WWE Smackdown Spoilers (9/7/12)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So Andrew posts the spoilers and them comments with a bunch of stuff that's not even mentioned? Why don't you actually post in those spoilers if you've obviously read them.

I'll probs be in the minority but I couldn't give any less fucks about Barrett returning even if I tried.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Austin hugging opponents was a rip on DDP hugging Vince, wasn't it? It did get over though so I suppose you're right.

Hopefully, Barrett is pushed well.
Yeah that was the story behind it since Vince didn't like to be hugged lol.

Pretty damn underwhelming to have Wade return after awesome vignettes to simply comeback doing a typical squash. When you do promos like that for somebody you're supposed to have them get into a decent feud off the bat.

Blujay

Reaction score

Looks like a strong show, Sheamus using a submission move and having the Brogue Kick banned adds something to the feud which is quite enjoyable actually. Wouldn't mind a Submission match between ADR/Sheamus.
PTP being #1 Contenders for the billionth time is getting annoying, make PTP win and have Sin/Rey and Uso's etc face them.
More Bryan is always good.

Barrett new finisher and return, promo... MUST WATCH

Not a bad show tbh.

Where did it say he used a new finisher? There was a report that he was using the Winds of Change (Black Hole Slam) during his dark matches instead of the Wasteland finisher. That's nothing new... Regardless, Barrett is likely next in line for a main event feud with Sheamus. Just a stiff brawling feud where either Barrett becomes the new champ or at least takes Sheamus to his limits. Overall Smackdown has been letting me down but this show looks to have some good potential.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Pretty damn underwhelming to have Wade return after awesome vignettes to simply comeback doing a typical squash. When you do promos like that for somebody you're supposed to have them get into a decent feud off the bat.

They need to hire some writers that aren't B-movie castoffs with no creativity.

Half the roster is being built up via squash matches ffs, it's like the 80's all over again minus the stars.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Where did it say he used a new finisher? There was a report that he was using the Winds of Change (Black Hole Slam) during his dark matches instead of the Wasteland finisher. That's nothing new... Regardless, Barrett is likely next in line for a main event feud with Sheamus. Just a stiff brawling feud where either Barrett becomes the new champ or at least takes Sheamus to his limits. Overall Smackdown has been letting me down but this show looks to have some good potential.

Twitter stated he had a new finisher but it's probably The Black Hole Slam.

DashX

Reaction score
I don't know why they do the reverse decisions. It doesn't make anybody look good. I was hoping that all of the teams WWE have right now would wrestle at Night of Champions instead of just the Prime Time Players.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looks like a good show.

I expect big things from the Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio team to eventually lead to feud and the WM match that they never had. PTP getting another title shot will only be a good thing if they win the titles, there is no point having them lose a title match for the fifth or sixth time.

I like the idea of Sandow facing Orton and then running away, fits that character perfectly. Will be great seeing Barrett back in the ring even if it is just a squash match.

TKK

Reaction score
[video=youtube;J_5Lg6kWB2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_5Lg6kWB2o[/video]

Barrett looked like a fucking beast, that finishing elbow strike looked brutal. The promo, meh. Good to see that he's already talking about the WHC.

The only problem that I have is that he's now using a watered down Chris Hero moveset, kinda sucks for Hero/Ohno. It does work for Barrett though.