WWE Smackdown spoilers 6/1/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Here's the spoilers for the June 1st edition of Smackdown featuring Sin Cara's return and CM Punk vs Kane for the wwe championship.

* SmackDown opens up with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. He talks about No Way Out and Alberto Del Rio. David Otunga comes out and demands an apology for Sheamus running over John Laurinaitis two weeks ago. Sheamus refuses and out comes Del Rio. Otunga announces that Del Rio will be able to pick the opponent for Sheamus tonight. Otunga ends up laid out after a Brogue Kick and Del Rio flees the ring.
* Sin Cara returns with new red and white gear and new pyro. He defeats Heath Slater in a decent match with no botches.
* Hype for tonight’s WWE Title Match with Kane vs. CM Punk.
* Ezekiel Jackson comes out followed by Damien Sandow. Sandow cuts a promo and refuses to wrestle. He leaves but Zeke brings him back to the ring. Sandow ends up defeating Jackson with his neckbreaker finisher.
* Backstage segment with Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler wants to face Sheamus tonight and Del Rio picks him as the opponent.
* Ryback defeated two local wrestlers in another squash match.
* Vickie Guerrero comes out with Dolph Ziggler and cuts a promo on Sheamus.
* Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler after a Brogue Kick. Jack Swagger interfered but it backfired and allowed Sheamus to get the win.
* Zack Ryder and Santino Marella defeated Darren Young and Titus O’Neil in under 2 minutes. Big Show came out after the match and beat up Santino on the stage, throwing him into the set. Show went and beat up Ryder next. Show knocked Santino out with a knockout punch as the crowd bood.
* Daniel Bryan is backstage trying to convince AJ Lee that CM Punk is using her.
* Cody Rhodes defeated Tyson Kidd in a quick match. Christian was on commentary and they had words after the match.
* CM Punk and Kane went to a DQ when Daniel Bryan interfered. Bryan attacked them both until Kane came back with a double chokeslam. John Laurinaitis interrupted things and announced a three-way for No Way Out for the WWE Title. AJ ended up in the ring with Bryan and Punk. She left by herself and Bryan slapped Punk. Punk closed the show with a GTS on Bryan.

Here's my thoughts.

1. WWE has no storyline for Ryback because this is getting ridiculous
2. They have good things for Damien Sandow because he's beating actual wrestlers
3. Sin Cara will do better now that he's practiced.
4. The Big Show is really becoming an unstoppable beast
5. Christian and Cody Rhodes will have a good feud
6. So much for Dolph Ziggler's singles push
7. Why does Kane need to be added to Punk vs Bryan?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
1. This is his story, they really wanna build this bad boy up long term.
3. Injured =/= Practiced. But hopefully he's had some time to study the WWE style more.
7. Keep the feud fresh. They've already wrestled on TV 4 times this year, so they can't get away with doing one on one matches between the two on PPV too often. Admittedly I'd rather it not be Kane, but the reasoning is there.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
1. WWE has no storyline for Ryback because this is getting ridiculous
2. They have good things for Damien Sandow because he's beating actual wrestlers
3. Sin Cara will do better now that he's practiced.
4. The Big Show is really becoming an unstoppable beast
5. Christian and Cody Rhodes will have a good feud
6. So much for Dolph Ziggler's singles push
7. Why does Kane need to be added to Punk vs Bryan?

1. Killing guys IS his story, it doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

2. I can imagine Sandow will be in the IC Title scene before too long.

3. He was out with an injury, not learning the WWE style. Personally I just can't wait until he botches some more, they were always pretty funny.

4. "Becoming an unstoppable beast?" Isn't he already an unstoppable beast? That being said, I don't like his reasoning for the turn and the way it was all explained, but Heel Show is much better than Face Show.

5. Until Christian wins at No Way Out and its over. They aren't going to waste months feuding over the IC Title when there's plenty of other guys to step up to the plate. Besides, Cody needs to get elevated soon.

6. Because he lost one match to the World Heavyweight Champion? Ok then......

7. Kane is there to take the loss so that Bryan can win the title or so he won't look bad in defeat. I'm leaning towards the former, but I won't be surprised if Punk wins.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Personally as much as I love D-Bry, I absolutely do NOT want him to dethrone Punk here or now. For the first time in over 8 years I've really been behind the top babyface that WWE was deciding to push. If there was ever a time for another long term reign, it's now, it's CM Punk. Every time John Cena has the strap for a year+/-, I die inside.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Personally as much as I love D-Bry, I absolutely do NOT want him to dethrone Punk here or now. For the first time in over 8 years I've really been behind the top babyface that WWE was deciding to push. If there was ever a time for another long term reign, it's now, it's CM Punk. Every time John Cena has the strap for a year+/-, I die inside.

Punk loses and feuds with Bryan until Summerslam where he regains the title. What's the harm in that? Money is still in the chase.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Punk loses and feuds with Bryan until Summerslam where he regains the title. What's the harm in that? Money is still in the chase.

It wouldn't be bad programming but I'd still be sad because Punk wouldn't have that year* next to his name under the record book. I'd just like to see someone I like do it for once... :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
Viper blowing things out of proportion? I never saw that one coming.

This looks like a largely forgettable show with some interesting things thrown in. Is it sad that the only parts of the shows I like anymore are the CM Punk parts?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
John Cena held the title for 18 months. CM Punk has the skill to carry it for at least a year. He can always bash his opponents on the mic and in the ring

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
John Cena held the title for 18 months. CM Punk has the skill to carry it for at least a year. He can always bash his opponents on the mic and in the ring
Don't help me...

:bastard:

Just kidding... or not really. Seriously, get off my side.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Actually, he held it for 10, won it back a month later and held it for another 4, won it back another 4 later and then held it for 13 months.

His big achievement was holding the title for roughly 25 out of 30 months over a 2 1/2 year period.