to earn Raw the first draft pick

Draft Pick 1: Jeff Hardy drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Match 2: The Big Show defeats CM Punk to earn Smackdown the second draft pick

Draft Pick 2: Shawn Michaels drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Match 3: Edge defeats Christian to earn smackdown the third draft pick

Draft Pick 3: Chris Jericho drafted to smackdown from RAW

Match 4: Rey Mysterio defeats MVP to earn RAW the fourth draft pick

Draft Pick 4: Jim Ross drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Match 5: Chris Jericho defeats Kofi Kingston to earn smackdown the fifth draft pick

Draft pick 5: Rey Mysterio drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Match 6: Umaga defeats Mark Henry to earn Smackdown the sixth draft pick

Draft pick 6: Michael Cole drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Match 7: Jeff Hardy defeats Matt Hardy to earn RAW the seventh draft pick

Draft pick 7: MVP drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Match 8: Santina Marella and Goldust defeat Jimmy Wang and Kung Fu Naki to earn RAW the eighth draft pick

Draft Pick 8: The Big Show drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Match 9: Maryse defeats Melina to earn Smackdown the ninth and tenth draft picks

Draft Pick 9: John Morrison drafted to Smackdown from ECW
Draft Pick 10: Batista drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Match 10: William Regal defeats R-Truth to earn RAW the eleventh draft pick

Draft Pick 11: Undertaker drafted to RAW from smackdown

Match 11: 15 Man interbrand over the top battle royal, ECW representative Mark Henry was the winning entrant to earn ECW the twelfth and thirteenth draft picks

Team Raw: Randy Orton, William Regal, The Big Show, Jeff Hardy, Santino Marella
Team ECW: Mark Henry, Finlay, The Miz, Christian, Evan Bourne
Team Smackdown: Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, John Morrison

Draft pick 12: Ken Kennedy drafted to ECW from Smackdown
Draft pick 13: CM Punk drafted to ECW from RAW

(Main Event)Match 13: Interbrand champion VS champion VS Champion triple threat non title match
John Cena defeats Jack Swagger and Triple H to earn RAW the final two draft picks.

Draft pick 14: Jack Swagger drafted to RAW from ECW
Draft pick 15: Triple H drafted to RAW from SD

After the match had finished CM Punk with his MITB briefcase in tow rushed to the ring with an ECW referee and busts open a semi conscious Jack Swagger with the briefcase. He gets his MITB contract out of it, Punk covers Swagger and the referee counts one, two three!

Match 14: CM Punk cashed in his money in the bank contract and defeats Jack Swagger to become the new ECW champion.

The camera cuts off as the show ends.

Draft Summary

RAW:
Triple H
The Undertaker
MVP
The Big Show
Jeff Hardy
Jack Swagger
Jim Ross

ECW:
Ken Kennedy
CM Punk

Smackdown:
Batista
Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio
Michael Cole
John Morrison

(The supplementary draft results will be posted shortly)

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Wow....uhm. Well? I suppose the draft was even as its gonna get. You basically just switched all the main eventers around which definitely shakes things up a bit. But basically you have a majority of Smackdown just on RAW and the majority of RAWs main eventers on Smackdown so it was like an old switcheroo.

The only thing I am like....holy shit thats lame is virtually everything you did with CM Punk. lol. It might be because I am a CM Punk mark but cashing in the MITB on the ECW title is horribly underwhelming, and a huge waste. Unless you plan on having ECW be a big time brand now, with custom made main eventers in CM Punk, Kennedy, Swagger and Christian Cage. But still, wow. To your credit this is shocking. Although I will have to wait for a show or two before I decide whether this is a good shock or a horrified shock. lol

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
draft.jpg

Dolph Ziggler drafted to Smackdown from RAW

DH Smith drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Melina drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Primo drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Charlie Haas drafted to Smackdown from RAW

The Brian Kendrick drafted to ECW from Smackdown

Shad drafted to Smackdown from RAW

The Miz drafted to RAW from ECW

Sim Snuka Drafted to ECW from RAW

Gail Kim drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Kane drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Kofi Kingston drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Finlay drafted to RAW from ECW

Vladimir Kozlov drafted to RAW from Smackdown

William Regal drafted to ECW from RAW

Candice Michelle drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Ricky Ortiz drafted to Smackdown from ECW

Carlito drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Maryse drafted to RAW from Smackdown

JTG drafted to Smackdown from RAW

Umaga drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Matt Hardy drafted to ECW from Smackdown

R-Truth drafted to RAW from Smackdown

Evan Bourne drafted to Smackdown from ECW

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
ECW on sci-fi preview:14/04/09

ECW Title rematch, CM Punk VS Jack Swagger: Last night the newly drafted Punk shocked the world cashing on his money contract by blind sighting The all American, American Jack Swagger covering him to become the new ECW champion. After the show a furious Swagger had his title rematch clause accepted by ECW interim GM Tiffany which sets up tonight’s main event.

Matt Hardy VS Christian: A match between two superstar’s who have a storied history dating back from the days when each athlete’s respective tag team’s used to lock horns on a regular basis. The newly drafted Matt Hardy has recently shown a new mean streak which was displayed after defeating his brother Jeff at Wrestlemania. Christian on the other hand has been extremely successful since his WWE return to ECW. Whoever prevails victor, this match will certainly be a must see.

Mark Henry VS Sim Snuka: The worlds strongest man takes on ECW new boy Sim Snuka, Its safe to say Snuka had a lacklustre run on RAW but coming from good stock with his father being the legendary superfly Snuka who was one of the first ever ECW champions. Will Snuka up his game or will Henry break his hopes?

William Regal VS The Brian Kendrick: The hard as steel Englishman William Regal will take on the newly drafted high flying Kendrick, Will the old school prevail over the new? On smackdown with his former right hand man Ezekiel in tow Kendrick was almost unstoppable but now solo will Kendrick find his way or will Regal’s old fashioned in ring methods prevail?

Tiffany’s position in doubt: The powers of be are less than impressed by Tiffany’s short time as ECW interim GM. Rumours are flying around various that candidates have been interviewed and there’s one name what sticks out. Who will that be and when will that be, be sure to keep tabs on that situation.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
ECW-logo.jpg

Date:14/04/09 Arena:philips Arena(Atlanta, Georgia)

ECW’s newly rebuffed opening video rolls with a new theme song “I’m not alone†by Scottish DJ, Calvin Harris. The camera cuts to the entrance ramp as the pyro explodes in full effect. Former ECW champion Jack Swagger charges down the ring with a pissed expression on his face. Swagger picks up a mic claiming he was robbed last night by Punk saying there’s no way Punk could ever defeat him in a fair one on one match that’s why he got tonight’s title rematch set up. He goes on to say Punk may have had his day in ECW but despite being drafted to RAW Swagger said he’s still going to be ECW’s top superstar. Before Swagger can go on any more Punk’s music hits and walks to the ramp way. Punk told Swagger to shut his whiny frat boy mouth, Punk said he saw an opportunity and grabbed it. Punk said he’s thrilled to be back on ECW and he’s ready to start his new era as champ by beating the living crap out of Swagger again. Swagger responds by saying the beating he’s going to give Punk will leave Punk a straight edge mess. Punk runs down to the ring and chases Swagger off to the back. Punk shows off his title belt to the crowd as we go to a commercial break.

Match 1: William Regal VS The Brian Kendrick

We come back from the commercial break. Regal comes out first getting a mixed reception from the fans, Kendrick comes to ring to a nice little flurry of chants from the fans.

Ending: The match was extremely close with Regal gaining the upper hand with various holds while Kendrick held his own with maneuvers and throws. The ending came when Regal nailed Kendrick with the Regal-Plex. Moments later Regal set Kendrick up for the Regal Stretch, as it looked like Kendrick was going to tap out Kendrick slowly moved towards the ropes eventually managing to grab hold of the ropes to break up the hold. A furious Regal picked up Kendrick, Kendrick landed a cheap punch to Regal’s jaw and followed it up with his signature move The Kendrick and quickly went for the pinfall. The referee hit the three count giving Brian Kendrick the victory.

We go backstage where Alicia Fox is joined by Matt Hardy. Alicia asks Matt how does he feel being drafted back to ECW. Hardy said he’s furious as he sees it as a step down but says while he’s he is going to make the most of his stay punishing any superstar who dares to get in his way starting with Christian tonight. Before Matt can go on any longer he’s interrupted by Christian. Christian tells Matt what he sees as a step down is to face Matt’s burned out, has been ass tonight. Christian asks Matt what he thinks about that, Matt nails Matt with a flew blows before both superstars brawl on the ground until officials break it up. We go to another commercial break.

Match 2: Sim Snuka VS Mark Henry W/Tony Atlas

Snuka came out wearing new attire similar to his fathers Jimmy Snuka to a standing ovation. Henry and Atlas came out to extraordinary loud boos from the crowd.

Ending: The match was mainly dominated by Henry as Snuka struggled to find his feet but still managed to get a few moves in. The ending came as Henry threw Sim to the corner of the ring, Henry ran towards the corner to take down Snuka. Snuka however moved out of
the corner in time. Snuka ran towards Henry and took him down with a running high knee strike. Atlas began taunting Snuka on the ring apron so Snuka knocked him off with a dropkick. As Henry began to recover Snuka nailed him with his signature move crack ‘em in da mouth. Snuka went for the cover and the referee got the three count giving Sim Snuka the upset win.

We go backstage in Tiffany’s office where Tiffany’s joined by Shane McMahon. Shane thanks Tiffany for her duties as interim ECW general manager but tells her as she knows her tenture was only supposed to be short. He goes on to say her replacement was supposed to make an appearance tonight but he got in trouble and ended up in a bar fight this afternoon so he wont be able to make tonight’s show in time as he’s currently locked up in a cell. Shane goes on to say Tiffany will however return to her old duties as assistant GM to keep the new upcoming GM on the right track. Shane whispers the candidate’s name in Tiffany’s ear, all of a sudden Tiffany cries like a little baby and yells for Shane to get out. We go to a commercial break after that cringeworthy promo.

Match 3: Matt Hardy VS Christian

Matt Hardy came out to a hostile reaction from the fans while Christian came out to a standing ovation

Ending: The match was extremely even throughout. Towards the end of the match As Hardy is laid on the ring mat Christian attempted the diving head butt but Hardy moved out just in time which results in Christian landing head first on the mat. Hardy picked up Christian taking him down with a Russian legsweep. Hardy climbed to the top rope landing a moonsault on Christian. This sets up a pin and the referee went for his count but Christian kicks out just before the three count. Hardy picked up Christian and threw him in the ring corner, Hardy went for the corner clothesline but Christian moved out of the way countering it with a bulldog. Christian picked up Hardy attempting the Killswitch however it was countered by Hardy who landed the elbow smash. Hardy executed the twist of fate then going for the pinfall, the referee counted one, two three. Hardy gets the victory, after the match Hardy began a vicious beat down on Christian.

The camera cut to the backstage area where Alicia Fox is joined by the New ECW champion CM Punk. Alicia asks Punk how it feels being back on ECW, punk says it’s a euphoric feeling coming back to the place where his WWE career started. Punk goes on to say unlike Raw fans he has a general connection with ECW fans. Alicia asks Punk how he’s feels about facing Swagger. Punk says Swagger is one hell of an athlete but says his main downfall is he’s to sure of himself, Punk says Swagger’s only been in WWE five minutes and expects immediate respect. Punk Says respect is earnt and he’s still got a long way to go for the respect he demands. Punk said there’s no way he’s going to lose his title to a cocky kid like Swagger. He calls himself the disciplinarian and he’s going to teach Swagger the true meaning of respect. We go to a commercial break.

Match 4 Main Event ECW Championship Match: CM Punk© VS Jack Swagger

Punk came out to the biggest pop of the night as the fans go wild for him. Swagger came out to an awful ovation from the crowd.

Ending: The match has been so close from the get go. Towards the end of the match Swagger nailed Punk with a belly to back suplex and Swagger went for the pinfall but Punk kicked out just before the three count. Swagger picked up Punk locking in the abdominal stretch, as it looked like Punk was about to tap Punk just managed to escape the hold countering the move with a roundhouse kick. Punk set up a Snap scoop power slam pin, the referee began his count however just before the stroke of three Swagger managed to kick out. Punk locked in the anaconda vice on Swagger, After a large amount of struggling Swagger managed to grab onto the ropes to break up the hold. Punk picked up Swagger but Swagger countered by delving his knee in Punk’s midsection. Swagger nailed Punk with his signature move the falling gutwrench powerbomb. Swagger went for the cover but Punk astonishingly managed to kick out just before the three count. A furious Swagger argued with the official over his count abilities, while the referees attentions were on Swagger CM Punk hit a low blow in Swagger’s crown jewels. Punk picked up Swagger executing the GTS to perfection. Punk went for the pinfall, before the referee hit the three count Ken Kennedy came out from under the ring canvas to nail Punk with a steel chair resulting in the match being a no contest. Kennedy approached his old nemesis Tony Chimel grabbing the title belt off him nailing him with a stiff chairshot. Tiffany came to the ramp way and announced her last act as ECW GM is booking an ECW championship triple threat match at Backlash between Kennedy, Swagger and Punk. Kennedy smiled at Tiffany jumping on the announce table with the ECW title like a lunatic. The camera fades to black as the show ends.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
Smackdown Card:16/04/09

Number contender match for the WWE title at Backlash: Edge VS Batista

Tag Team Match: Shawn Michaels & Rey Mysterio VS John Morrison & Chris Jericho

Power V Skill: Kane VS Evan Bourne

Number one contender match for the Unified tag titles at Backlash: Cryme Tyme VS Worlds Greatest Tag Team

Mixed Tag Team Match: Kofi Kingston & Melina VS Michelle McCool & Dolph Ziggler

Reaction score

Number one contender match for the Unified tag titles at Backlash: Cryme Tyme VS Worlds Greatest Tag Team

The Rated R CMStar

Might start reviewing this. Answering a question you made on the Chatroom, you might consider doing reviews to other. Most have the review 4 review rule.

No predictions as they would be pretty random seeing how I know nothing about this BTB.

CT Styles

I can't really rate your promos, as you do them in a flawless way where I can't base them on character but you do seem to get your point across. Also with your matches, I can't really rate them as they're only in detail at the ending. I'll see what I can do though..

Swagger's promo was pretty good and you managed to put over the main event of the night. Punk going back to ECW to cash in for the title I don't like as it's a massive step back to what he's heading for. Kendrick and Regal's match seemed alright but a face Kendrick seemed a little weird. I prefer the gimmick as a heel persona.

Hardy's promo was good but I feel a Matt/Christian match is almost PPV character and it was wasted on TV with the clean finish. I'd like to see Hardy get pushed to the main event and feud with Punk over the title.

The Snuka match I think would be a boring match in real life and your match really wasn't that amazing either from what I read. Again, I find the format hard to review. The Tiffany/Shane segment was interesting as I wonder who the GM could be.

Hardy/Christian was decent however, like I said, I feel it can be built up to PPV calibre and it seemed wasted on TV. The Punk/Tiffany promo wasn't anything amazing to be honest.

Punk/Swagger was good and I liked the ending. I think a Punk/Kennedy feud should be good and they should have a one-on-one feud after the triple threat match at Backlash. I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy hold the ECW Championship.

Alright show, nothing amazing.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

WWE: Stand your ground ECW review

Matches: The Brian Kendrick versus Regal was a decent ECW opening match. Both men got their offense in and this was a fun match. Next we had Sim Snuka vs. Mark Henry-boring. I could care less if these people are in the ring individually. Put them in a match together and I'm gonna stare at the refridgerator. Things got a little better with Matt Hardy versus Christian. That looks to be an interesting program. CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger was a good ECW main event. I was a little confused by Punk delivering a low blow as he is supposed to be a good guy.

Promos: Swagger's promo was a good way to open the show as it sets up the main event, gives him some momentum before heading over to Raw and gives him the whiny ex-champion heat. Christian and Matt Hardy's segment was good as well. Christian and Matt Hardy would be a good program to see in real life nowadays. Tiffany and Shane was very meh. Tiffany just doesn't have the "respect my authoritah" character that other GMs have both in real life and in this BTB. Punk's promo was good as well as he gave Swagger props but also made mention of Swagger's cockiness and how that will be his downfall.

Booking: Not a whole lot of complaints here. Every move made sense and things were moved along nicely.

Flow: This show had a very consistent flow as it was basically promo match promo match. That's all well and good but it's important to change things up occassionally.

Overall: The only real complaint was addressed by CT Styles and that's the match writing. You need more detail for the match itself and less for the finish. Other than that I see alot of potential here.

seX-Power

Well to motivate you to continue this, which I think you should, I'm going to leave a review. :)

First promo is just as expected with these two guys starting it off, and it was pretty standard stuff, though some lines were a bit corny.

Regal v Kendrick would have been a good match though when you say Kendrick came out to chants you didn't specify boos or cheers, though he looked like a heel. Well in that case the heel v heel dynamic would have made it boring to the marks out there, which isn't smart booking.

The promo with Matt and Christian is pretty good and in character and could be a good feud but you said Matt hit Matt once, the only real fault.

Snuka v Henry is an okay match with a very surprising result but I think he went from jobber to monster-defeater too quickly. This face push could be a good thing though but to get really over he could have hit the Superfly.

Tiffany getting replaced is meh, and the whole promo was just a little weird.

Hardy v Christian would have been another good match but I don't think these two should have gone at it after they had their little altercation tonight. The beat down afterwards means this isn't over but I don't think there should have been a clean win in this feud just yet.

The Punk interview is alright and good to see Alicia Fox as interviewer but I don't think Punk should have gotten two promos in one night.

The Main Event is a good match and showcases your writing abilities properly, and it was impressive for the most part, though there could be some stalling in between moves so it doesn't feel so robotic. Anyway, Punk nailing a low blow doesn't fit his character as he's not a cocky Christian-like face. Kennedy interfering to hit Punk is a good little swerve but the triple threat announcement soon after seemed a little out of the blue, though I like the 'one last announcement' sort of thing. The match at Backlash should be alright, hopefully you can build it up some more.

Alright show. No major faults and you look to have some good things planned out. I'll be reading and hopefully you continue with this.

-TJ-

Lol classic bumb Punk.

I guess I'll help too......

To start off your template of a show and your writing skills has the possibility of being consistent for some time if you want it to be. Regal and The Kendrick seems to be a good opener as defined by you. I was shocked and somewhat worried when you made Snuka beat Henry. Hardy vs. Christian seemed solid. Great job selling Hardy out as a heel. Along with that the ME seemed solid too and i liked the booking of Punk vs. Swagger. Kennedy though getting a shot seems kinda random. You'll prolly will build him up in the next weeks. I wonder who the new GM is gonna be.

Continue this.